GAA Documentary - Hurling Guru Needed

Started by butterfilms, April 09, 2018, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butterfilms

Hi there,

I work for a production company. One of our directors is interested in doing a short documentary on GAA, in particular hurling. As he is from the UK, he does not know much about the sport which is one of the reasons why he would like to do this.

Would anyone on this forum be able to have a chat with him about hurling? Ideally someone who knows something from club to county and from young to old?

Thanks in advance,

Dee

caprea

You might get lucky asking here but personally I would look to ring the GAA for get through to their communications or PR department and get them to try and help you.

Eamonnca1

No harm to the GAA's PR department but they haven't exactly set the world alight with their efforts to explain the game in the past.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: butterfilms on April 09, 2018, 05:43:51 PM
Hi there,

I work for a production company. One of our directors is interested in doing a short documentary on GAA, in particular hurling. As he is from the UK, he does not know much about the sport which is one of the reasons why he would like to do this.

Would anyone on this forum be able to have a chat with him about hurling? Ideally someone who knows something from club to county and from young to old?

Thanks in advance,

Dee

Certainly some very good posters here who've county and club honours behind them and back at grass roots coaching their local teams and development squads...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

I'd say if you want to understand hurling, talk to someone like Paudie Butler. An absolute evangelist, and with a good playing and coaching career behind him.

manfromdelmonte

talk to someone from a non Tier 1 county

its easy to promote hurling in Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork etc

I've real respect for lads in Mayo, Leitrim, Cavan, Kerry, Roscommon, Donegal, Wicklow etc keeping the game going

longballin

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 10, 2018, 09:54:19 PM
talk to someone from a non Tier 1 county

its easy to promote hurling in Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork etc

I've real respect for lads in Mayo, Leitrim, Cavan, Kerry, Roscommon, Donegal, Wicklow etc keeping the game going

partitionist  ::)