Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 26, 2017, 09:49:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 01:50:27 PM
There was a group that did a haphazard half marathon race in Belfast a while back, turned out to be a joke also, water stations were poor, organising it was badly done and wasn't really associated with any running club, I'm sure imtommygun could fill in the details but it sounds like it was a money making thing rather than something that would normally be expected for a city race!

Less than 3 weeks to go for me, did my long run there on Sat morning , my phone lost battery service at 28.8km but I'd ran another 3.2 km to get to 32km... pace was 5/23 and no real issues, knees sore yesterday but all good today...

should I do another long one before the 15th? The thought of doing it is sickening! To be fair I've not stuck to a plan, just to busy so I've just got out when I could

you were looking sharp last night

Second time using the gels, think they work, used a water belt which carried 2 300ml bottles managed to have a small bit left at the end but I was thinking of filling them at a station along the way

Was fecked, recovery run just, how many miles you get done? and keep it up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 11:14:34 AM
There was a group that did a haphazard half marathon race in Belfast a while back, turned out to be a joke also, water stations were poor, organising it was badly done and wasn't really associated with any running club, I'm sure imtommygun could fill in the details but it sounds like it was a money making thing rather than something that would normally be expected for a city race!

Less than 3 weeks to go for me, did my long run there on Sat morning , my phone lost battery service at 28.8km but I'd ran another 3.2 km to get to 32km... pace was 5/23 and no real issues, knees sore yesterday but all good today...

should I do another long one before the 15th? The thought of doing it is sickening! To be fair I've not stuck to a plan, just to busy so I've just got out when I could

Second time using the gels, think they work, used a water belt which carried 2 300ml bottles managed to have a small bit left at the end but I was thinking of filling them at a station along the way

First run in 2 weeks after a chest infection, was happy enough to do 5.4k. Been training doing bootcamp with running 3 nights a week , plus extra weights and running. We run up Cavehill every Saturday morning, take different routes. Great for leg strength

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 26, 2017, 11:19:08 AM

First run in 2 weeks after a chest infection, was happy enough to do 5.4k. Been training doing bootcamp with running 3 nights a week , plus extra weights and running. We run up Cavehill every Saturday morning, take different routes. Great for leg strength

Good man, and you's all seemed to look like your were enjoying it, well considering lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 11:26:29 AM

Good man, and you's all seemed to look like your were enjoying it, well considering lol

Enjoying ti would be a bit drastic lol. Signed up for a few 10k runs coming up so that gives me a target to get out, don't think I'd ever hit your standards but its all relevant. you have serious targets, I'm trying to get back in shape and lose a few kg lol

Rois

We run up Cavehill every Saturday morning, take different routes. Great for leg strength
We've just moved back to north Belfast and my husband previously loved running up Cavehill.  Could you set out some of the different routes so I can pass the info on?  He did out to Jordanstown and back along the loughshore on Sunday but I'd say that would get a bit tedious as the only hill variance is running back up Fortwilliam Park to the house.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Rois on September 26, 2017, 01:01:27 PM
We run up Cavehill every Saturday morning, take different routes. Great for leg strength
We've just moved back to north Belfast and my husband previously loved running up Cavehill.  Could you set out some of the different routes so I can pass the info on?  He did out to Jordanstown and back along the loughshore on Sunday but I'd say that would get a bit tedious as the only hill variance is running back up Fortwilliam Park to the house.

Rois he's more than welcome to join us, we go different routes from the Castle, sometimes up the steps and back that way (approx 5.7km), sometimes we go up via the caves and steep climb from there and back down the (approx 4.6km). We all train together in PureGym, it has built into a group of people of various ages and abilities prepared to get themselves fitter plus it has a social element too, lots of people are very friendly with each other now. A few of the guys live in around Fortwilliam too ,PM me if you want

ballinaman

Read about a doctor getting in shit in America over a sign in his waiting room...it read something like..

Diabetes doesn't run in your family
Back pain doesn't run in your family
Not running runs in your family

;D love it personally.

laoislad

Anyone get into London?
Got my thanks but no thanks email this morning   :'(
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lfdown2

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2017, 01:08:47 PM
Anyone get into London?

same...anyone any other recommendations for April/May next year?

laoislad

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 06, 2017, 01:38:54 PM
Anyone get into London?

The Manchester and Liverpool marathons are in April and May.
The Manchester marathon in particular gets good reviews.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2017, 01:45:02 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on October 06, 2017, 01:38:54 PM
Anyone get into London?

The Manchester and Liverpool marathons are in April and May.
The Manchester marathon in particular gets good reviews.
Massive balls up 2 years ago, 2-3 hour lines to collect bags after the race. Sorted it out last year it seems.
Limerick marathon getting more numbers each year, May bank holiday.

laoislad

I thought I read somewhere  (boards.ie I think ) saying the Manchester one was good.

You're doing some workouts yourself ballinaman. Your Strava uploads are like Physics equations  ;D

No1

Got the rejection email myself about London, kinda relieved though because this training for Dublin is beginning to wear thin, I'd forgotten how much time and effort is required for marathon training.

Good list here lfdown:

http://www.marathonrunnersdiary.com/races/europe-marathons-list.php

Hamburg and Rotterdam look good.  North Pole one is a bargain at only 15,000 euro if you enter now!!

Not sure if you've done Belfast before but I'd avoid it in May, too many relay runners (I've only ever done the relay) and don't think the full course is all that inspiring.

Milltown Row2

Amsterdam next weekend for me.

andoireabu

Has anybody ran the Derry marathon? Looking at it or Belfast next year since I missed the entry for Dublin and got the rejection for London.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!