GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Flanker on September 21, 2020, 05:35:10 PM

It should not be the responsibility of the host club/neutral stewards to ensure guidelines are adhered to.

Disagree. If a venue cannot safely accommodate the expected crowd the game should be elsewhere. I must have a profoundly different understanding of the roles and responsibilities of stewards.

the goal was on

Tyrone gaa issued over 500 tickets when capacity was supposed to be 400! And then let people pay in !

Rossfan

Some must think being a steward is just a way of getting to see a game free.
If Ulster Council are serious (which they probably are not) they should suspend the Tyrone Co Board for 12 months.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Will it ever end

Quote from: the goal was on on September 21, 2020, 07:14:12 PM
Tyrone gaa issued over 500 tickets when capacity was supposed to be 400! And then let people pay in !

Therein lies the problem - just god forbid a case was tracked back to the stadium there would be so many people unaccounted for in track & trace.

skeog

Fake news nobody paid in at gate.400 tickets divided between both clubs.Bit of exuberance at the end seen footage of fans in east belfast celebrating madly a couple of months ago didnt hear Arlene or 400000 a year Nolan discuss that.

delgany

Quote from: the goal was on on September 21, 2020, 12:26:07 PM
Tyrone once again no proper measures in place. If it was a bar they would have been shut down and fines issued. U can argue all u want about what gaa done in early stages but it's no excuse for what is happening now.

As far as I am aware, Tyrone GAA employed  a company to provide match day security, similar to guys in croke park. Security strategy was non existent though ...who will carry the can for the shambles ?

imtommygunn

Sure give them 18 or 24 months or some other arbitrary number you made up ???

Interesting reading back there someone says 500 plus were at it and then is told that is nonsense. You read some crap on the internet.

That is what you would need - a security company. A steward and a bouncer are not the same thing.

LeoMc

Quote from: delgany on September 21, 2020, 07:40:12 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on September 21, 2020, 12:26:07 PM
Tyrone once again no proper measures in place. If it was a bar they would have been shut down and fines issued. U can argue all u want about what gaa done in early stages but it's no excuse for what is happening now.

As far as I am aware, Tyrone GAA employed  a company to provide match day security, similar to guys in croke park. Security strategy was non existent though ...who will carry the can for the shambles ?
Any security would count towards the 400, just like the players and officials. Any outside security would have been outside the ground. In earlier rounds clubs were being encouraged to steward their own part of the stand.

the goal was on

So if it's fake news how did both teams get allocated 225 tickets each ! That was the biggest 400 people we have seen yet!

J70

Am I missing something?

Kilcar player confirmed positive case, their club has ceased activity, but the Donegal CB says the county final is still going ahead this week?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/donegal-sfc-final-to-go-ahead-despite-positive-covid-19-test-1.4360769

The county squad is in isolation too due to a squad member testing positive for covid. I've no idea whether the Kilcar and Naomh Chonaill lads were in county training given their clubs' progress.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2020, 12:39:37 AM
Am I missing something?

Kilcar player confirmed positive case, their club has ceased activity, but the Donegal CB says the county final is still going ahead this week?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/donegal-sfc-final-to-go-ahead-despite-positive-covid-19-test-1.4360769

The county squad is in isolation too due to a squad member testing positive for covid. I've no idea whether the Kilcar and Naomh Chonaill lads were in county training given their clubs' progress.

Most likely activity will resume when everyone has been tested, if they are negative.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2020, 12:39:37 AM
Am I missing something?

This is going to put boys off getting tested/reporting positive results.

Smokin Joe

Have we clarity on what happens when a team has a positive case?

From my view point, in Armagh, it is unclear as the rules stated:

"League
A club may seek a postponement of a fixture from the CCC if
they can satisfactorily demonstrate that in excess of 5 adult
players from the club are unavailable due to being diagnosed
positive for Covid or being considered a close contact of a
Covid case. Any such games will be refixed for a time and
date considered appropriate by the CCC."

Yet, what seemed to happen in reality is that as soon as a club had a positive case they ceased activities for a few days and the  forthcoming game was postponed.
Perhaps this is OK and is the "decent" thing to do, but there could probably be some clarity about what exactly will happen if 1 player is positive.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 22, 2020, 09:19:22 AM

"League

Yet, what seemed to happen in reality is that as soon as a club had a positive case they ceased activities for a few days and the  forthcoming game was postponed.
Perhaps this is OK and is the "decent" thing to do, but there could probably be some clarity about what exactly will happen if 1 player is positive.

Surely the close contact would apply to all players on the panel?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 22, 2020, 09:24:14 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 22, 2020, 09:19:22 AM

"League

Surely the close contact would apply to all players on the panel?

No. This is the reason that clubrooms were not allowed to be open.  If players went into clubrooms then all players would be deemed to be close contacts, but as they are outdoors players are not deemed to be close contacts.