You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: inisceithleann on October 14, 2007, 10:00:59 PM
Will Greenwood. What an idiot? If ever a man enjoyed the sound of his own voice. The constant reference to England when Argentina and South Africa was playing was a disgrace. ITV is meant to be for everyone in Britian. If I was Scottish or Welsh I wouldn't be too impressed.

Ireland, Scotland and Wales' games where on ITV4, except for in their region. England's games were on ITV1, no matter the region. Says it all really.
Testing Accessibility

inisceithleann

It's going to be a long week at work listening to the rugby heads in my office, some of them were out in France as well.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 14, 2007, 09:58:19 PM
*shakes head in disbelief*

firstly, I realise this is starting to drag on and bore people so I apologise for that but I don't think I can let this go without an answer.

God of almighty you are unreal.  I honestly think Tyrone's own has hit a nerve, you obviously can't have kids and are a bit bitter or else you totally hate kids.  A few facts; the kid on board, child on board is a bit of a tacky thing most new mums do, friends or family would buy the sign, its tacky nothing more but you wouldn't know as you have no kids of your own.  The leaving the kids while you go to work and then have the nerve to go for a night out statement, shows how your bitter twisted mind works at the fact of either being unable to father a child or just have a loathing for kids.  In today's society it is very hard to manage on a single salary, unless you are earning mega bucks; my wife works part time and every now and again granny takes the kids and we get a night out.  From you're twisted bitter logic we have kids for show, I seriously would love to hear your definition of a parent which would not in away show selfish qualtities based on your very bitter and twisted logic, but which you have no experience of and really are in a poor position to comment.  As I said - you really are unreal.

Do I sound like someone that hates kids when I say "if you have children they should be your life"?
I've no issue with both parents working and then taking the odd night out - it's the parents who spend as much time as they can away from the children I've a problem with.  the  rest of your post is just waffle.  I've seen you making judgements and generalisations about people on another thread but making assumptions about my sperm count takes the biscuit. 
You think I'm bitter, twisted etc, how many times now that you taunted someone, who you believe can't have children, about not having children?  That's quite a vile thing to do don't you think?

It's a good job I'm not bothered   ::)

That really comes across - from parking spaces to child on board to parents having a night out - its all bitter.

Chrisowc

Quote from: inisceithleann on October 14, 2007, 10:00:59 PM
Will Greenwood. What an idiot? If ever a man enjoyed the sound of his own voice. The constant reference to England when Argentina and South Africa was playing was a disgrace. ITV is meant to be for everyone in Britian. If I was Scottish or Welsh I wouldn't be too impressed.

He makes John Motson sound like the bastion of neutrality.

ITV is for everyone in the United Kingdom.  So this Northern Irish man wasn't too impressed either ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

ExiledGael

If someone on here, god forbid, did have some problem or were unable to have children Pints is right there are a few disgraceful comments about it. Let it go.

Snowed Under

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 14, 2007, 10:45:07 PM
If someone on here, god forbid, did have some problem or were unable to have children Pints is right there are a few disgraceful comments about it. Let it go.

But why slag ALL parents as selfish?

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Louth Exile

No, but because a parent parks in a space that is designated for them they are selfish  ??? ???
However its perfectly ok for you to park in this same spot so as you can go in and buy your sweets  ??? ???
I'm confused, but I've really had enough of this argument, no matter what you are determined to have the last word on it pints, so if thats what makes you happy.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 14, 2007, 11:10:14 PM
I didn't slag all parents as selfish.

You did, as every parent I know with a toddler would avail of the space designated for themselves (by the shopping centre) which you choose to park in out of spite and as a statement of contempt for parenthood.  You did as every parent I know uses the baby on board thingy as it is a tacky thing mums like to do.  You did as every parent I know works and takes the odd night out.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Snowed Under on October 15, 2007, 07:47:10 AM

You did, as every parent I know with a toddler would avail of the space designated for themselves (by the shopping centre) which you choose to park in out of spite and as a statement of contempt for parenthood.  You did as every parent I know uses the baby on board thingy as it is a tacky thing mums like to do.  You did as every parent I know works and takes the odd night out.
yaaawwwnn
I never said a parent who makes use of the spaces are selfish.
I never said a parent who sticks up a sign in the car is selfish - I simply asked what the purpose of the signs where.
I never said a parent who works and takes an odd night out is selfish - I said that those who spend as much time as possible away from their children are selfish.

This from a person who uses his own children to taunt someone (who he believes can't have children) about not having children.
*shakes head*

Line drawn.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Snowed Under

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 15, 2007, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on October 15, 2007, 07:47:10 AM

yaaawwwnn
I never said a parent who makes use of the spaces are selfish.
I never said a parent who sticks up a sign in the car is selfish - I simply asked what the purpose of the signs where.
I never said a parent who works and takes an odd night out is selfish - I said that those who spend as much time as possible away from their children are selfish.

This from a person who uses his own children to taunt someone (who he believes can't have children) about not having children.
*shakes head*

Line drawn.

Care to explain this post then?

How do you think a parent with no car does?  How do you think parents that don't get the 2 or 3 selfish parent and toddler spaces do?

The stick the sign up comment was another dig at parents and parenthood; the night out the same; you keep drawing your lines there, you ignore the ones around allocated mother and toddler spaces, i'll ignore your virtual lines.

Gabriel_Hurl

People saying they'll be somewhere at a certain time - and then not show up on time - if at all

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

The Real Laoislad

Trying to get thru to the Revenue all morning...I bet they would be easy to get hold of if i owed them money  >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.