Stand Up Comedy Workshop

Started by Shamrock Shore, October 20, 2013, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Now is your chance boys and girls to do something different:

I (Maxine Jones) run a fortnightly comedy night upstairs at the Wicked Wolf Blackrock Co. Dublin and will be using the space to run a weekend workshop on Saturday December 7 and Sunday December 8 from 3pm to 5pm. This will be followed by a 'graduate showcase' on Monday December 9 from 8.30pm to 10.30pm before an audience, where everyone performs a five-minute set.

If this is something you would like to add to your CV and if you think it would be fun please e-mail me at maxinejones.com@gmail.com to book a space. Numbers will be limited so everyone can participate fully.

To read more about what I do go to www.maxinejone8.wix.com/maxine-jones-comedy andwww.southdublincomedy.wix.com/south-dublin-comedy

COST: €20 payable at first workshop. This will include two free guest tickets for the show on December 9. Any extra tickets will cost €5.

I would see afew lads on here fancy their chances - could be the toughest 5 minutes of your life tho!

ONeill

Very hard. You need a thick enough skin and not allow the opening couple of minutes of a routine to ruin you if it gathers no laughs. That joke on 4:40 mins could make you.

I should know. I was a successful stand-up in Grete De La Suir in the 1990s until an ill-judged joke about the Chinese.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

StGallsGAA

Just the break Tony Fearon has been waiting for!!

Orior

Aye, and I wish that I hadn't told that Paki joke in Bradford. The one about the Paki who arrives up at the Pearly gates of Heaven. He is met by St Peter.

St Peter "What do you want?"

Paki "I'm here for Jesus"

St Peter "Jesus! There's a taxi here for ya!"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Norf Tyrone

Not sure where to post this but will do so here.

Heading to the Vodaphone Comedy Festival in Dublin in 2 weeks time. To be honest I knew nothing about it. I'd a weekend away booked and then checked this week to see what was on, and noticed it.

Probably a silly question but has anyone been before. Inside the festival area, I take it food and drink are sky high(er) compared to outside the area.

I was going to head early as I am told that there are wee free side shows, and things going on, but if the cost is high, I'll give it a miss.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

Vodafone Comedy Workshop? Are tickets fixed price or do you pay for the number of minutes you attend? Hopefully you'll get a good reception!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
Aye, and I wish that I hadn't told that Paki joke in Bradford. The one about the Paki who arrives up at the Pearly gates of Heaven. He is met by St Peter.

St Peter "What do you want?"

Paki "I'm here for Jesus"

St Peter "Jesus! There's a taxi here for ya!"
'Paki'? Are you from east Belfast?

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014