Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

themac_23

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow, Feels like a real European buzz for it, think we've a real chance of getting through, if we can keep a clean sheet tomorrow I think we will score we've loads of fire power and playing with confidence. Think he will start with Burke and keep Eddie for the away game

Main Street

That was some joyous ending to the game at Kilmarnock.

Orior

Quote from: Main Street on February 17, 2019, 06:10:13 PM

Yes, great finish.

Thought the ref was brave sending the Kilmarnock player off. It wont endear him to the SPL top brass.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on February 17, 2019, 07:24:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 17, 2019, 06:10:13 PM

Yes, great finish.

Thought the ref was brave sending the Kilmarnock player off. It wont endear him to the SPL top brass.
That's Broadfoot, universally hated, former Rangers, he's even too vile for Rangers fans, he's such a blaggard his own mother has probably disowned him long ago.

Over the Bar

Not sure what Brown got a second booking for? He didn't jump into the crowd, just stood with arms outstretched in front of the stand. 

illdecide

Big win that, Kilmarnock are a decent side (never thought i'd say that). SC has them well drilled and they get men back in numbers to defend well, wasn't a bad game but there's just something about scoring an injury time winner...Priceless.

Was great to win again after Thursday night's disappointment, Valencia are a decent team but Celtic def contributed to their own downfall. They weren't long sussing out our weaknesses and exploiting it. Left back and high press on defence making them make mistakes under pressure, TBH i was calling Izaguirre a few names into myself (in the house) but afterwards the more i thought about it he must have felt the loneliest person out there having a mare like that with the fans and the eyes of the world on you. You could see the fear in him, petrified to make a pass in case it was another mistake and just ended up playing it backwards (safety first).

TBH the tie is finished (We'd all be in shock if Celtic pulled that off), I think what BR should do is start Bayo, Weah etc and a few of the other guys knocking on the door and give them a full 90 mins. Home to Motherwell next week and away to Hearts the following Wed nite is the next two games to concentrate on...

P.S. I'd love nothing more for Celtic to progress in Europe but based on our recent history that tie is well over
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

MoChara

Toljan was awful yesterday even my wife was shouting at him on the TV, I thought he had showed good composure over the other games so it is worrying to see how he can let it go for a game.

Johnny Hayes is hungry for a place on the team, at one point I think it was mcgregor lost the ball and the Killie fella was running with it you'd have thought everyone else was jogging the way hayes got back and took the ball off him.

They should of gave Bayo at least the last 10 mintues not just the injury time

ned

Killie and Hearts away are the big testers but yesterday knocked any chance of rangers catching us
on the head.
Players can be booked for leaving the field of play to celebrate especially if it "incites" fans. This rule seems to be applied more stringently with Celtic players.
Illdecide, unfortunately Bayo isn't registered for Europe.

illdecide

Quote from: ned on February 18, 2019, 12:12:00 PM
Killie and Hearts away are the big testers but yesterday knocked any chance of rangers catching us
on the head.
Players can be booked for leaving the field of play to celebrate especially if it "incites" fans. This rule seems to be applied more stringently with Celtic players.
Illdecide, unfortunately Bayo isn't registered for Europe.

Yeah, realised that afterwards...but would give the other lads a start that are struggling to make the initial 11
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 12, 2019, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 11, 2019, 04:51:18 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 03:08:56 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 11, 2019, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 12:40:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 11, 2019, 11:35:03 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2019, 12:44:17 AM
Celtic still need a main striker with game time under his belt.
I mean Edouard. 
The other new guy needs game time too as a backup... Griffiths as well.. if he is back.

Weah is a fantastic wee forward but too young and inexperienced to shoulder such a burden.
Burke v good and rapidly getting his groove back... but isn't a central striker.

It is appalling to watch the refs cartel back in action giving anything they can to this new incarnation of 'rangers'.

Main street... every time I see James Forrest play I think of you old pal !!!  ;)
That's not too shabby, to be remembered when witnessing the dynamically talented James Forrest :) He's done very well since his days of playing for 5 minutes  - out for a month.
It's ok MS
I am only messing...
You didn't see enough of him at the time to spot the pot erntial!
I also like reminding my brother of the time he complained Larsson looked rubbish when he first joined Celtic... again I disagreed at that juncture!

Always fun to remind... ;)
I do remember that about Forrest and also remember you not quite seeing the blatantly evident potential of VVD.

Btw, I thought Arsenal had bought a dud in T Henry.
I also thought arsenal were mad playing a winger up front!

VVD was not what Celtic needed at the back. I prefer a defender who can defend.
He is looking like a great defender now, as all around him can't defend!
He's good... but he woukdnt be as good an out and out defender as benkovic or even boyata or Jozo..
Delighted to have punted him and taken the money!

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
But the other lads are out and out defenders
Imo

And from what I've seen of him at Celtic and since

He's no lawrenson ...thats for sure.
He is more Marc Reiper.
He's one of the best defenders in the world. Being able to play the ball out when he wins it doesn't mean he's too fancy to defend. His positioning is normally excellent. One of the key factors of being a good defender. I can't think of many that I would take instead of him.
Well it's great you have an opinion.

I'm sure many will share you opinion.

I'm afraid I don't.
Though to be fair I haven't seen him much since he left Celtic, so he may have improved a lot since then.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on February 12, 2019, 09:29:17 AM
I mean Edouard. 
The other new guy needs game time too as a backup... Griffiths as well.. if he is back.

Weah is a fantastic wee forward but too young and inexperienced to shoulder such a burden.
Burke v good and rapidly getting his groove back... but isn't a central striker.

It is appalling to watch the refs cartel back in action giving anything they can to this new incarnation of 'rangers'.

Main street... every time I see James Forrest play I think of you old pal !!!  ;)
That's not too shabby, to be remembered when witnessing the dynamically talented James Forrest :) He's done very well since his days of playing for 5 minutes  - out for a month.
It's ok MS
I am only messing...
I also like reminding my brother of the time he complained Larsson looked rubbish when he first joined Celtic... again I disagreed at that juncture!

I do remember that about Forrest and also remember you not quite seeing the blatantly evident potential of VVD.

He's good... but he woukdnt be as good an out and out defender as benkovic or even boyata or Jozo..

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
Imo

He is more Marc Reiper.

There he is . . .

Welcome back lynchbhoy!!
Hi Screenexile... Hope you are keeping well.
I fondly still think of you as the disco king!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on February 12, 2019, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 12, 2019, 09:29:17 AM
I mean Edouard. 

It's ok MS
I am only messing...

Ahhhh here.......
Here yourself...
He's a footballer...
Imo

He is more Marc Reiper.

There he is . . .

Welcome back lynchbhoy!!
I would be more cautious about throwing out the welcome mat for lynchbhoy. In true Derry fashion, he's only in the door 5 minutes and he's already lobbing grenades.
I haven't gone away you know !!  ;)

I'm not lobbing grenades. I never buy into the herd mentality.

lynchbhoy

Izzy def way below the mark. 3rd choice now behind Tierney and Hayes. Tierney 2 weeks back training and in line to play next weekend.

Any Steve clarke side will be well drilled and he is way too good for a small club.

Was not delighted with toljan but the plastic pitch takes getting used to.

Would prefer to not go through in Europe and just concentrate on domestic games for next two and a bit seasons.

If the board want CL revenue, they need to fund top level players for the squad. It can't be done on a shoestring any more save for the odd one season wonder

Main Street

You'd wonder what a £6m transfer fee paid out for each of Sutton, Hartson and Lennon in 2000 would be worth now?  I'd say about £30m each. Those were the days when Celtic could come up with that dizzy amount of transfer money and still survive financially.
Nowadays even a measly £6m transfer fee would require the equivalent of an act of parliament to allow it to happen, never mind a £30m transfer fee.

PAULD123

There is no real motivation for the board to spend. Europe after Christmas is financial success. CL group stage every 2 years keeps the coffers ticking over. They see it as a business, fans see it as a passion.

The fact is Stevie G has caused the malaise at board level. His victory in the old firm match provokef the signings of Burke, Bayo and Weah. But even that was pretty short term because the fact is that the Huns really aren't any more of a challenge this season.

Stevie has brought in 19 new players, spent £7m on transfer fees, over £1m on loans for two guys in their thirties. But his team is only 3 points better off than after the same number of games last season. All that investment has improved them by just 3 points.

No wonder the business orientated board see no reason to invest.