Ulster Club SFC 2023

Started by general_lee, September 26, 2023, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: gallsman on November 11, 2023, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 11, 2023, 08:51:59 PMI feel sorry for Jamie Clarke, was their only player all night, a stupid frustration red at the end.  Im sure Aaron Kernan has played his last game, Jamie might join him.

Meh. Frustration doesn't excuse a cowardly box like that.

I doubt he cares but Clarke's career has had "what might have been" written all over it pretty much since he first came on the scene.
Ability to be as good as anyone that ever came out of Armagh. But just never transpired for various reasons.

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 12, 2023, 11:54:06 AMLittle to say about the game. Too hard to rationalise so I won't. This hurts.

Well done to Trillick, best team over the hour.  Got the match ups right and McGennitys old style methods seem to be paying dividends. They will make it difficult for whoever is in the semi (likely Kilcoo) and they won't be too far off but still think they will come up slightly short.

On a PS well done to our junior Camogs who won the Ulster championship yesterday. Many clubs would kill for what we win year on year as a club. We just have to get the head down for now and see what next year brings.
Strong Cross team is good for Armagh football. I'll always wish them and any other county title winners the best in Ulster and beyond. On paper Cross have as good or better players than any team in Ulster, certainly far better than Trillick but for whatever reason its just not happening.

barelegs

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 12, 2023, 01:44:17 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 12, 2023, 11:54:06 AMLittle to say about the game. Too hard to rationalise so I won't. This hurts.

Well done to Trillick, best team over the hour.  Got the match ups right and McGennitys old style methods seem to be paying dividends. They will make it difficult for whoever is in the semi (likely Kilcoo) and they won't be too far off but still think they will come up slightly short.

On a PS well done to our junior Camogs who won the Ulster championship yesterday. Many clubs would kill for what we win year on year as a club. We just have to get the head down for now and see what next year brings.
Strong Cross team is good for Armagh football. I'll always wish them and any other county title winners the best in Ulster and beyond. On paper Cross have as good or better players than any team in Ulster, certainly far better than Trillick but for whatever reason its just not happening.

I think you're seriously under-estimating Trillick's players there. At a quick glance around 9-10 will have played on successful county teams for Tyrone at either minor, U20 or senior. Certainly won't have any fear of anyone left in Ulster

seafoid

Cross in the pack and other teams winning the championship is better for Armagh. Look at Kerry.

onefaircounty

rs  On paper Cross have as good or better players than any team in Ulster, certainly far better than Trillick but for whatever reason its just not happening.

That's simply a nonsense statement. 

Wildweasel74

Cross not a Inch on Kilcoo and they no real stand out county Men.

general_lee

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 12, 2023, 03:02:13 PM

rs  On paper Cross have as good or better players than any team in Ulster, certainly far better than Trillick but for whatever reason its just not happening.

That's simply a nonsense statement. 
Like I said last night
Quote from: general_lee
Half the county still love to brown-nose Cross

onefaircounty

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 12, 2023, 03:05:31 PMCross not a Inch on Kilcoo and they no real stand out county Men.

Rian O'Neill is one of Ulster's best forwards! Oisin will be a great addition to Armagh too if he gets a bit of luck with injuries.

general_lee

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 12, 2023, 03:08:11 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 12, 2023, 03:05:31 PMCross not a Inch on Kilcoo and they no real stand out county Men.

Rian O'Neill is one of Ulster's best forwards! Oisin will be a great addition to Armagh too if he gets a bit of luck with injuries.
Think he's on about Kilcoo.
It's actually one of the things about Cross, they're more a collection of individuals.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on November 12, 2023, 02:41:00 PM

Cross in the pack and other teams winning the championship is better for Armagh. Look at Kerry.
We'd our best period when Cross were winning everything. Honestly think Clann Eireann or even Cullyhanna would have given Trillick a better game.

Trillick won't fear anyone and best if luck to them. Think Kilcoo would be too cute for them though

Armagh18

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 12, 2023, 03:08:11 PM

2 class players and the younger brother will be serious in a year or 2 as well. Weren't much use last night but.

straightred

That could easily have bene a red card

clarshack

Surely that should have been red for the Kilcoo full back?

straightred

Quote from: clarshack on November 12, 2023, 03:25:37 PMSurely that should have been red for the Kilcoo full back?
i thought so - very dangerous

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 12, 2023, 03:14:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 12, 2023, 02:41:00 PM

We'd our best period when Cross were winning everything. Honestly think Clann Eireann or even Cullyhanna would have given Trillick a better game.

Trillick won't fear anyone and best if luck to them. Think Kilcoo would be too cute for them though
Cross won 21 championships in 21 years and Armagh won 1 senior all Ireland which was an underachievement . The correlation is very weak.