NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Tipperary 3-17  Longford 0-18 FT

The scores in the first few minutes were crucial for Tipperary - Longford never closed the gap - I think the nearest they got was 3 points.
Was always going to be a massive ask to close the gap with Longford not getting a goal. They did have one notched off for square ball; sounded like a clear-cut decision but if Longford had got a goal there, it would be a big boost coming down the final straight. 3-17 a big score to concede but I'd rate the Tipp attack as strongest in the Division.

Battle for promotion between Louth (8 points) Tipp (6 points) and Sligo and Armagh (5 points) while 4 teams on 2 points apiece in the relegation battle Longford, Laois, Antrim and Offaly.

Score difference is Longford -8 , Laois - 19, Antrim- 19 and Offaly -27.

didlyi

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 11, 2017, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 11, 2017, 05:44:52 PM
Listening to radio seems like a daycent Longford crowd travelled. Unless early Kilkennys are there doing an ABT

Can't see too many Kilkenny hurling folk arriving early to see Tipp or Longford play football.

If ye watched the hurling you would know why.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

naka

was at louth Armagh game yesterday
Armagh looked far sharper and fitter,
its actually a joy to see grugan and Clarke link up, Sheridan and grimly also played well and the block at the end from morgam who was excellent when he came on was fantastic
forker sent off in the first minute was unfortunate but as I didn't see it arriving 5 minutes late I can`t comment.
Armagh look too strong for this league but the defeat to laois may come back to haunt them .

for me there are more reasons to be positive  at the moment especially now the kick out strategy seems to be working.
now to get andy mallon back and we will be well placed for the down men

Shamrock Shore

For lovers of open and good football the relegation battle between Laois and Longford is live on eir sport next Sat night.

A win for Longford will see us safe for another year in Div 3. Anything else will mean a trip to Belfast looking for a result.

Have Laois been in Div 4 in recent memory? I cannot recall.

As regards yesterday's match I posted something in the Provisional Div 3 thread. Hope the Ocean FM lads got home safe to familiar environs. The lads were horrid depressed on the radio.

bennydorano

Rufus T Firefly

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 20, 2017, 11:37:26 AM
For lovers of open and good football the relegation battle between Laois and Longford is live on eir sport next Sat night.

A win for Longford will see us safe for another year in Div 3. Anything else will mean a trip to Belfast looking for a result.

As regards yesterday's match I posted something in the Provisional Div 3 thread. Hope the Ocean FM lads got home safe to familiar environs. The lads were horrid depressed on the radio.
Longford by 17 points. You could play Niall Sheridan and you would still win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 20, 2017, 11:37:26 AM

They live in an alternative reality to most of the rest of us. I think it's a clever tactic by the county board to make sure people go to games cos otherwise you'd have no idea what happened.

imtommygunn

Laois and longford makes it interesting. Realistically you would expect armagh to beat antrim so antrim will need to beat longford in the last game.

I saw the fixtures somewhere on this board...

Laois sligo last game?

Then there is offaly who could do something yet too.

armaghniac

Remaining games

Saturday, March 25, 2017
Athletic Grounds 19:00 Armagh v Antrim
Portlaoise : 19:00 Laois v Longford
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Markievicz Park 15:00 Sligo v Offaly
Semple Stadium 15:00 Tipperary v Louth

Sunday, April 02, 2017
Corrigan Park, Belfast 14:00 Antrim v Longford
Gaelic Grounds, Drogheda 14:00 Louth v Sligo
Athletic Grounds 14:00 Armagh  v Tipperary
O Connor Park, Tullamore 14:00 Offaly v Laois

Armagh need a point from the Tipp game, but on recent form this seems possible.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardchieftain

This table is more up to date.

Allianz FL3   P   W   D   L   Dif   Pts
Louth   5   4   0   1   8   8
Tipperary   5   4   0   1   22   8
Armagh   5   3   1   1   44   7
Sligo   5   2   1   2   -1   5
Longford   5   2   0   3   -3   5
Antrim   5   2   0   3   -17   4
Laois   5   1   0   4   -22   2
Offaly   5   1   0   4   -41   2

armaghniac

Quote from: ardchieftain on March 20, 2017, 09:18:46 PM
This table is more up to date.

Indeed it is, sure why would GAA.ie have the proper table?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Sloppy work from Armaghniac.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians