The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on October 10, 2022, 09:21:26 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on October 10, 2022, 08:30:21 PM
I see ESPN are reporting that due to a technical glitch VAR couldn't pick up Sako for the Arsenal opener so couldn't check if he was on or offside. Really makes you question what the point of it is.

He looked offside, and the Sky commentators seem to think he was

That decision aside which was marginal, how Liverpool didn't get a penalty for handball is beyond me. By what has been given recently it was a stonewall one.

As for the Tiago penalty, those are tough calls and went against Liverpool in this instance yet later on in the day Luke Shaw was pulling the jersey off Onana at every corner and nothing given.

RedHand88

Quote from: johnnycool on October 11, 2022, 08:59:30 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on October 10, 2022, 09:21:26 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on October 10, 2022, 08:30:21 PM
I see ESPN are reporting that due to a technical glitch VAR couldn't pick up Sako for the Arsenal opener so couldn't check if he was on or offside. Really makes you question what the point of it is.

He looked offside, and the Sky commentators seem to think he was

That decision aside which was marginal, how Liverpool didn't get a penalty for handball is beyond me. By what has been given recently it was a stonewall one.

As for the Tiago penalty, those are tough calls and went against Liverpool in this instance yet later on in the day Luke Shaw was pulling the jersey off Onana at every corner and nothing given.

Pulling jerseys is one thing that seems to get a few reign all over the show. Never understood it.

seafoid

Quote from: Dag Dog on October 11, 2022, 08:37:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 10, 2022, 02:17:25 PM
Man City are like Dublin
Liverpool are like Kerry or Tyrone. They don't have as much money.
They can win in individual years.
Liverpool are more like Tipperary.
Misplaced arrogance and not noticing how they get surpassed. 1 league in 33 seasons is a testament to this.
Tipp had a mare in 2018. They won the All Ireland the following year.  Could also happen to Liverpool.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 10, 2022, 02:49:42 PMLiverpool recent seasons under Klopp have spent 65 million pounds on a goalkeeper, 75m on a centre back, 50m winger and this season 85 million spent on a striker.

And in the same time City have spent north of 750m (and that's only the signings over 30m)

Haaland, K Phillips, Grealish, Dias, Ake, Torres, Cancelo, Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Silva, Ederson

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 11, 2022, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 10, 2022, 02:49:42 PMLiverpool recent seasons under Klopp have spent 65 million pounds on a goalkeeper, 75m on a centre back, 50m winger and this season 85 million spent on a striker.

And in the same time City have spent north of 750m (and that's only the signings over 30m)

Haaland, K Phillips, Grealish, Dias, Ake, Torres, Cancelo, Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Silva, Ederson

Seafoid view was "Liverpool don't have as much money" .

His other views was Manchester City are like Dublin i don't agree and Liverpool will win individual years when they are set up to win at least one trophy per season.

Armamike

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 11, 2022, 02:35:06 PM

His other views was Manchester City are like Dublin i don't agree and Liverpool will win individual years when they are set up to win at least one trophy per season.

They obviously don't have any anywhere near the same money for signings and salaries. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armamike on October 11, 2022, 02:39:45 PM
They obviously don't have any anywhere near the same money for signings and salaries.

That comparison is not the debate. Liverpool not having much money is. Have spent big since Klopp took over as he rebuilt what was a rubble team left behind by Rodgers, Hodgson and money wasn't spared on players in core positions in the team which included this summer with 80 million pound striker.

As recent as last season Liverpool had team strong enough to win two trophies and challenge for the two major honours in the Premier league and Champions league two titles that would have been won by beating Tottenham at home in May and taking care of Real Madrid in Paris.

Turf

Captain Obvious does have some seriously strange posts.
I'm never sure if he is being serious or trying to wind people up.

quit yo jibbajabba

Mbappe wants to leave PSG. was due to him stayin with psg that madrid went and got Tchouameni instead who wouldve helped Pool no end from what i hear.

God i hate Mbappe

Unless he signs for Pool obvs lolol

quit yo jibbajabba

seafoid

Grealish was bought for 106m
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281
And is currently valued at 65m
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/kader/verein/281

seafoid

Quote from: Armamike on October 11, 2022, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 11, 2022, 02:35:06 PM

They bought Salah early in his career  but they couldn't buy  Haaland. They buy relatively well but it's not the same

Milltown Row2

Supporters don't care how much a player costs providing they are good, and off course bring silverware.

Any supporter that is happy for mediocrity but being in the black is a liar
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Would need a big, big performance tonight,  even if it only is Rangers
Things really need to improve,  in all areas .........

4-0, Salah hat trick

Gabriel_Hurl