Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: jcpen on August 11, 2023, 05:02:11 PM
Embarrassing or not for Liverpool, surely they are better off not having him if he doesn't want to be there?
Di Maria  for example admitted a few years after he left Man United that he never wanted to play for them and he was an expensive flop there.

Absolutley !
  Enough players who can't play , never mind getting more who don't want to play  ;)

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 02:45:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2023, 01:51:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2023, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 11, 2023, 12:39:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2023, 12:09:22 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 11, 2023, 11:51:06 AM
Looks like Caicedo doesn't want to go to Liverpool.

Why, (if true) would he prefer Chelsea? strange

Money, Money Money!! Money

Has Klopp lost his pulling power? Surely Liverpool. bar the city and extra wages, is a far better choice?

He has been set on going to Chelsea since May when they agreed personal terms,just couldn't agree on a fee with Brighton

It's embarrassing from a Liverpool standpoint. You'd have thought they'd have sounded out his representatives before launching a British transfer record bid. It's really amateur. The kind of thing Utd and that w**ker Woodward would have been at.
And now the cat is out of the bag... every deal they do will carry a Liverpool tax. This will end up costing them in the long run a huge amount of money.

At this stage I hope he doesn't come to Liverpool. I didnt think he was worth the insane money being offered and if he doesn't want to be there well then...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 11, 2023, 04:33:19 PM
As others have said that does seem mad money for him. Like Chelsea are no barometer for anyone in terms of fees they are offering. Like Cucurella was sold for big money and Bissouma and neither were missed by Brighton, and neither are doing great at their new clubs.

As for Kane it is funny they are chatting about records. Spurs are in transition yet again as his peak years fade. He can go yo Bayern and actually compete. Also, from an England point of view he won't need to rushed back after every niggle with Bayern. Spurs flogged him as he HAD to play chasing a top 4.

Liverpool are fecked if any of Trent, Robertson or VVD get injured. I mean it'll derail their entire season. It's another area where they have not strengthened and somehow they seem overloaded up front.

From an Irish perspective I'm looking forward to O'Shea nailing down a spot in Burnley and hopefully some good runs for Collins and Ogbene. Wolves could be a shitshow but Doherty could get minutes too.

Yes main talk about that transfer is he won't beat Shearer's record now, the sport didn't start in 1992 and Jimmy Greaves is the highest goalscorer in the history of English top-flight with 357 goals.

bennydorano

That City away Jersey is a beauty

Haaland 2 touches so far

Milltown Row2

Pep says they are at least two weeks away from getting up to speed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

VAR making a mockery of itself already, last nights game Onana clattering yer man for a cert penalty at the death and then Fulham keeper drops the ball on Tarkowski's head for Keane to put it in the net..

Why bother?

marty34

I don't think it's VAR that is the problem.

It's the clowns who can't see what a 6 year old can see.

trailer

Humans will make human mistakes. VAR or no VAR

marty34

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2023, 05:19:34 PM
Humans will make human mistakes. VAR or no VAR

Fair enough but some of them are crazy decisions. 

Like the keeper dropping the ball in the Everton game on Saturday. Then goal gets disallowed and a free out.

I'd say 1 person in 100 would say that's a foul and not a goal.   There is no excuse for getting thst decision wrong.

Madness.

Captain Scarlet

Maybe I don't see it enough but other leagues don't seem to have as much grief over VAR.
The humans manning it in the EPL seem to love the drama.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Scarlet

KDB is out for months! I know they are a serious squad but he is one lad they will miss.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 15, 2023, 06:29:54 PM
KDB is out for months! I know they are a serious squad but he is one lad they will miss.

I see that City squad quite light now that KDB is out tbh.. Don't get me wrong they've fantastic players but short on numbers. Mind you there are in for Paqueta from West Ham and Jeremy Doku from Rennes. Doku looked good anytime I seen him play for Belgium

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnnycool on August 15, 2023, 05:08:33 PM
VAR making a mockery of itself already, last nights game Onana clattering yer man for a cert penalty at the death and then Fulham keeper drops the ball on Tarkowski's head for Keane to put it in the net..

Why bother?
It's called corruption
VAR should only.be used for offside and goal line

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 15, 2023, 08:34:41 PM

I see that City squad quite light now that KDB is out tbh.. Don't get me wrong they've fantastic players but short on numbers. Mind you there are in for Paqueta from West Ham and Jeremy Doku from Rennes. Doku looked good anytime I seen him play for Belgium

They also have lads who fly when the team are flying eg Foden and Grealish.
DeBruyne and Gundogan would dig it out a bit more.
Rodri will battle on but they do look much lighter suddenly.
Plus Mahrez after hitting the road too.

I'm living in hope of a proper challenger to step up...

johnnycool

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 16, 2023, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on August 15, 2023, 08:34:41 PM

They also have lads who fly when the team are flying eg Foden and Grealish.
DeBruyne and Gundogan would dig it out a bit more.
Rodri will battle on but they do look much lighter suddenly.
Plus Mahrez after hitting the road too.

I'm living in hope of a proper challenger to step up...

Surely Calvin Philips will get some gametime now!