Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umgolaarmagh

League position would be one major factor!!!

Maybe Boyle cught wind that the harps lads went on a 2 day bender after replay and probably thinking if tghey beat clanns they will be on it for a week thus pushing there odds out  :P

illdecide

Umgola you know what the funny thing about last week was...we drove thru (the team bus) the Umgola estate after the match and all the Og's supporters were out in the street clapping us and cheering us on whilst driving past...funny as hell espicially when we beat them in the county final :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

You will have to give your bus driver better directions next time, going up that way wouldnt be the normal route heading to Lurgan,

theres a few harps ones on the row as well maybe they thought it was the harps driving past

full back

Boyles go 1/6 Og's & 9/2 C. Eireann

winsamsoon

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on September 16, 2009, 12:10:15 PM
You will have to give your bus driver better directions next time, going up that way wouldnt be the normal route heading to Lurgan,

theres a few harps ones on the row as well maybe they thought it was the harps driving past

the team bus was directed out that way after the game lad because there was some blockage at the top of the normal way out. We were changing in Callan bridge and warming up there aswell.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

umgolaarmagh

what state is callan park in at the moment

rolloutking

Quotewhat state is callan park in at the moment

Good shape because there isn't heavy training on it every night of the week. Grass is a bit long though

illdecide

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on September 16, 2009, 02:38:19 PM
what state is callan park in at the moment

the pitch is better than the Athletic Grounds although the changing rooms leave a lot to be desired, come to think about it the changing rooms in the athletic grounds are not much better

rolloutking

Quotethe pitch is better than the Athletic Grounds although the changing rooms leave a lot to be desired, come to think about it the changing rooms in the athletic grounds are not much better

What do you expect? Plunge pools and a jacuzzi?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on September 16, 2009, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 16, 2009, 10:31:26 AM
Because they may think that if they won the Clans would have a better chance of beating the Ogs than the Harps would etc

I've £200 on the clans to beat Harps this Fri nite and thats just because i've been dropped :D :D :D

I thought I seen you warming up the other night alright

full back

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 16, 2009, 03:27:34 PM
Because they may think that if they won the Clans would have a better chance of beating the Ogs than the Harps would etc

I've £200 on the clans to beat Harps this Fri nite and thats just because i've been dropped :D :D :D

He wasnt warming up, if he doesnt move every so often his legs seize up  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: full back on September 16, 2009, 03:29:38 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 16, 2009, 03:27:34 PM

He wasnt warming up, if he doesnt move every so often his legs sieze up  ;)

Now there's a man who knows the score... :D :D :D Dead right saan. If i do the warm up and then stop my ankles just seize up completely and it's nearly impossible to get started again but that's the old age lads so it's better to keep on the move...I think i could be unleashed on Friday night to do a bit of damage :D :D :D R we still talking about football here :D :D :D

charlie stubbs

anyone know wher newtown madden game at tonight?

charlie stubbs

Armagh Division 2 Sunday 13 September 2009
Wolfe Tones 0-13 Maghery 1-10
Wolfe Tones produced a much improved performance on Sunday afternoon against title chasing Maghery and gained a vital point in the teams battle to avoid the drop to the third tier of Armagh football.  The Tones playing towards the clubhouse in the 1st half began with a John Toal wide in the 2nd minute.  John was quick to redeem himself, when after Michael Carson, who was arguably the best player on display, was fouled in the 4th minute and John converted the free from the right hand side. 
With their 1st meaningful attack, the Loughshore side found the back of Kieran Murray's net when their no.13 finished powerfully past Kieran Murray after 7 minutes.  The same player appeared to be on a roll and a minute later was able to escape the attentions of Chris Megoran to score from 21 yards. 
The next five minutes saw the Tones shoot 3 wides through Michael Carson, John Toal after winning his own free and Declan Lavery.  After 16 minutes Finnian Moriarty showed how it should be done after being found by a Ryan McQuillan pass was able to split the posts from 25 yards. 
After a Maghery wide, the away side where able to extend their lead after 18 minutes when their full forward was fouled and their no.10 had the simple task of converting the free from 21 yards. 
In the 22nd minute Brendan Coleman, who won countless breakball during the hour, was left unattended 30 yards from goal and reduced the lead to two points.  Chris Megoran then did well to pressure his man, and force him to kick wide before county player Stefan Forker converted a free for Maghery on 25 minutes. 
Shaun Smith then had the last say of the first half when he converted a free from 30 yards in stoppage time at the end of the half.  Despite playing well, the home side trailed to the goalscored in the 7th minute. 
Half time Wolfe Tones 0-04 Maghery 1-04
The 2nd half began with the two sides exchanging wides, Ryan McQuillan doing well to pressurise his man, then Shaun Smith was unlucky with an effort following a fine break from defence by Chris McCarron.
Five minutes into the 2nd half Maghery got the opening score of the second period after a well worked short free and their full forward punished the Tones from 14 yards.  The Tones response to this was immediate.  Niall Lennon, on his return, was a surging run forward and was pulled to the ground.  Shaun Smith from the left hand side converted the free from 35 yards. 
After 40 minutes the Maghery midfielder made a fine break through the Tones rearguard and extended their lead again to 4 points again.  Again the Tones showed good character to immediately respond to the Maghery score.  Johnny McCarron and Michael Carson combined to find Declan Lavery, who though of goal for split second before tapping over his first point of the day. 

At the mid point of the 2nd half after a fine Maghery move Stefan Forker raised a white flag from 25 yards. 
With 13 minutes remaining David Heaney done well to win possession and feed the on rushing Declan Lavery and Declan kicked a fine score with his left foot.  A minute later, after a Finnian Moriarty "45 " fell short Shaun Smith gathered possession who found Michael Crealey who calmly slotted the ball over the bar with his first touch of the ball. 
Kieran Murray then kept the Tones in the game when he made a fine reflex save which resulted in a Maghery "45" which came to nothing.  Niall Geoghegan then enjoyed a productive few minutes, firstly after making a surging run from corner back he kicked a fine score after a solo from 30 yards.  Two minutes later after Brendan Coleman was fouled , Niall took a quick free kick which resulted in Declan Lavery's 3rd point in the 2nd half to draw the sides level. 
With 7 minutes remained Maghery edged themselves infront again then their no.8 landed a point from 30 yards.  From the resulting kickout, Michael Carson won possession and found Shaun Smith 30 yards from goal and the sides where level again. 
In the 55 minute the Maghery no.13 converted a 14 yard free and two minutes later they appeared to get the insurance score whenever their no.5 came forward to score a great free from around 40 yards. 
The never say die attitude that the Tones players showed throughout the game came to fruition in the dying minutes of this game.   After a Maghery player had lifted the ball off the ground, with 2 minutes remaining Declan Lavery tapped over a 14 yard free.  Then in the last minute, after Michael Crealey had flicked the ball on, Niall Geoghegan drove through the Maghery defence and found David Heaney who fired over the equalising point. 
Great credit must go to the Tones team for never giving up during the game and showing terrific effort and commitment to bounce back from the previous week's terrible performance against Whitecross.  The same commitment will be required in the club's three remaining games against Maghery(A), Armagh Harps (H) and championship conquerors St.Michael's(A).
Wolfe Tones 0-13 Maghery 1-10
Tones Team:Kieran Murray, Niall Geoghegan(0-01), Ryan McQuillan, Chris Megoran, Michael Carson, Connor McCarron, Chris McCarron, Finnian Moriarty(0-01), Jonathan McCarron, Declan Lavery (0-04, 1f), Brendan Coleman, John McKeever, John Toal(0-02,1f), David Heaney(0-01)Shaun Smith(0-03,2f)Subs:Niall Lennon for Chris Megoran, Michael Crealey(0-01) for John Toal

charlie stubbs