Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 20, 2007, 12:09:12 PM
But you are right about Stephen in that he can struggle at wing forward but put him in the middle, get him on the ball and he is deadly.

Unfortunately at county level you have to get yourself on the ball and more pertenantly to stephen, keep a hold of it when you get it. also, i'm not sure how many other players would get the patience and chances to produce this alleged potential. this is his fourth championship season with armagh.

Sorry to say that i also hear francie's season is over due to the dreaded cruciate curse.

Donagh

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 20, 2007, 10:13:17 PM
Bad news babies - I'm hearing from a very reliable source (of mine) some very bad news about Francis, i.e. cruciate ligament damage, ruling him out for the year!  This as a result of last week's match against Clans.  :'(

Anybody else hear anything? Huge blow if true!!  :'(

Maybe wishing thinking on my part, but I doubt that's true, if only for the fact that he played on for five minutes after he was injured - which I doubt even a man like Francis would be able to do with a fooked cruciate.

Uladh

Depends on the type of damage donagh. when they knee doesn't lock you might actually feel nothing until you make paticular movements so long as its not completely torn.
It's true all right.

stew

Ah ballix!!! :'(

If that is the case we have seen the last of francie in an armagh jersey. 
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: stew on April 21, 2007, 02:16:55 PM
Ah ballix!!! :'(

If that is the case we have seen the last of francie in an armagh jersey. 

Have to say that that thought crossed my mind too, Stew!

With McFadden playing well for Donegal in full forward, this is a serious blow. Enda to go full back with Andy Mallon and Finnian Moriarty in the corners, or what about trying young Toner from Granemore at number three?

Uladh

Has to be toner for me. moriarty doesn't look up to it to me but you never know. i'm disappointed we haven't had a look at toner at full back in the league given the ongoing shoulder injury bellew was carrying and that fb has taken a fair few runarounds in the last few years

TacadoirArdMhacha

Its ironic that a couple of weeks after retiring Armagh might need Tony McEntee more than they have in years.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 21, 2007, 02:59:19 PM
Its ironic that a couple of weeks after retiring Armagh might need Tony McEntee more than they have in years.

It is ironic, I was thinking that myself but I  hope he stays retired, we need to blood new players and give them opportunities and not regress and take retired players back, Marsden being the exception of course. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

corn02

McEntee is not a genuine full back anyway. A man that will do a great job for you but I still rather see Enda or Toner there if McEntee was still on panel. Other possibilities? O Rourke would have been an option if he was still around. Suppose McKeever may be considered but he will probably give too many frees away around goal.

David McKeown

Saint Micheals beat Annaghmore today 2-16 to 1-10. I will get a full write up done later this evening.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

The 'Bridge beat tones by a point, valuable result away from home.

Any other results?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

say nothin

harps drew with clans. 0-12 apiece. would  have took a draw at h-time, down by 5 points, but Harps had the better chances towards the end to win. Only for Collie Holmes plucking one from the sky just as it was on its way over the bar in the last minute we could have lost all the points..

happy to get a point registered :)

TacadoirArdMhacha

The St Pat's Granemore match was called off.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 21, 2007, 11:20:15 PM
The St Pat's Granemore match was called off.
Did yous play Newtown during the week after it was called off last weekend?
Are yous planning on playing any games this year?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Well we didn't plan on Granemore calling off the match because somebody died but we all have to put up with these things in life. I would assume that we plan to play all our matches and win as many as possible with the hope that we'll do win well enough to gain promotion and win the intermediate championship. But then even the best laid plans can go astray at times. Perhaps the powers that be at the club have a cunning scheme to outwit all our competitors into resigning from the league out of frustation at their inability to get Cullyhanna to play a match. I'm not on the committee anymore so I wouldn't know. I'm guessing they'll go with the first option for a while though.