Limerick Hurling

Started by youbetterbelieveit, December 08, 2008, 03:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerdy

wat chance have limerick in the munster cship this year i have them backed 2 win it

EddieMerx

Limerick are playing Waterford in the semi and are then playing the winner from Cork, Tipp and Clare in the final. Against Waterford it could be 50/50 (both not great teams IMO) so they have a realistic chance of getting to the final. I can't see them winning against Tipp or Cork but you never know.

gerdy

i was thinking along them lines myself. just that there is not a lot of optimism among limerick suporters on this thread. i think u will beat waterford and its amazing wat a cship win can do 4 confidence. its not that long since u were in an aif. im prob clutching at straws though.

slow corner back

The two things Limerick have going for them is a very experienced team, as someone said AIF the year before last and a very good manager in Justin. Justin will know this waterford side inside out and will be looking for some payback so a munster final is a realistic target. However if they could not beat a patched up Cork in the league the chances of beating them or an improving Tipp side in 10 weeks seems slim.

Bing Crosby .

I have no doubt in my mind that Limerick will win the Munster Championship this summer . I also fancy them to contest the AI final, that is if they don't meet the Cats before then and even at that I'm sue they'll give them a right rattle when they do cross paths . 

City_Gael_Abú

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on December 18, 2008, 11:13:44 AM
Ya the recent success has had a huge impact on the GAA scene in Limerick city, and around the county. The city has a number of clubs that are really struggling, take the example of Monaleen (castletroy area out beside UL), they have a huge catchment area there with substantial development done there in the last ten years, the football side were contesting senior relegation last year, and they couldnt field a minor side, while hurling they got relegated out of senior and again couldnt get a minor team either. This is from a club that won county senior football titles in 2000-2004 and now they have fallen badly. hopefully they might be able to pick it up again for 2009. Ballybrown a noted hurling club now play intermediate hurling, Patrickswell once the best club team around are middle of the road senior.
It has to be noted there are some hardworking gaels in the city, and Claughan (a big city club recently returned to senior after 5-6 years in intermediate) St Patricks a relative new club have made great strides in both hurling and football. While Na Piarsaigh continue to do trojan work over on the Ennis road, in an area that would be considered real rugby territory.

Overall the GAA are working hard, but the continued success of Munster Rugby is always going to win the hearts and minds of Limericks youth.

St Patricks arent a relatively new club. There the oldest in limerick founded 123 years ago 1886

INDIANA

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on April 26, 2009, 03:56:25 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that Limerick will win the Munster Championship this summer . I also fancy them to contest the AI final, that is if they don't meet the Cats before then and even at that I'm sue they'll give them a right rattle when they do cross paths . 

you been drinking heavily?

mckieran

Ollie Moran gave an interview in the Irish Independent the other day where he stated that Cork were miles ahead of them at the moment in terms of preparation for the championsip. How could Cork be miles ahead of anyone this year?

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: INDIANA on May 10, 2009, 12:15:23 AM
Quote from: Bing Crosby . on April 26, 2009, 03:56:25 PM

you been drinking heavily?

Not at all .   Limerick will wallop all round them this year in Munster .  8)