Mayo v Fermanagh, Saturday July 09, 2016 McHale Park

Started by From the Bunker, June 19, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Too easy to say Mayo would have won anyway. When Mayo drew level, Fermanagh went up the field and pointed ahead again. I thought that was some statement, despite being under some pressure for a good 15 minutes. Had that ball gone out of play that O'Shea dived to win a penalty......who knows.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Chimley

Quote from: TomFun on July 10, 2016, 12:33:45 AM
That's a load of balls my friend. We don't punch above our weight. We punch our weight. Always. F#ck off with the platitudes and the arrogance. With a decent referee we would have beat ye

Tomfun having no fun after that game

TomFun

I propose chimney as genius of week. A man of the moment, a tremendous wit

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on July 10, 2016, 12:39:50 AM
Too easy to say Mayo would have won anyway. When Mayo drew level, Fermanagh went up the field and pointed ahead again. I thought that was some statement, despite being under some pressure for a good 15 minutes. Had that ball gone out of play that O'Shea dived to win a penalty......who knows.

No doubt we probably would have had extra time or lost. Them are the breaks! Don't worry we'll get our medicine yet!

maigheo

I think everyone is forgetting about McQuillan going into consult with the umpire and maybe the penalty was for a pull on the jersey before the ball came in and that is where the signal of Mcquillan indicating it was a jersey pull came from.

TomFun

Apologies for being quiet toxic in my reaction. A Fermanagh man in Mayo. Who loves Mayo. But Jesus you are ott about yourselves . Sick because Mcuillan is an awful ref  and I think we should have won

From the Bunker

Quote from: TomFun on July 10, 2016, 01:00:31 AM
Apologies for being quiet toxic in my reaction. A Fermanagh man in Mayo. Who loves Mayo. But Jesus you are ott about yourselves . Sick because Mcuillan is an awful ref  and I think we should have won

Who are you telling? My wife (westmeath woman) constantly reminds me of how up our hole we are! And she's not often right. but his time she's hit the nail on the head! Fermanagh supporters are top notch! Triumph or defeat - they remain with their feet on the ground.

highorlow

Putting the obvious dive aside for a minute, if I were a Fermanagh man tonight I'd be more pissed off with the 2nd half tactic of 14 men behind the ball.

The reality is we were there for the taking dive or no dive.

When ye were 4 down ye let the shackles off and went for the game playing the game as it should be played (I believe the same can be said for Armagh last week).

Instead of protecting a 6 point lead ye actually played into our hands. We are a cat malogen side this year, clueless as regards tactics and if ye has decided to attack rather than defend in the 2nd half ye would have won. Ye had 2 goal chances in the last 5 mins created by lovely free flowing football, too little too late.

Everyone is crediting Pete with his post match rant but the reality is this is deflection from his own shortcomings.

Anyhow I hope I haven't offended the Fermanagh lads in saying all that but that's my take on it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mayo.mick

Quote from: TomFun on July 10, 2016, 01:00:31 AM

Sick, imagine how sick ya'd be if ye had the likes of Reilly and his disastrous refereeing decisions forced on ye like we had below in Limerick. Now, then ye'd be sick!
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Mac2

No point trying to defend the indefensible just cos your own team is involved, it was no peno end of, and frees not won or prior decisions don't justify it. O'Se gives everything for the cause but he doesn't have to resort to this. Still think Mayo would have drawn at worst as they completely dominated the 2nd half and created most of the chances.

macdanger2

Mayo's forward play today was unbelievably poor, every time one of the forwards got the ball he was isolated, nobody playing off him whatsoever and it was easy for the backs to gobble it up.

Also, we seem to have no idea of how a sweeper is supposed to work either, McLoughlin was too far from the fb line most of the time. Ffs, when we were 4 up, Harrison was left one on one with Quigley I think and was lucky not to be exposed.

Huge amount to work on for Rochford et al

highorlow

Great to see the knifes out for us this year. I'm happy with that reaction. Change from the nice guys is no harm.

ONeill

Quote from: maigheo on July 10, 2016, 12:57:28 AM
I think everyone is forgetting about McQuillan going into consult with the umpire and maybe the penalty was for a pull on the jersey before the ball came in and that is where the signal of Mcquillan indicating it was a jersey pull came from.

Still a buckin dive.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

highorlow

The simple solution is a video ref.

All of Mayo would be for that.  ;)

TomFun

God bless ye, couldn't lose to s better bunch

h