McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyHarp

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 21, 2014, 12:07:20 PM
2005? went to a replay

Where Tyrone won the replay by 21 points if memory serves me correctly.
That was never a square ball!!

sensethetone

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 21, 2014, 12:09:39 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 21, 2014, 12:07:20 PM
2005? went to a replay

Where Tyrone won the replay by 21 points if memory serves me correctly.
beat cavan n mc keenna cup too.

mylestheslasher

So Cavan have a mental block over a team they last played competitively in 2005 (I dont include McKenna cup in competitive competition). I don't think so. It will not be too long before we beat Tyrone in my opinion.

God14

I think rrhf got the reaction he was looking for.

Aaron Boone

And another trophy for Mickey Harte. The man is a legend.

BennyHarp

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 21, 2014, 12:35:30 PM
So Cavan have a mental block over a team they last played competitively in 2005 (I dont include McKenna cup in competitive competition). I don't think so. It will not be too long before we beat Tyrone in my opinion.

Cavan don't have a mental block over Tyrone. Tyrone just have a better panel of players at the minute and have consistently been playing the top teams in Div 1. Cavan are getting there but I firmly believe that for a progressing team it is vital to get into Div 1 in the league and become accustomed to playing at the pace that level brings. Winning U21 titles is ok but it doesn't help to then go and play in Div3 and get used to life at that level. Cavan have some superb players and the full forward line on Wednesday is as good as anyone's but they need to be playing at the highest level on a consistent basis to develop into a top class team. I hope they do as I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them.
That was never a square ball!!

CD

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 21, 2014, 01:17:55 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 21, 2014, 12:35:30 PM

Cavan don't have a mental block over Tyrone. Tyrone just have a better panel of players at the minute and have consistently been playing the top teams in Div 1. Cavan are getting there but I firmly believe that for a progressing team it is vital to get into Div 1 in the league and become accustomed to playing at the pace that level brings. Winning U21 titles is ok but it doesn't help to then go and play in Div3 and get used to life at that level. Cavan have some superb players and the full forward line on Wednesday is as good as anyone's but they need to be playing at the highest level on a consistent basis to develop into a top class team. I hope they do as I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them.

All spot on Benny. Still a gulf between the two panels though and two out of the three full forwards on Wednesday are excellent players.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Throw ball on February 19, 2014, 08:56:11 PM
By the way lads the error message is common until they start streaming then it normally comes on line. For iPad etc. puffin browser seems best. Not the normal half time chat. Think commentators are Tyrone supporters!

I've been accused of a lot of things in my time but a Tyrone supporter is a new one on me.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

under the bar

omagh_gael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/26275013

Very brief highlights here squeezed between the manager's post match interviews.

on the sideline

Taken from twitter:

@cormactrust1: It is ten years ago today since Cormac lifted the Dr McKenna Cup as Captain of the Tyrone team, as seen in the pic http://t.co/LwJkjDwPCJ

@cormactrust1: Tyrone vDonegal 10 yrs ago today was Cormac's first lifting of cup as captain,and last match for Tyrone http://t.co/7BzsYxcQd9

God rest him.

Anyone remember where that game was played?
What was the final score and what was the Tyrone team that day?

Throw ball

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 21, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on February 19, 2014, 08:56:11 PM
By the way lads the error message is common until they start streaming then it normally comes on line. For iPad etc. puffin browser seems best. Not the normal half time chat. Think commentators are Tyrone supporters!

I've been accused of a lot of things in my time but a Tyrone supporter is a new one on me.

Thought you would like that reading Armagh forum!

never kickt a ball

Right let's get this competition up and running again. At the very least Kerry have absolutely no chance of winning it.

mylestheslasher

Draw was made the 12th November last year so we will have to wait a good few weeks before it livens up in here.