Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnStones

Quote from: downjim on August 16, 2018, 02:19:25 PM
You need to be in race first before you pull out of it 😂😂😂

Are you James McGrath DownJim? Wondering.

rosskarr

Quote from: JohnStones on August 16, 2018, 05:25:34 PM

And he is going to answer Yes and I'm Ross Carr!Catch yourself on guessing who people are.

elk

Sure that would mean he's a Warrenpoint man not a Burren man, not possible !

east down gael

What the hell has happened the kingdom?23 points down early in second half.

Smurfy123

Clonduff and Downpatrick safely through. Ballyholland and An Riocht the first 2 teams eliminated fro this years seniors championship.

Targetman

Quote from: elk on August 16, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

Sure that would mean he's a Warrenpoint man not a Burren man, not possible !
And before that a Drumgath man and a Downpatrick man!!

downjim

Hopefully Castlewellan and Saval can provide a shock tonight. Two is asking a lot but we all can pray.

bridgegael

Quote from: downjim on August 17, 2018, 01:49:50 PM
Hopefully Castlewellan and Saval can provide a shock tonight. Two is asking a lot but we all can pray.

As long as they stay away from the post match meals they'll be ok.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Lotto

I've had enough.

So where does the highly egotistical and self professed coaching guru go now? First club dumped out of the senior championship last night with a customary defensive performance when I always thought that you actually needed to score to win games. A few weeks ago according to him Down needed to modernise and he was the man to do it but now he has come up with the old excuse that the County Board don't want him, does he want people to beg him to do it? Him pushing the county players to put it in the press that they really wanted him was a really pathetic way about doing things. I tell you what if I was on the receiving end of some of his very mouthy instructions he was roaring last night, fffing his own players left right and centre then expecting them to work for him, then I would be telling him where to go. I also thought that he knew it all but he puts on a hat to hide the fact that he is miked up to someone in the stand, it obviously didn't work too well either. So it looks like he'll be heading back to Carlow with his tail between his legs as more than likely Cavan will be going in house after himself and Aidan O'Rourke won't get that job by all accounts. You wouldn't be too happy as a Carlow man if your coach was trying to move away when a few months ago during all the Carlow rising bullshit he had committed to another year and they were going to kill dead things in Division 3 then suddenly he doesn't fancy it. What is he all about? I know one thing, I would not have paid into Newry or followed Down all over Ireland if I thought that the shit I have watched Ballyholland play over the last few years was the same style that Down would be playing with him as a coach. It's a blessing he won't be involved with us.

Targetman

So you wouldn't be a fan of Poacher then!!

Mourne Red

Quote from: Lotto on August 17, 2018, 07:59:05 PM
I've had enough.

So where does the highly egotistical and self professed coaching guru go now? First club dumped out of the senior championship last night with a customary defensive performance when I always thought that you actually needed to score to win games. A few weeks ago according to him Down needed to modernise and he was the man to do it but now he has come up with the old excuse that the County Board don't want him, does he want people to beg him to do it? Him pushing the county players to put it in the press that they really wanted him was a really pathetic way about doing things. I tell you what if I was on the receiving end of some of his very mouthy instructions he was roaring last night, fffing his own players left right and centre then expecting them to work for him, then I would be telling him where to go. I also thought that he knew it all but he puts on a hat to hide the fact that he is miked up to someone in the stand, it obviously didn't work too well either. So it looks like he'll be heading back to Carlow with his tail between his legs as more than likely Cavan will be going in house after himself and Aidan O'Rourke won't get that job by all accounts. You wouldn't be too happy as a Carlow man if your coach was trying to move away when a few months ago during all the Carlow rising bullshit he had committed to another year and they were going to kill dead things in Division 3 then suddenly he doesn't fancy it. What is he all about? I know one thing, I would not have paid into Newry or followed Down all over Ireland if I thought that the shit I have watched Ballyholland play over the last few years was the same style that Down would be playing with him as a coach. It's a blessing he won't be involved with us.

Have you said to him you've had enough? Or just come on here to be an anonymous troll??

Brick Tamlin

Lotto

As a coach I have heard he is very good and he obviously tries to get the players to do what he wants but watching him last night when fffing off the players to get them to move either back or forward, they either didn't listen to him or took an age to do what he wanted them to do. This does not seem like a team playing for their manager but the Down players seem to think he is the answer to their prayers, conveniently forgetting that he has insulted most of them during his time as Ballyholland manager with the verbals he always gives to the opposition. His constant hand clapping, swearing, abuse of his own and away players, giving out to referees, pitch intrusions, never mind his acting up and getting involved with the crowd and tell me this, would any of this change if he was involved with Down? This is not the way a so called top coach, who he professes to be, should behave. We  have all had men in our youth who lead us in a certain way either in clubs, schools or whatever but watching from the stands if I was playing for that man I would hate to be playing the football that man is saying Down needs to modernise to. And this is the man so many want to take us forward.

Lotto

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 17, 2018, 09:42:28 PM
Have you said to him you've had enough? Or just come on here to be an anonymous troll??

I have

JimmyFloydMay123

Good performance from the Bridge, I'd say most likely finalists along side kilcoo. Annett looks like some player, wouldn't be surprised if universities and clubs from over the water are fighting for him in the next few years.