Well done to the Meath Camogie Team

Started by thejuice, February 04, 2008, 12:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Meath 11-17
Lought 0-2

thats a rare scoreline if i ever saw one

Meath cruised to victory over Louth in the opening game of the 2008 National Camogie League at Ashbourne on Sunday.

Despite the inclement weather over the weekend, weather conditions were ideal for this encounter as the hosts stormed to a comfortable win.

Meath held a firm 3-10 to 0-1 interval advantage with Louth's lone score coming from the stick of Ailish Mulholland, but the Wee County battled hard and were unlucky not to have further scores on the board at the break.

Jane Dolan led the Meath charge with 2-4 in the opening half, while Francis Lynch accounted for the Royal's third first-half goal.

Meath failed to let up on the restart with Dolan in flying form hitting three further goals, as Louth could only manage a further point from Mulholland.

The Royals kept going strongly until the end with Elizabeth Lynch, Francis Lynch, Suzanne Ledwith, Elizabeth Oakes and Aine Kehoe all registering further goals.

Meanwhile the game between Roscommon and Carlow was postponed due to bad weather.

Meath scorers: J Dolan 5-6; E Lynch 1-6; F Lynch 2-0; S Hackett 0-3, S Ledwith, E Oakes, A Kehoe 1-0 each; K Ward, L Flynn 0-1 each.
Louth scorer: A Mulholland 0-2.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Louth Exile

A dark day for camogie in Louth and the massive support that it has.

Notice the report in the Indo today, don't ever remember noticing camogie reports before, I blame Colm Keyes (or maybe I'm just cycnical  ;))
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com