Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Have to say I was very impressed with Portlaoise's resolve on Sunday . Supremely driven team . Portarlington's day will come , hope they can make the next step . Adam Ryan deserves a shot with the  county .
Killeshin to shade tonight , Eoin Lowry looks be absolutely flying it .

Silkyskillssunshinee

Wouldn't be 100% sure that Portlaoise have won the county title already. If Killeshin's young lads can perform tonight, then that might give them the confidence to go and really put it up to Portlaoise. Ballyfin won't be simple though.

Killeshin by 4.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: les Antiques on October 02, 2019, 10:50:41 AM
Have to say I was very impressed with Portlaoise's resolve on Sunday . Supremely driven team . Portarlington's day will come , hope they can make the next step . Adam Ryan deserves a shot with the  county .
Killeshin to shade tonight , Eoin Lowry looks be absolutely flying it .
Evan Lowry was black carded after 5 minutes the last day , he should be a big help tonight .

Neutralobserver

evan will be a big help ok and will be fresh as he was well rested last week but if ballyfin tie up eoin lowry(hard job i know) then there could be another surprise on here

les Antiques

Eoin Lowry is a lovely footballer ,has to be regular for Laois next year . Ballyfin gave it all but Killeshin had that too much class .
Classic and novel county final in store .

Neutralobserver

Quote from: les Antiques on October 02, 2019, 09:43:47 PM
Eoin Lowry is a lovely footballer ,has to be regular for Laois next year . Ballyfin gave it all but Killeshin had that too much class .
Classic and novel county final in store .
Yes eoin best footballer on pitch. Attride top drawer also. Aston worth a look. Forgot about Sean Moore for laois. Finn and Darragh Connolly also worth a look.

Unlaoised

Forgot about Sean Moore ?

Please speak ...

Class operater didn't get much ball still scored a goal and had two men on him at all times .

Killeshin were fresher which is understandable given Ballyfin commitments to both.

Both clubs should take pride in the game provided for the neutrals the crowd there for a stand alone replay game was incredible.

Eoin Lowry is a joy to watch and so unselfish.

A Couple of calls went against Ballyfin as regards 2nd yellows that Killeshin players didnt get (maurice bottled one where he looked at the munber and put the book away)but Ballyfin got away with alot of over carrying in my opinion all in all Killeshin were better and learned much more from the draw game.

Steven Attride is outstanding and such a joy to watch if only Laois had more like him .

Number 3 for Ballyfin has the makings of a county back for Laois.

Darragh Connolly has to be up there for player of the year kept quiet for spells tonight but he lit up the championship in the games I've seen.

I think Killeshin if they can keep their focus after the build up  could run Portlaoise to some sort of a game.

I'm looking forward to it already.

Them boys that came back from the states must be glad now.

Well done to Ballyfin they really provided  some great entertainment to this year and should build from.this .

Killeshin have been making roads for a while and  finally have got there and deserve nothing but credit .

The cute Kerry school teacher might get them over the line yet ? who knows

LAOIS ABÚ

Neutralobserver

sean is a fantastic talent  but unfortunately he is physically not strong enough for top level football when alot of emphasis is now on strength and conditioning, hence i think he is not the man for laois

i know he scored 1-4, the goal was fortunate from a miss kick, fair play to sean he reacted well and all 4 points were from frees.

Laois Rising

Why wouldn't you bring Sean back into the set up over the Winter period. He is still young and 6 months of proper strength and conditioning with an inter-county set up could really stand to him. Players with his natural ability are few and far between. 

Don Draper

Intercounty Football is fucked if a player like Moore can't play it.

The PRO

Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 03, 2019, 08:35:23 AM
unfortunately he is physically not strong enough for top level football when alot of emphasis is now on strength and conditioning, hence i think he is not the man for laois
For the love of Jaysus, bring him into the panel and what's more, don't get rid of him after three or four games in the muck and shite.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 03, 2019, 08:35:23 AM
sean is a fantastic talent  but unfortunately he is physically not strong enough for top level football when alot of emphasis is now on strength and conditioning, hence i think he is not the man for laois

i know he scored 1-4, the goal was fortunate from a miss kick, fair play to sean he reacted well and all 4 points were from frees.

This is nonsense, S&C training is the easy side of things. Getting skills is not, if you have a skilfull player and physically strong player you can try and train a player to bulk up over a 5 month period. If you want to get a strong player to get the skills needed to compete it could take years.

If we look around and see players like Jamie Clarke, Rian O'Neill, Cillian O Connor, Mark Collins to name a few who are not exactly body builders and yet all can perform at the highest level.

town1980

His nice club footballer but is not an inter county footballer so stop this silly debate

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: town1980 on October 07, 2019, 10:15:05 PM
His nice club footballer but is not an inter county footballer so stop this silly debate

I can remember he destroyed Louth there in the U-21 a few years ago. I believe he has the ability to be an inter-county footballer and would be hopeful that some solid S&C work with Laois in pre-season will bring him on.

town1980

It's not as if the lad hasn't been given a chance he is a lovely club footballer but I don't think he is an intercounty player he just doesn't have the physical aspect to his game like hatch Finlay last year good club men way off intercounty