All-Ireland Football Qualifiers 2016

Started by Tony, June 07, 2016, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

My understanding is its as if the first game was never played. Refixture in Portlaoise and JOL suspended. Very disappointing. It will much easier for Armagh to get themselves up for a refixture.

Giovanni

If that's the case, I might apply to the small claims court for a refund of my ticket for the first game.

The GAA, when they take people's money, have a duty to ensure that the event is managed properly. They have a financial incentive to order a replay, despite the fact that it is clearly not a fair decision. If everyone looked for their money back from the first one, there might be a different way of looking at it. I saw a poor bastard from Armagh with 4 kids who was told that he had to hand over 20 euro for the kids ..... to get into a half empty stadium. The whole thing is just a farce.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Giovanni on June 21, 2016, 04:12:58 PM
If that's the case, I might apply to the small claims court for a refund of my ticket for the first game.

The GAA, when they take people's money, have a duty to ensure that the event is managed properly. They have a financial incentive to order a replay, despite the fact that it is clearly not a fair decision. If everyone looked for their money back from the first one, there might be a different way of looking at it. I saw a poor b**tard from Armagh with 4 kids who was told that he had to hand over 20 euro for the kids ..... to get into a half empty stadium. The whole thing is just a farce.
u16s got in free to the Ulster championship games, i cant understand why this wouldn't be the case for qualifiers as well.  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ciaraa

Quote from: Giovanni on June 21, 2016, 04:12:58 PM

The GAA, when they take people's money, have a duty to ensure that the event is managed properly. They have a financial incentive to order a replay, despite the fact that it is clearly not a fair decision. If everyone looked for their money back from the first one, there might be a different way of looking at it. I saw a poor b**tard from Armagh with 4 kids who was told that he had to hand over 20 euro for the kids ..... to get into a half empty stadium. The whole thing is just a farce.

Was thinking the same thing re. Meath - Antrim replay.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on June 21, 2016, 01:50:08 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 21, 2016, 01:39:14 PM
All part of the same rule;

2.4 (i) The maximum number of substitutions
permitted during the playing of Normal Time
shall be Six in Football and Five in Hurling.
(ii) A maximum of three Substitutions shall be
allowed during the playing of Extra Time.
(iii) Temporary Substitutions are also permitted
during the playing of both Normal Time and
Extra Time, as provided for in Rule 1.5(b) Rules
of Control - Injuries: Blood.
(iv) A Substitution is not allowed in the case of a
player ordered off.
Exceptions:
(a) As permitted by Rule 2.6(d), Rules of Specification.
        (b)   Subject to limitations specified in (i) above,
and to a maximum of three players on a
team, a substitution is allowed in the case
of a player ordered off in Football for a
Cynical Behaviour (i.e. Black Card) Infraction

provided that the player has not committed
a Cautionable (i.e. Yellow Card) Infraction
previously in the Game and in which
circumstances he may not be substituted.

I think that's challengeable. I really do. Does it cover our situation? I don't think it does.

High Fielder, I really don't see what's challengeable about it?
For a change the GAA rule book is quite clear.

1) Max number of subs is 6.

2) You can replace somebody sent off on a Black Card
Unless
2.1) That person has also received a yellow
2.2) You have already replaced 3 black carded players
2.3) You have already used 6 substitutes.

I actually don't think it could be clearer.

The situation re John O' Loughlin is definitely more of a grey area.
Also I cannot see how it will be played in Armagh. Portlaoise possibly, unlikely in my opinion, but possibly.

I would be inclined to think a refixture, in Parnell Park/Navan with JOL able to play.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Unlaoised

It might just get tha gander of the Laois Support up ....

My understanding is the Game is Null and Void so it will be played in Portlaoise again JOL won't be eligible .

Maybe just maybe this will draw a crowd from Laois ...It will have to be fixed soon and hopefully it will be free for all patrons or a cheap price with money going to charity!
LAOIS ABÚ

High Fielder

Keyser, I'm seeing it now. Thanks for the clarity. Does added on time qualify as normal time?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on June 21, 2016, 05:26:59 PM
Keyser, I'm seeing it now. Thanks for the clarity. Does added on time qualify as normal time?

Ye normal time is everything until the final whistle
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

I imagined as much. The reason I mention it is to highlight the severity of the sanction. The game was done and dusted and things can be forgotten in the heat of the battle. Seems the GAA have it in for us this year. A fine seems more appropriate

south Laois

It's a re - fixture in O Moore park on Saturday week at 3 o clock. The qualifiers are goin to be some mess now.

drici

blueandwhite1

Clearly the county board have employed all the great legal minds at their disposal and fought this decision viciously like any self respecting county would. They must be exhausted.....

welcomehome

prob had no say in it..oloughlin deemed to have served his one match ban and is eligible tp play...

south Laois

I can't see how John O Loughlin is eligible to play if it's a re-fixture and not a replay. The management and county board better check, re-check and check again. We don't want another fiasco!!!

Joeythelips

Great new tactic, if your getting hammered in a game just  throw on about 10 subs, and get another go.