NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

1 from 3 to go down it looks like  and 2 from 5 to go up...( well likely 2 from 3)

Tight division. Sligo could maybe make it yet looking at fixtures.armagh 2 home games which suits them. Tipp and Armagh big game but then there are a lot of big games both ends in there.

Divisions 2 and 3 best of the lot.

Orior

Team          P   W   D   L   +/-   Pts.
1 Tipperary   5   4   0   1   22   8
2 Louth       5   4   0   1   8    8
3 Armagh      5   3   1   1   44   7
4 Sligo       5   2   1   2   -1   5
5 Longford    5   2   0   3   -3   4
6 Antrim      5   2   0   3   -17   4
7 Laois       5   1   0   4   -22   2
8 Offaly      5   1   0   4   -31   2

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Paddy Power

Tipperary 1/5
Armagh 8/15
Louth 5/6
Sligo 11/2

Not sure that Tipp are such a good bet, there has to some chance of being beaten by both Louth and Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tippabu

Quote from: armaghniac on March 20, 2017, 09:49:21 PM
Paddy Power

Tipperary 1/5
Armagh 8/15
Louth 5/6
Sligo 11/2

Not sure that Tipp are such a good bet, there has to some chance of being beaten by both Louth and Armagh.

If tipp beat Louth next weekend we go up no matter what and our last game against Armagh doesn't matter as we'd have Louth on the head to head. Likewise if Louth beat us then they go up automatically on the head to head no matter what the only difference is if Louth beat us then we would have a game against Armagh where a win would put us up and not Armagh.

Qwerty28

Longford Sligo game yesterday was entertaining without the quality being too high - lot of sloppy, silly mistakes from both sides, especially win terms of shooting. Longford conceded 2 soft goals but seemed more dangerous in attack. Silly sending off of the experienced Harrison was a big turning point but Longford should have been out of sight early in second half but spurned Id say 2-4 in about 5 minutes!

Overall, fairly typical division 3 fare, pernickty ref who wont be seen come summer and Longford performing pretty true to form n terms of good in attack but porous and open at the back despite having plenty of players back! Good enough to stay up and hopefully should be bale to pick up at least 1 point from last 2 games, even though away form is patchy to say the least. Heres to a good showing from the U-21s Wed night!

Horse Box

Paddy Power

Tipperary 1/5
Armagh 8/15
Louth 5/6
Sligo 11/2

True , Tipp have been slow out of the traps v Offaly , Antrim and Sligo . Clawed 2 of them back and nearly caught Sligo ! If Tipp can start solidly against Louth we should win it handy , Armagh will be something else entirely . Armagh should win the Division Final but I hear the their backs are a weak link , if so Tipp have the forwards and it should be a high scoring game in the last round and indeed the Final should they both make it !

armaghniac

Quote from: Horse Box on March 21, 2017, 12:37:07 AM
Paddy Power

Tipperary 1/5
Armagh 8/15
Louth 5/6
Sligo 11/2

True , Tipp have been slow out of the traps v Offaly , Antrim and Sligo . Clawed 2 of them back and nearly caught Sligo ! If Tipp can start solidly against Louth we should win it handy , Armagh will be something else entirely . Armagh should win the Division Final but I hear the their backs are a weak link , if so Tipp have the forwards and it should be a high scoring game in the last round and indeed the Final should they both make it !

Armagh defence wasn't up to scratch in some of the earlier games, but things have tightened up and the likes of James Morgan now being back is a big help. Louth got a number of fine long range points, you cannot stop those, but had trouble getting through.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Applesisapples

You'd expect Armagh and Tipp to progress, but then I expected Armagh to have beaten Laois and Sligo.

sligoman2

After our performance v Longford I'm amazed we have 5 points.  Total rubbish from us and Harrison was not the difference.  It was pathetic listening to it on ocean fm, only for the 2 goals from Coen and the wastefulness of the Longford forwards we would have been beAten by alot more.  Offaly have every chance
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

rodney trotter

How is Carew still over Sligo, must be his third year there? The tactics a few years ago in Connacht final against Mayo were desperate. He should have went after that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 21, 2017, 11:03:47 PM
How is Carew still over Sligo, must be his third year there? The tactics a few years ago in Connacht final against Mayo were desperate. He should have went after that.

Agree. He's a joke. Our players are decent and we're able to score which is keeping us around mid table but the consistent inconsistency tells you everything. I could be here all day giving examples but I'm tired of it at this stage.

Shamrock Shore

LOL at my initial predictions

Champions: Laois
Promoted: Armagh

Relegated: Antrim and Sligo

So - upon mature reflection here's the latest

Champions: Tipp

Relegation: Offaly and Laois

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 22, 2017, 03:47:40 PM
LOL at my initial predictions

Champions: Laois

Relegated: Antrim and Sligo

So - upon mature reflection here's the latest

Champions: Tipp

Relegation: Offaly and Laois

You'll be looking to have another stab at it next week?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ardchieftain

He'll be needing another stab at it next week for sure!!

Oraisteach

Anyone know if there's radio coverage of the Armagh-Antrim match?