Elite sport

Started by downjim, October 16, 2020, 09:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

I think this deserves a thread on its own.
Does anyone know what classifies as an elite sport in Ireland. The all-ireland rugby league cannot go ahead but the all-Ireland u17 championship can. I am a great lover of gaelic games but to call a spade a spade, there is something wrong here.

rosnarun

Quote from: downjim on October 16, 2020, 09:49:09 AM
I think this deserves a thread on its own.
Does anyone know what classifies as an elite sport in Ireland. The all-ireland rugby league cannot go ahead but the all-Ireland u17 championship can. I am a great lover of gaelic games but to call a spade a spade, there is something wrong here.
why  no one case about the AIL least of all the IRFU
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

RedHand88

Come on, its funny seeing the Ulster rugby types reaction.

downjim

Cork Con and Garryowen firsts cannot play this weekend but Derry u16 camogie team can , i do not know who brokered this deal for us but they deserves an award of some sort.

Angelo

Presumably the provinces are the elite level of rugby whereas county sides are the elite level of GAA.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

magpie seanie

The club rugby that has been ongoing over the last 3/4 weeks must be classified as elite or otherwise it couldn't have been played. The decision to pull it is an IRFU one, not the government restrictions.

Level 3 is clear - "No matches or other sporting events should take place, with the exceptions of profesional, elite and inter-county championship, which should all take place behind closed doors."