Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 08:16:38 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on July 08, 2023, 08:04:04 PM
Until the time that refs ref games fairly and unbiased,  these things will continue to happen
Some of those on the inter county stage are a disgrace
This is not supporting violence against decent men (mostly) trying their best,  often in hostle environments

You're a dick. And until dicks like you f**k off and stop using ordinary people's oxygen we'll continue to have dicks coming on to the field of play to try and kill someone.

Typical arrogance from someone who thinks they're better than others...

Wildweasel74

Few in Derry have a grievance with him, on and off the field, but that for another time. Nothing to do with fball.

RedHand88

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 08, 2023, 08:04:04 PM
Until the time that refs ref games fairly and unbiased,  these things will continue to happen
Some of those on the inter county stage are a disgrace
This is not supporting violence against decent men (mostly) trying their best,  often in hostle environments

Have a word with yourself ffs. What referee anywhere is showing bias???

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 09:46:54 AM
I'll humour you Armagh18, tell me your thoughts as to why he attempted to murder someone at a juvenile game?

Has he been charged with attempted murder ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 09, 2023, 06:45:37 PM
I'll humour you Armagh18, tell me your thoughts as to why he attempted to murder someone at a juvenile game?

I don't know but it wasn't attempted hugging. Pull a knife and stab someone, what would your view on his actions?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 06:03:39 PM
Jail is full of people with mental health issues, but this apparently  (rumour)  down to having a grievance with the ref before the game?

Either way this can't carry on, the excusing and then questioning the ref's and rules as being some sort of reasoning needs quashed.
A mental institution is the place for them not a jail.

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 06:48:37 PM

I don't know but it wasn't attempted hugging. Pull a knife and stab someone, what would your view on his actions?

To inflict harm

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 09, 2023, 06:53:12 PM
Jail is full of people with mental health issues, but this apparently  (rumour)  down to having a grievance with the ref before the game?

Either way this can't carry on, the excusing and then questioning the ref's and rules as being some sort of reasoning needs quashed.

+1
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

jcpen

Doesn't take much to do serious harm with a knife, hit someone in the wrong place and it could be goodnight for the victim. This guy should never be let near a GAA ground or any sports ground for that matter again.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 09, 2023, 06:57:32 PM

+1

But sure which is it? Had he issues with this guy as some have said or mental health issues?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 07:06:42 PM

+1

But sure which is it? Had he issues with this guy as some have said or mental health issues?

I'm sure he had a post on the depression thread a couple of years ago outlining his mental well being or lack of it

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 07:06:42 PM

+1

You made the statement above about "jails being full of people with mental health isssues", which points up to a deeper societal problem IMHO. That being said, any individual who brings a knife out, period, whether to a game or whatever, needs to be dealt with, whether that involves a game or whatever.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 09, 2023, 06:55:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 06:48:37 PM

To inflict harm

So stabbing people can be viewed as wounding with intent or GBH

If you stab somebody intending to seriously injure them and they don't die then the offence is GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm) and in theory at least the sentence could be life imprisonment although in practice it would be 3 to 15 years.
If you stab somebody deliberately without the intent to seriously injure them then the offence is wounding with intent and the maximum sentence is five years. However it seems unlikely that the use of a serious blade would be charged as wounding with intent..

jcpen

This is one of my 3 usernames.