The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 04, 2019, 01:09:00 PM
St Andrew's awaits  ;)

As does Ashton Gate and Deepdale - there are dangers everywhere!!

ziggy90

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 04, 2019, 02:03:54 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on March 04, 2019, 01:09:00 PM
St Andrew's awaits  ;)

As does Ashton Gate and Deepdale - there are dangers everywhere!!
[/quotei

If Leeds can keep playing the way they did against the Baggies I think automatic promotion is well within their reach.
However, on a purely selfish note I wouldn't like to see any of the top three teams promoted; they're "proper" football clubs and are what makes the Championship the most competitive  league in England.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

Very, very few gimmes in the Championship.

Two local derbies left.  Lots of fixtures left that could lose Leeds points. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

We hung in there for a few weeks, some terrible performances against bolton and swansea and then QPR was were it just blew apart but in typical Leeds style we play unreal against WBA. Its hard to know where we stand but Bristol away is huge, in fact theres no easy games as said already but if get a bit of momentum off the WBA win we could push on hopefully. It will be unpredictable. Sheff Utd at Home is huge. Exciting but also nerve wracking, looks like going down to the wire. MOT.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rufus T Firefly

Two of the three big games now gone and six points accumulated. It couldn't have gone any better than that.  :)

Leeds though are nothing if not consistent in their inconsistency and so the fixture away to Reading tomorrow night carries huge importance as well. It is vital to not take the eye off that fixture and thinking ahead to Saturday. A win there would be a great way to go into the Sheffield United game which is as big a fixture as Leeds have had since relegation from the Premier League fifteen years ago. If we could then beat Sheffield United, we would have a minimum of five points to spare over the Blades as we enter a two week rest period, before the final eight matches come up across April. One thing is for sure - the run in is not going to be easy on the emotions!!   :-\

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 11, 2019, 02:14:53 PM
Two of the three big games now gone and six points accumulated. It couldn't have gone any better than that.  :)

Leeds though are nothing if not consistent in their inconsistency and so the fixture away to Reading tomorrow night carries huge importance as well. It is vital to not take the eye off that fixture and thinking ahead to Saturday. A win there would be a great way to go into the Sheffield United game which is as big a fixture as Leeds have had since relegation from the Premier League fifteen years ago. If we could then beat Sheffield United, we would have a minimum of five points to spare over the Blades as we enter a two week rest period, before the final eight matches come up across April. One thing is for sure - the run in is not going to be easy on the emotions!!   :-\
I just seen on twitter that the ref tomorrow is the same ref who sent off Jansson at stoke for falling over, hes also took 14 steps for a free kick against Leeds for the wall in that game, so I am concerned.

3 horse race now

SLIGONIAN

Big win last night, on a bit of roll, but Sheff Utd were down to 10 men and brentford had about 20 shots to their 10 and they still win 2-0, but anyways they wont be easy beaten,

Biggest game in 15 yrs, most definitely so, can create a 5 pt gap and would be a sucker punch. A draw not the end of the world.

Have to get up at 5.30am to watch it here in Vancouver.  :o

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: cornerback on March 13, 2019, 04:48:00 PM
I'd take this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5WNqAJCxyU
Honestly though those goals we scored were jammy as hell, and the sheff keeper looked like he was paid off and that defender. Looks suspect to me looking at that. But yes I would take it ;D

Mourne Rover

A massive win for Leeds today means that ten points from the last four games will take us up. Sheffield United definitely have the easier run in, but they have lost momentum and picked up key injuries as well as the suspension of Egan. However, strange things can happen when the pressure is really on and it will probably go to the last game. While Leeds are not short on quality, winning a match by a comfortable margin has not often been possible. The closing stages of our remaining fixtures are not going to be good for the nerves.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Mourne Rover on April 13, 2019, 10:37:05 PM
A massive win for Leeds today means that ten points from the last four games will take us up.

Given all that has happened, I'm delighted to be in this position, but I genuinely think we would struggle to get ten points from those fixtures. As you mentioned, the likelihood is that we will be depending on the Blades to drop a few points to secure automatic promotion.

One game at a time therefore - Sheffield United play earlier, which will allow Leeds to know where they stand for the later kick-off against Wigan.

I've actually got butterflies typing this!   :o

seafoid

2 losses in 4 days . 54 shots and 1 goal.

Derby in the playoff semis per the Telegraph
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2019, 07:55:36 AM

Born or Bristol are still in with a shout. It would be mad to think that Derby or the likes could end up 14-15 points behind Leeds and beat them in the playoffs and get promoted....though I have to say I'd like to see Derby go up as Harry Wilson has had a good season for them and I'd like to see him loaned to them again next year if they go up

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 23, 2019, 08:17:25 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2019, 07:55:36 AM

Born or Bristol are still in with a shout. It would be mad to think that Derby or the likes could end up 14-15 points behind Leeds and beat them in the playoffs and get promoted....though I have to say I'd like to see Derby go up as Harry Wilson has had a good season for them and I'd like to see him loaned to them again next year if they go up
Very disappointing for Leeds though to be in the automatic places for over 30 weeks and to lapse right at the end
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Billys Boots

Quote2 losses in 4 days . 54 shots and 1 goal.

And 70% possession in both games.  Making tonnes of chances but not taking them.  Same against Sheffield Wednesday, but got a goal.  They are extremely vulnerable when they lose possession - a Bielsa trademark.  I have officially given up at this stage.   :(
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...