Galway v Antrim NHL

Started by milltown row, February 13, 2007, 03:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

What can we expect from Antrim this Sunday? I doubt any of the Cushendall players will be available for selection, maybe too soon for them. Galway will be up for the match for sure, home game Loughnane's first game, and the defeat from last years game all motivating tools to hammer Antrim.

Personally I'm looking good displays from squad, fitness levels to at least match Galway's, attitude to be positive and good discipline as this is the area were we give away the daft frees that put a bad refection on the game and scoreboard.

What is the Galway panel? Not too many lads from the Loughrea side on it?

Heading down for the game.  ;D i know!!!

Guillem2

This will be exstremly difficult. The Loughnane factor will motivate Galway, they have more better players to begin with, Cushendall boys will be missing. I'm looking for signs of improved fitness, organisation and tactics. We'll see. The carry on against Laois last week doesnt augur well.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Syd The Sailor

From what i have heard the Laois preparation/match was a bit of a shambles, this is the kind of shabby preparation Sambo used to bleat about in the Irish News. Hopefully it will spur a few fellas and the management to get their finger out or the trip to Galway will be a heavy defeat. I dont think we will catch them cold the way we did last year.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

theskull1

I hope the Antrim squad are getting ready to put it up to Galway on Sunday instead of dwelling on negatives. If they can put up a fighting display for the full 70 minutes then that will be a positive. If they go down with a hiding on their minds then there will be no surer thing. If they are going to do anything come summer time they have to at least show they are up for it. There should be enough strength in the panel to put out a steady 15 for the game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd The Sailor

I just hope the players when they are away on an overnight stay realise they are there on business and not a piss up. Its hard enough to beat these teams without players not properly preparing.

misterroscommonman

antrim will get der revenge over galway cos they will be mad at loughrea tramps winnin against cushendall last sunday!!!

BottleOfStout

The defeat last Sunday will have no revelance on the Galway match. 

I hope Antrim hit the ground running. Galway are unlikely to be caught unawares this year.  I am sure thay will be out to impress Loughnane.  Hopefully Antrim can contain them and put up a fighting performance.  any word on the team yet

Syd The Sailor

Havent heard, everything has been a bit cloak & dagger with the management which is very unlike Sambo. If we get within 10 pts we will be doing well. Johnny Tosh is recovering from his groin operation other than that i havent heard much.

upfordematch

I'm afraid there will be no 'loughrea tramps' for Antrim to have a go at!
Looks like Antrim will be the christians in the colluseum, watch out for those lions boys! They have a point to prove to KK and Cork!
Galway easily by 10+ points!

GalwayBayBoy

GALWAY (SH Antrim):

A Ryan;
D Joyce, S Kavanagh, F Moore;
D Forde, J Lee, D Collins (capt.);
E Lynch, D Tierney;
R Murray, M Kerins, F Healy;
D Hayes, E Cloonan, K Broderick.

milltown row

strong up front Galway boy, whats the lads like in defence?

BottleOfStout

Antrim Team and Panel for match against Galway

1. DD Quinn (Na Seamróga Loch gCaol)
2. Barney McAuley (Na Seamróga Loch gCaol)
3. James McKeague (Cú Chulainn Dun Lathai)
4. Sean Delargy (Ruairí Og Bun Abhann Dalla)
5. Ciarán Herron (Lamh Dheárg)
6. Johnny Campbell (Na Seamróga Loch gCaol)
7. Malachy Molloy (Cú Chulainn Dun Lathai)
8. Karl McKeegan (Ruairí Og Bun Abhann Dalla)
9. Brendan Herron (Lamh Dheárg)
10. Karl Stewart (Naomh Gall)
11. Liam Watson (Na Seamróga Loch gCaol)
12. Micheál Herron (Lamh Dheárg)
13. Patrick Richmond (Cú Chulainn Dun Lathai)
14. Neal McAuley (Mhic Uillín Baile an Chaistil)
15. Paul Shields (Cú Chulainn Dun Lathai)

16. Chris O'Connell (Na Seamróga Loch gCaol)
17. Sean Burke (Naomh Gall)
18. Barry McFall (Naomh Eoin)
19. Brian McFall (Naomh Eoin)
20. Aidan Delargy (Ruairí Og Bun Abhann Dalla)
21. Martin Scullion (Na Seamróga Loch gCaol)
22. Michael Magill (Tir na nÓg)
23. Aaron Graffin (Ruairí Og Bun Abhann Dalla)
24. Colm Duffin (Tir na nÓg)

Is is probably as strong as we can get a present.  Watched  McAuley from Ballycastle play full-forward for antrim against Cushendall recently and was impressed. He looks strong. Delargy as corner back should add a bit of pace to that sector but I cannot get the selection of Johnny Campbell at centre-back.  I do not rate him at all.

Syd The Sailor

Johnny Campbell is one of these palyers that gets a chance no matter who is the manager, he has had more than enough chances and isnt good enough. Dont rate Mc Keague either at full back, i would prefer someone with a more commanding presence, i have a feeling Eugene Cloonan will have a field day on him.

theskull1

Quote from: BottleOfStout on February 16, 2007, 01:49:52 PM
Is is probably as strong as we can get a present.  Watched  McAuley from Ballycastle play full-forward for antrim against Cushendall recently and was impressed. He looks strong. Delargy as corner back should add a bit of pace to that sector but I cannot get the selection of Johnny Campbell at centre-back.  I do not rate him at all.

Johnny Campbell is just not a number 6. It's not a snipe at the man, I'm was never a number 6 either. He works better on the wing.

theskull1

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on February 16, 2007, 01:55:01 PM
Dont rate Mc Keague either at full back, i would prefer someone with a more commanding presence, i have a feeling Eugene Cloonan will have a field day on him.

James in fairness is still learning the trade, and there is no better man to learn IMO. He possesses all the right attributes (committed, strong, good touch, strong in the air, and a great fella to boot) but I feel puts too much pressure on himself going into the bigger games and this affects his performances as a result. In time I think he will develop into a great player...watch this space

And while were on the subject of full backs Syd, what about Oran Scullion ? Do you know if he is going to join the panel at some stage?