The world's newest club (gaapamplona)

Started by ardal, February 16, 2007, 02:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardal

We're presently starting a new club in Pamplona. The Irish population here is about 60 people, 20 of whom are under 40, 5 are under 30 and only 7 have ever played gaelic football or hurling before (yeah we've two hurlers). Why am I starting this thread? Well hopefully all publicity is good publicity. We'll also be interested in hearing from anyone coming over for the Bull Run in July, people coming to live, clubs wanting to reward their players with a wee visit or erasmus students who are coming here for 6 months or so.

contact gaapamplona@gmail.com

Help us

AZOffaly

Best of luck with it ardal. I went through the same process in 2000 in Phoenix. It's rewarding when you line the pitch, put up the flags for the first 7 a side tournament with outside guests.

When the Anthem(s) get played for the first match, it's a special moment. Diaspora indeed :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Good luck to you.

Les Patriotes des Quebec are the newest team to form in the Canadian GAA

Midman

Ardal, I'm already masterminding the Pamplona Gaels defeat :P

I hear that the Gaels were'nt the only new arrivals in Pamplona, congratulations ;)

Does this make you the new Figo???????

ardal

Thanks alot for the support, we'll need it.
Not going to bother pre-planning for the first game though as it'll probably only be against the Barcelona "no incentives needed" Gaels. (yeah wee Iñaki Angel arrived on Tuesday 13th at 11.56pm; he's playing half forward).

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ardal

No web site as yet. Our first gathering simply started a club. We've now confirmed who's willing to play, what's required (from the ECB), web sites, insurance, registration and are slowly completing it.

Any advice on web sites? No idea what to do for this. How much is it? Would like to put up lots of photos eventually and also sponsors. How do you organise a guestbook etc?

For those of you in, or visiting, Pamplona  more information is available from our club president:

c/o

Gaa Pamplona
restaurante El Arpo (pub Harp)
c/san gregorio 12
Pamplona

Thanks

PS it's not my restaurant or bar

Brano

Great stuff Ardal.
Best of luck with it and the new full forward!

::)

theodore

Ardal, congradulations on the new half forward. i could do you up a decent website if you get a few photos together. Theodore

Bruce

All the best with the new club Ardal. I imagine it's going to be tough though as I hear most of those Pamplona gaels are a bunch of big girls blouses. By the way I don't remember giving you permission to use my likeness but we'll let that slide as it's for a good cause.

Take it easy,

Bruce.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Best of luck with your venture Ardal, fair dues to you all, great to see.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...