FIRST BIG WEEKEND IN RACE FOR MAC CARTHY CUP

Started by Kerry Mike, May 27, 2009, 10:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on June 01, 2009, 12:16:55 PM
That was some tussle with Cadogan and Webster - there's a good picture in today's Indo - a real wrestling match it was. Cadogan is a great replacement for the Rock.

Cork will improve - Aisake will find a better touch and the inside forwards will learn to play off him.

Improve to a degree remember the standard is kilkenny. You all seem to be forgetting that. I can't imagine kilkenny losing any sleep over that game. It wasn't half as good as the analysts said it was in terms of skills. If the Sunday Game had a junior C match on TV Cyril Farrell would say it was a great game.

Conclusions:
Tipp aren't as good as we all thought and Cork will make the last 4.
The 2nd conclusion you can draw is another one sided all-ireland final.
Not one Tip defender would get on the Kilkenny team. Conversely no Cork forward would make the Kilkenny team.
Very disappointed with Tipp and Sheedy made some awful blunders tactically.
Impressed with Denis Walsh- this guy has a real future if the rabble let him  get on with it. But sure maybe they'll spit roast him as well .

slow corner back

Was I the only one who thought the blow cummins took from Pat Horgan was a right dirty one, lifted the elbow to hit him. Given some of the spouting from messer spillane and o rourke last week about dirt in the monaghan derry game its just as well they dont analyse hurling.

theskull1

I think the assertion that Tipp aren't as good as we all thought is slightly unfair

Yes Cork should have won the game, but only because tipps middle third went awol for over 25 mins in the second half. The were jittery throughout this period which I think showed their inexperience on the big days. At all other times they looked strong to me. But the reality is they done sonething similar against KK. Whenever I seen callinan celebrate putting tipp 7 up with only a couple of mins of the second half played I thought they were in trouble. Too cocky at this point. Lar corbett had a similar attitude winning a free against KK at a similar juncture before it all went tits up. If they can learn to hurl for the full hour and that dropping your guard while ahead on points is a very dangerous thing then I think that the second best team in the country position is theirs.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

I wouldn't overly agree. Teams go missing for a reason. No leaders. Can you imagine kilkenny going missing for 25 mins. Cody makes subs if they go missing for 5mins. Kilkenny will comfortably beat either of the teams yesterday. The young lads were the best players Tipp had. They aren't the problem. Its the older guys.

mckieran

QuoteCan you imagine kilkenny going missing for 25 mins. Cody makes subs if they go missing for 5mins.

But Kilkenny have quality subs to bring on.