Photos that shook the world

Started by ross4life, December 30, 2009, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

famous Charles Ebbets photos from the Rockerfeller Centre in Manhattan (head for heights anyone?)

& the most famous one
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

pintsofguinness

I dont know about the rest but the bottom one is suppose to be a fake
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaffer

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 30, 2009, 07:17:13 PM

Ah Jasus, don't be saying that Pints, I just paid 30 lids for a canvas of that one.  :(
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ross4life

jonestown, guynana, islamic koolaidist-led attack on peaceful christian retreat

Thought that was an industrial site with rubbish strewn all over until I looked closer
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 30, 2009, 07:17:13 PM

don't know but the same could be said about this one?

& bigfoot nessie & few more

Archie Mitchell

down6061689194

mountainboii

Quote from: down6061689194 on December 30, 2009, 08:51:30 PM

Ah, the handiwork of Kodak, son of Nikon. The oft-forgotten thirteenth Apostle and official photgrapher of Jesus and the lads.

Norf Tyrone

Some cracking photos there.

Credit to you rossforlife. Great thread.

Is most of those pictures of the guys buidling at the top of the sky scraper real?? I always thought these were made up.Scary as fook.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

wallyman

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2009, 07:15:39 PM
famous Charles Ebbets photos from the Rockerfeller Centre in Manhattan (head for heights anyone?)

& the most famous one

them photos are making me dizzy just by looking at them

ross4life

how could we forget this photo (uncensored version of course) it shocked the world more than shook it  :D

wallyman

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2009, 09:56:48 PM
how could we forget this photo (uncensored version of course) it shocked the world more than shook it  :D

Was this intentional?

Gabriel_Hurl

Budd Dwyer - a US politician seconds before he shot himself in the head live on TV

ross4life

First Human X-ray 1896

To know something like the back of your hand is a timeless concept, one taken yet further by Wilhelm Konrad Roentgen. While working on a series of experiments with a Crookes tube, he noticed that a bit of barium platinocyanide emitted a fluorescent glow. He then laid a photographic plate behind his wife's hand (note the wedding rings), and made the first X-ray photo. Before that, physicians were unable to look inside a person's body without making an incision. Roentgen was the recipient of the first Nobel Prize for Physics in 1901.