Waterford vs Limerick, Thurles

Started by Waterford Lurker, June 08, 2009, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterford Lurker

Prediction1 : Waterford to beat Limerick by two points on Sunday with Waterford's forwards just shading a low scoring contest. Eoin McGrath to be bursting out of his skin.

Prediction 2: Davy Fitz to hog the limelight to "take the pressure off the team"

Prediction 3: Poor Crowd of 26,759

Prediction 4: The winner to beat a vastly over-rated Tipp team in the Munster final (apologies to any Clare fans)

Prediction 5: The chip vans of Thurles to have their most profitable day of the year with both sets of fans reknowned for their love of battered greaseballs

Prediction 6: Limerick fans wearing Munster rugby jersies to be pilloried mercilessly (well maybe that's just my personal wish)

Up the Déise

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Waterford Lurker on June 08, 2009, 10:45:44 PM
Prediction1 : Waterford to beat Limerick by two points on Sunday with Waterford's forwards just shading a low scoring contest. Eoin McGrath to be bursting out of his skin.

Prediction 2: Davy Fitz to hog the limelight to "take the pressure off the team"

Prediction 3: Poor Crowd of 26,759

Prediction 4: The winner to beat a vastly over-rated Tipp team in the Munster final (apologies to any Clare fans)

Prediction 5: The chip vans of Thurles to have their most profitable day of the year with both sets of fans reknowned for their love of battered greaseballs

Prediction 6: Limerick fans wearing Munster rugby jersies to be pilloried mercilessly (well maybe that's just my personal wish)

More obvious ones:
7: Davy Fitz to get in a jostling match with Justin McCarthy on the side line

8: Waterford goal scorer to kiss the crest

9: Limerick players to go on the sauce if they lose...or if they win either

Bing Crosby .

I'm expecting  a great game  . Hickey is in but should expect some serious attention . Breen will have a massive challenge on his senior Championship debut .  Please God Shocks will show us some of his 07 form . We need Mark Foley with a strong pair of legs , Mark at least is consistantly solid every year which cannot be said for Ollie . Niall Moran seems to be motoring these days and hopefully he'll maintain his very impressive league form into the Championship , but he will need to shake off this goody goody image and   tare out onto the field like a man possesed . Reale , Lucy and Walsh/Condon /RMoloneyl (backline) will need theiir SportBilly boots on to take care of the Decie forward line  . Geary isn't to quick but can read  a game well and is a strong as a horse , he has another massive task on Sunday .   All around the field Limerick have to stand up and play out of their skin and once and for all keep the sliothar between the posts . If half of their normal wide count go over this Sunday IMHO and the forwards start hitting form early on in the game Limerick with their tails up should romp home . Alternatively the reverse could happen . It's really too close to call .  Limerick are fickle and regularly throw wobblers and Sunday maybe no different so Waterford deserve their favourites tag . Limerick traditionally have it over Waterford though so maybe that will stand to them and will bouy them up to drive on for victory . It really is a very hard game to call but I'll go with my heart and  say Limerick by two .

INDIANA

Really in 2 minds on this one. Two key issues:

- have Waterford recovered from last year's all-ireland mauling mentally

- Have Limerick the sufficient firepower to see off Waterford.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2009, 02:01:51 PM
Really in 2 minds on this one. Two key issues:

- have Waterford recovered from last year's all-ireland mauling mentally

- Have Limerick the sufficient firepower to see off Waterford.

I was talking to two Waterford players on the first 15 two weeks ago and neither are Davy Fitz fans.

Waterford also have a lot of niggly injuries and it looks like these guys are going to start anyway

Waterford Lurker

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on June 10, 2009, 11:04:59 AM
Limerick traditionally have it over Waterford though so maybe that will stand to them and will bouy them up to drive on for victory . It really is a very hard game to call but I'll go with my heart and  say Limerick by two .

Is this the same Limerick who've beaten Waterford once in the championship in the last 8-10 years?   ;D (the day of Clem Smith skullduggery on Mullane / the big comeback )   :-*
Up the Déise

awfulynice

I would bet on this being a dead rubber, waterford to win by 6-7 points at least....another great munster match  ::)

orangeman

Waterford should win with plenty to spare - but thrn Rcihie isn't with Limerick anymore - it's Justin. I'm expecting a ding dong battle with Limerick to emerge with a moral victory but Waterford to win the game.

AZOffaly

I think Limerick will do them. Waterford's older heads will be trying to prime for August and September, and Limerick will be gung ho with Justin dying to get one over Waterford.

I think Limericks physicality will restrict some of Waterfords better hurlers, and Limerick will win a tight one by 2-4 points.

heffo

Waterford team named:

Clinton Hennessy, Eoin Murphy, Declan Prendergast, Noel Connors, Aidan Kearney, Michael Walsh, Kevin Moran, Shane O'Sullivan, Stephen Molumphy, Jamie Nagle, Ken McGrath, Seamus Prendergast, Eoin McGrath, Eoin Kelly, John Mullane

Risky starting Nagle and Mullane and Hennessy has only played one club game (I think?) since his long layoff..

Zulu

What's risky is starting Brick at CB and Ken at CF, I can't figure that one out.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Waterford Lurker on June 10, 2009, 09:12:22 PM
Quote from: Bing Crosby . on June 10, 2009, 11:04:59 AM
Limerick traditionally have it over Waterford though so maybe that will stand to them and will bouy them up to drive on for victory . It really is a very hard game to call but I'll go with my heart and  say Limerick by two .

Is this the same Limerick who've beaten Waterford once in the championship in the last 8-10 years?   ;D (the day of Clem Smith skullduggery on Mullane / the big comeback )   :-*

I think it's honours even in the last 8-10 years but prior to that The Decie haven't beaten Limk since 82 in the Championship . That was not the  thrust of my previous post there Waterford Lurker and I don't think it's important anyway . The closer I get to Sunday the more I doubt Limk's chances but we'll wait and see .

EddieMerx

This is a really hard game to call, We don't have two great teams so it's probably going to come down to hunger. If Waterford are up for it they will win.

INDIANA

think in limerick- they'll be hard to beat and the fact that justin knows the what the waterford lads have for breakfast will help limerick as well.

Reillers

What lads, no, I hope Waterford get destroyed because of the way they treated Justin, attitude? ;) ;)