Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Well done to everyone.

Out of curiosity, why was it on Sunday this year rather than the bank holiday?

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on October 30, 2017, 03:31:06 PM
Well done to everyone.

Was on Sunday last year also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AQMP

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2017, 12:18:16 PM
He ran 252. Correction to earlier... Freddy sittuk won irish championship not gary o'hanlon who was second.

Seems O'Hanlon wasn't aware that Sittuk has qualified for Ireland.  Six months residency is the requirement in athletics??

SHEEDY

Well done to everyone.

was on the sunday last year as well. they moved it to the sunday to get more entries from places that haven't got a bank holiday on the monday including the north.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Far better for it to be on a Sunday, day to recover and get the pints in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

Quote from: AQMP on October 30, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
He ran 252. Correction to earlier... Freddy sittuk won irish championship not gary o'hanlon who was second.

Seems O'Hanlon wasn't aware that Sittuk has qualified for Ireland.  Six months residency is the requirement in athletics??
seen that, o'hanlon not happy and rightly so imo.
nil satis nisi optimum

ballinaman

Well done to everyone.

Suits international athletes more I think...don't think it's a bank holiday in many other European countries.

Presume everyone saw the Scientology tent giving free "massage" in the RDS. What a shower of w**kers, shame on Dublin marathon for taking their ball of money to be allowed in.

Good article in the Irish Indo about it..

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/it-was-outrageous-and-inappropriate-church-of-scientology-offering-free-massages-at-dublin-marathon-expo-36269921.html

SHEEDY

brillant event yesterday, the crowds in different places were unreal and they really help to give you a boost. some noise from those clapper thingys. finished in 3hours 12mins, happy with that on a tough enough course.
nil satis nisi optimum

AQMP

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 30, 2017, 03:37:55 PM

Just to clarify, it's 6 months residency to be eligible to compete for the National Title, I'm not sure if that necessarily means he can represent Ireland internationally

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2017, 03:11:44 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 30, 2017, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 24, 2017, 11:45:20 AM
I have a friend who is asking me to enter the marathon as a late entry as his friend can't do it now. I haven't trained specifically for the marathon but i run quite a bit and done a 10mile lately in 74mins.

I have never done a marathon but have done a couple of half marathons and my longest ever run was about 18mile.

Is it possible or would I be mad to do it?

I did it!

Was well chuffed cause I got a 3:53 - Was so nervous about what was ahead at the start but great to get finished. Great Event - don't think i'l do another :)

Brilliant time well done, my friend finished at the exact time! She'd be a runner for the Dub i think

Thanks - I started in wave 3 so if she was in that wave i'd have been racing her to the finish line! :)

lfdown2

3:53 myself in wave 3...great day, unreal support!helped that one on the lads had or names on our t-shirts so felt like I was from the town!! ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: AQMP on October 30, 2017, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on October 30, 2017, 03:37:55 PM

Just to clarify, it's 6 months residency to be eligible to compete for the National Title, I'm not sure if that necessarily means he can represent Ireland internationally

It was only changed recently. Wouldn't be particularly in favour of that at all.

Well done all you guys who ran.

magpie seanie

That 6 month thing is utter bollix.

Well done everyone, ye are savage.

No1

3:25:56. Took 6 minutes off my previous marathon time. Delighted!!

A tough course I thought. The support was unreal, couldn't hear yourself think in some parts! Superbly organised, couldn't praise it highly enough!

I am now officially retired from marathon running.  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: No1 on October 30, 2017, 07:21:47 PM
3:25:56. Took 6 minutes off my previous marathon time. Delighted!!

A tough course I thought. The support was unreal, couldn't hear yourself think in some parts! Superbly organised, couldn't praise it highly enough!

I am now officially retired from marathon running.  :)

Outstanding!! I'm sure the knees are happy to hear that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea