season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: Ambrose on April 14, 2020, 01:15:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2020, 09:48:51 AM
It will be a right kick in the teeth for the most loyal supporters if there isn't some recompense in the event of no further games in 2020.
Least they could do is give a Credit for renewals if no refunds.

We’ve had great value over the last 12 years, on the odd occasion we weren’t able to make it to a game, the tickets were always used by friends and family. We’ve got free entry into other county games and club finals that we probably wouldn’t otherwise have attended. We won’t be looking for a refund.
well said .
everyone is going to have to carry some of the load for the reckoning that will be to come after Leos attempt to buy us out of the pandemic
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

So the Government should have stuck rigidly to the budget, not closed anything down and let us all take our chances?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

It will be a right kick in the teeth for the most loyal supporters if there isn't some recompense in the event of no further games in 2020.

We've had great value over the last 12 years, on the odd occasion we weren't able to make it to a game, the tickets were always used by friends and family. We've got free entry into other county games and club finals that we probably wouldn't otherwise have attended. We won't be looking for a refund.

John Costello will be glad to hear that. Dublin club's Full time GDO's need to be paid and the money has to come from some where? Or are those lads on the €350 a week these days?

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 14, 2020, 07:18:01 PM

We've had great value over the last 12 years, on the odd occasion we weren't able to make it to a game, the tickets were always used by friends and family. We've got free entry into other county games and club finals that we probably wouldn't otherwise have attended. We won't be looking for a refund.

John Costello will be glad to hear that. Dublin club's Full time GDO's need to be paid and the money has to come from some where? Or are those lads on the €350 a week these days?

I'm glad you're as concerned about Dublin GAA as the rest of us. We should set up a go fund me page to make up for the shortfall. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to contribute given your genuine concern for the people involved

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on April 15, 2020, 09:28:59 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 14, 2020, 07:18:01 PM

I'm glad you're as concerned about Dublin GAA as the rest of us. We should set up a go fund me page to make up for the shortfall. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to contribute given your genuine concern for the people involved

Our club has no such worries! That's because our club has volunteers.

dublin7

No reason then not to support the dubs then given your concern.

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2020, 04:32:12 PM
So the Government should have stuck rigidly to the budget, not closed anything down and let us all take our chances?
remind me of that in 15 years when your still paying imflated Taxes . Lets hoem we dont get anothe rOnce in a lifetime economic shock.
there are sometimes other  ways of doing thing other than Chucking money at it.
If we had our own currency we could just print more like the states are doing , But  do you think leo will do anything to up set the Germans.
not a chance

Rossfan

How many alt right cliches did you manage in that post?

balladmaker

Quote from: delgany on April 28, 2020, 10:35:25 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/gaa-altered-season-ticket-refund-terms-after-coronavirus-outbreak-996535.html

GAA dirty tricks with season ticket terms and conditions - disgraceful

Bad faith at best.  If the season is deemed null and void, the GAA should make some gesture to season ticket holders ... a guaranteed All Ireland Final ticket for 2021 irrespective of participating counties would suffice 🙂

rosnarun

Quote from: balladmaker on April 28, 2020, 11:10:48 PM
Quote from: delgany on April 28, 2020, 10:35:25 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/gaa-altered-season-ticket-refund-terms-after-coronavirus-outbreak-996535.html

GAA dirty tricks with season ticket terms and conditions - disgraceful

Bad faith at best.  If the season is deemed null and void, the GAA should make some gesture to season ticket holders ... a guaranteed All Ireland Final ticket for 2021 irrespective of participating counties would suffice 🙂
this is one heads should roll for,
If for nothing else than the Sleveen  way it was done , If the GAA was a commercial company fair enough but its a community based association where 90% of the work done is Voluntary, so the excuse of 'if you read the Small print  we were entitled to do it ' just does not hold up
I had no problem in not getting a refund as I know the GAA will need every penny but to think that Gobshites in Crokepark were plotting and Planning  against their own members makes me Sick

Rossfan

A little too cutehoory right enough.
The least they can do is allow some credit for any renewals if there's to be a bext season.

An Fhairche Abu

They have seriously fucked this one up for themselves and I agree completely with rosnarun that heads should roll because whoever made the final call on this decision is not fit to be in the job. Was the decision made on a committee basis? If so how did no one in that meeting not think this logically through and see that it was going to be (a) f**king over genuine and committed members of the association and (b) an utter PR disaster. Either way whoever had the ultimate call is someone that's the type of person who thinks they are smart but really aren't.

I could be wrong here but I would venture that the vast majority of season ticket holders wouldn't have even bothered looking for a full refund due to the unprecedented cause of not being able to hold any matches. Indeed a small gesture of €20 or €30 off next years renewal would have more than likely garnered a very positive reaction and at the end of the day season ticket holders are ultimately most likely to be people who will be throughout the rest of the year paying in to go to club matches and other inter county games that don't feature their own county, spending money on GAA jerseys for their kids and other merchandise, involving the next generation in the games etc. The type of people you should be trying to keep on board.

While the work of volunteers in their communities as part of GAA clubs throughout the country during this dangerous COVID-19 pandemic has been rightly lauded - even by some of those who have absolutely no grá for the GAA at all - how are we now in a situation where the hierarchy has completely blown and squandered that positive capital by the senseless decision to do this. I'm a Galway football season ticket holder and while every organisation deserves criticism when required, I'm actually angry more with that fact that you go through your life defending the GAA against cynics and naysayers for all the good benefits it brings to the island and because you love the sports. Now some gombeen makes this call and the GAA will be rightly pilloried by both people who have the best interests of the games at heart and those who would like nothing more than if the GAA disappeared off the face of the earth.

This is one of the most egregious examples of a short sighted, idiotic GAA decision that fuels the "Grab All Association" stereotypes. It's an indefensible move and I'm f**king disgusted with them to be honest.

Rossfan