Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on July 11, 2009, 09:07:28 PM

That only specifies how long it is before they can play with their home club again. they can play way longer than 60 days in usa - as long as they like this season

Indeed, the 60-day rule prevents them transferring to another club, they don't have to renew it to saty on.

Let's hope for a few losses huh?

Carbery

Rule 43 T.O. 2008
Playing in U.S.A./Canada/Australasia
(a) A weekend Authorisation is required by any player intending to assist a Club in a game under the jurisdiction of the New York Board or the European Board. The Official Authorisation, in duplicate, requires the signatures of the player's Home Club
Secretary and the County Secretary, and must be presented for signature by the Director General (or other designated person) in Croke Park before 4 p.m. on the Wednesday before the game.

An Authorisation is valid for one weekend only other than where there is a replay of the game for which the Authorisation was granted.

The maximum number of authorised players to assist a Club in any weekend shall be two in Football and three in Hurling.

(b) (i) A player intending to play on a longer term basis in the area governed by one of the following  Boards - the New York Board, the North American County Board, the Canadian Board or the Australasian Board - must obtain an Official Sanction in duplicate, signed by his Club Secretary, the County Secretary and the Director General (or other designated person).
(ii) A sanction shall entitle a player to play with a club in either the New York, Canadian or North American Board areas from 1st March to the end of October in any one year.
(iii) A Sanction shall not be granted after the 1st July for players intending to play in the Canadian Board or the North American County Board areas, or after the 20th July for players intending to play in the New York area.
(iv) In the case of a player intending to play in the Australasian Board area, a sanction shall be for a twelve month period from the date of approval in Croke Park.
(v) A player who has received a Sanction shall not be eligible to play again with his Club in Ireland for the 60 days after the date of approval of his Sanction in Croke Park, but is eligible to play with his County.
(vi) Other than in exceptional circumstances, to be defined by Central Council, a Sanctioned player who returns to Ireland may not subsequently return to resume playing in America or Canada in the same year.
(vii) The number of Sanctioned Players permitted for any Club in the North American County Board Area shall be as follows: -
- A Club with one team - a maximum of ten
- A Club with a second team - a further eight
- A Club with a third team - a further six
In addition, a Club may also avail of the services of Players who have a valid current J1 Visa, as well as a sanction.
In the case of the Canadian Board Area, the maximum number of Sanctioned Players per club shall be ten.
In the case of New York, the maximum number of Sanctioned Players per team shall be six.
(viii) All Sanctioned players shall have the same status regardless of when they travel.
(ix) A player who has received a Sanction may not, in the same year, transfer to a Club in Britain (unless qualified under Rule 39), Europe or Australasia.
(x) A player may receive only one Sanction in any Calendar Year.
Exception: A Player who played on a Sanction in the North American County Board or New York or Canadian Board Area Jurisdictions may obtain a sanction to play in the Australasian Board Area.
(c) (i) A player who remains permanently (i.e. beyond one Playing Season) in the North American County
Board or Canadian Board Areas shall be eligible to obtain an Inter-County transfer. Applications for such transfer shall be lodged in Croke Park by January 1st in any year.
(ii) A player who remains in the Australasian Board Area after the expiry of his sanction shall require an intercounty transfer to continue playing there in competitions.
(iii) In the case of a player moving permanently to the Area under the jurisdiction of the New York Board, a transfer shall be necessary.
A player shall be considered to have moved permanently after he has been a minimum of four weeks in the new jurisdiction.
Penalty: For infringement of this Rule - 24 weeks suspension.

corn02

Can't  be arsed reading that Carbery, what's the issue anyway?

I doubt many clubs adhere to those guidelines anyway.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Pearse Ógs 2-12 St Pat's 1-11

Attractive enough match. Thought we did very well in the first half against a very strong Ógs side. Mal Mackin opened the scoring with a goal when the goalkeeper (was that Ciaran McKinney?) badly misjudged the flight of an attempted point. We played some nice stuff int he first half and were worth our 2 point lead at half time which could have been more had Ciaran McKeever converted a penalty when the goalkeeper dragged down our forward as he was about to score a goal. Ógs were dangerous as well with their number 15 (conor clarke or was he 13?) getting a Pearse Ógs goal.

Ronan Clarke switched to full forward at half time and Ógs started to do us a lot of damage. A goal from their number 15 after some slack defending was the crucial score of the match. Ógs were certainly the better side in the second half but I thought we were very unfortunate to have a goal disallowed with about 10 minutes left. There were 4 points in it at that stage and I felt it was a very soft free out to Ógs. Wasn't too bad a performance from Cullyhanna - that's a very good Pearse Ógs side who I'd expect to make another good run in the championship.

By my reckoning we have 5 matches left - Cross, Sarsfields, Killeavy and Cruppen at home and Clans away. Hopefully the decent number of home matches left will help us towards safety, crucial games against Sarsfields, Killeavy and Cruppen to avoid the drop. Win thsoe 3 and we'll be safe.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Real1995

Cruppen beat Mullaghbawn by 4 points, big game now for us on fri night against Clans, 4 pointer!
Nice guys always finish second!

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs 2-12 St Pats 1-11

An entertaining game of football today.  Half time score was Ogs 1-06 St Pats 1-08

St Pat's dominated the first half and the ogs were lucky to go in just 2 points down.

The roles were reversed in the second half with the Ogs opening with 1-02 to no score in the first 10 mins.  It was a free flowing game and a good win for the Ogs.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 12, 2009, 04:14:21 PM

Attractive enough match. Thought we did very well in the first half against a very strong Ógs side. Mal Mackin opened the scoring with a goal when the goalkeeper (was that Ciaran McKinney?) badly misjudged the flight of an attempted point. We played some nice stuff int he first half and were worth our 2 point lead at half time which could have been more had Ciaran McKeever converted a penalty when the goalkeeper dragged down our forward as he was about to score a goal. Ógs were dangerous as well with their number 15 (conor clarke or was he 13?) getting a Pearse Ógs goal.

Ronan Clarke switched to full forward at half time and Ógs started to do us a lot of damage. A goal from their number 15 after some slack defending was the crucial score of the match. Ógs were certainly the better side in the second half but I thought we were very unfortunate to have a goal disallowed with about 10 minutes left. There were 4 points in it at that stage and I felt it was a very soft free out to Ógs. Wasn't too bad a performance from Cullyhanna - that's a very good Pearse Ógs side who I'd expect to make another good run in the championship.

By my reckoning we have 5 matches left - Cross, Sarsfields, Killeavy and Cruppen at home and Clans away. Hopefully the decent number of home matches left will help us towards safety, crucial games against Sarsfields, Killeavy and Cruppen to avoid the drop. Win thsoe 3 and we'll be safe.

Yes it was Ciaran McKinney with an uncharacteristic error to let the first goal in.  He did well though to pick himself up for the penatly save.

The disallowed goal in the last ten was given after one of your forwards hauled Paul Duffy by the neck resulting in St Pats getting the ball.  The ref had blown the whistle just before the shot on goal.  If he hadn't blown for the free it would has made it a very nervous last few minutes.

Who was the no. 14 for St Pats today?  he seemed to be very sharp

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 12, 2009, 04:21:31 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 12, 2009, 04:14:21 PM

Yes it was Ciaran McKinney with an uncharacteristic error to let the first goal in.  He did well though to pick himself up for the penatly save.

The disallowed goal in the last ten was given after one of your forwards hauled Paul Duffy by the neck resulting in St Pats getting the ball.  The ref had blown the whistle just before the shot on goal.  If he hadn't blown for the free it would has made it a very nervous last few minutes.

Who was the no. 14 for St Pats today?  he seemed to be very sharp

Fair enough, I thought it was given for a push as Paudie broke the ball down. Forget what happened before the ball came in.

Gary McCooey was number 14 - had an excellent game though was fighting a bit of a lone battle in the full forward line at time - only 19 or so, one of our better prospects.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

qub la la la

Quote from: Real1995 on July 12, 2009, 04:14:43 PM
Cruppen beat Mullaghbawn by 4 points, big game now for us on fri night against Clans, 4 pointer!

brutal match, half time was 1 -1 to 4 points. final score 10 points to 1-3. mullaghban had 12 or 13 men behind the ball. they are very difficult to play against and even worse to watch.

qub la la la

any news from culloville sarsfields?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 12, 2009, 04:41:10 PM

Gary McCooey was number 14 - had an excellent game though was fighting a bit of a lone battle in the full forward line at time - only 19 or so, one of our better prospects.

He had a good game, I was surprised at him being moved out to the half forward line where he became more anonymous.  He had won you a right bit of possession and frees in the full forward line

gaapunter

Quote from: qub la la la on July 12, 2009, 05:00:58 PM

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR  SUNDAY 12 JULY 2009

Sunday 12 July
ACL – Div. I
Mullaghbawn 1-3; Carrickcruppen 0-10
Culloville 2-10; Sarsfields 4-6
Pearse Og 2-12; St Patrick's 1-11

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: qub la la la on July 12, 2009, 05:00:58 PM

Cullaville 2-10  Sarsfields 4-06

One of the Sarsfields players had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance according to Orchardcounty

fitzroyalty

After todays result its hard to look past culloville for relegation.. Above that, 5 teams on 11 pts and dromintee on 12 should make the next few weeks very interesting

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 11, 2009, 10:32:11 AM
It is silly really that a club can be so dominant that it has the league won before the middle of July and that is with half a team.  From what I can read of it too most of the games were won at a canter.  Can anyone tell me when was the last time, league or championship that a team in Armagh actually beat Cross?  Obviously they will not want to lose any games but with 5 left it is a great time for them to blend in more youngsters and give the Fra McNamee's as much game time as possible and keep the older legs fresher for the championship coming up.

Now with Armagh out when is the championship due to be started?  At least there wil be no issue of it running late like it has done in previous years.

Take your face for a shite BC1 - in 2006 Clans had division 1 wrapped up with 7 games to go and there was no accusation of sillyness but when Cross do it all of a sudden the league is discredited.  >:( >:( And your c**k that it has been with half a team all yous have been missing really is the Kernans and IMO Tony and Stephen are f**king duds anyway! Cross have had the Macs and Oisin, Francie etc full time this year so yous have been much stronger than in previous league campaigns as these are the players that actually win matches for yous so grow up you pretentious p***k!