hurling coaching

Started by youngfella, July 17, 2008, 11:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Hello,

Im looking to become a hurling coach, the standard of hurling coaching in england is shocking nearly as bad as Antrim. Is there an NGB award in hurling coaching in can do? I have emailed the gaa development officer and heard nothing back from them.

I posted this in the hurling section but feedback has being poor. Can anyone help me in this matter?
Pull hard and early

Zulu

What do you mean you are looking to become a hurling coach? Do you coach a team and want to find some drills or do you want to become a GAA development officer and need some info on how to pursue this?

youngfella

I would like to coach a few teams in and around the north west. I have played hurling for years so i know a few fair drill plus whats on the internet. I would like to whatever coaching awards there are to be done in hurling. I have contacted the gaa and havent heard anything back from them.
Pull hard and early

rosnarun

are you rying to circumvent the club system. they won't like that. 1st port of call should be an existing hurling club they  should know the ropes
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

billy the kid

Ros is right your best bet is to contact a local club and try to do the courses through them.

The first course is Foundation level, then levfel 1, then level 2 after this you can do tutoring courses where you can teach other people the different levels.

If your club are unable to help[ or they take their time, try to contact Tony Scullion he is in charge of all the coaching courses in Ulster and may be able to help or put you in contact with the relevant people.  Another couple involved in the hurling coaching courses in Ulster are Kevin kelly and frankie quinn. Again they may be able to advise you about who you need to talk to.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!