American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on December 07, 2018, 07:40:16 AM
Derrick Henry ffs. The week I decide to pick up the jags D.

I thought about playing them in one league but despite last weeks good performance I decided not to. They're just not the force of last season for some reason. Still incredible to see them give up that much to a pretty average player (by NFL standards).

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 07, 2018, 09:21:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on December 07, 2018, 07:40:16 AM
Derrick Henry ffs. The week I decide to pick up the jags D.

I thought about playing them in one league but despite last weeks good performance I decided not to. They're just not the force of last season for some reason. Still incredible to see them give up that much to a pretty average player (by NFL standards).

I only saw a couple of minutes of highlights this morning, but his 99 yard TD run featured some of the most pathetic tackling I've ever seen. It was like a teenager holding off a 6 year old.

gallsman

I picked them up as they looked to be getting back more towards last year's levels and Tennessee had looked appalling the last few weeks. Then this.

Syferus

Alex Smith still in hospital battle infections stemming from the multiple surgeries on his right leg. Thank god he signed a fat contract in the off-season.

gallsman

SEC Championship game looks like it cost Tua the Heisman.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Minder on December 09, 2018, 09:11:50 PM
Jesus Dolphins  ;D
That was fantastic, watching it live and can't stop reswatching it since, few things have brought me as much exhilaration in sport
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

gallsman

Some really, really bad QB in that late game. Still don't think the Bears will get out of the NFC as Trubisky is so ropey but Goff looked absolutely awful.

The OT score for the Cowboys was harsh on Philly. Dak got 30+ fantasy points last night but he was awful too, especially in the first half. Whoever wins the NFC East is getting smashed in round one.

magpie seanie

New Orleans are the team to beat in the NFC but it will take a good team to beat da Bears. Unfortunately a couple of poor losses like last week to the Giants will probably mean they're on the road in the playoffs because they'd be awful hard to beat in Soldier Field. Trubisky was making progress before his injury so I'd expect him to impove on last night. Goff isn't a brilliant QB but is the poster boy for what a top class coach can do.

lurganblue

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 10, 2018, 09:24:26 AM
New Orleans are the team to beat in the NFC but it will take a good team to beat da Bears. Unfortunately a couple of poor losses like last week to the Giants will probably mean they're on the road in the playoffs because they'd be awful hard to beat in Soldier Field. Trubisky was making progress before his injury so I'd expect him to impove on last night. Goff isn't a brilliant QB but is the poster boy for what a top class coach can do.

Saints were very poor in the first half yesterday, in particular Brees.  The running game finally seemed to kick the offence into gear in the second half but overall it wasnt an impressive performance. Stuttering a little.

Rams losing was a nice bonus.

Was Gronk on the defense as protection for the hail mary? Man turned like a bus.

magpie seanie

Quote from: lurganblue on December 10, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

Saints were very poor in the first half yesterday, in particular Brees.  The running game finally seemed to kick the offence into gear in the second half but overall it wasnt an impressive performance. Stuttering a little.

Was Gronk on the defense as protection for the hail mary? Man turned like a bus.

Ya. Between that, Brady inexplicably taking a sack to allow time expire at the end of the first half and former player Brandon Bolden's 2 TD's it was a hilarious day for those of us who do not like the Patriots. Belichick will be furious!

Oraisteach

Hey, don't rule us Brownies out! Pittsburgh and Baltimore lose out and we win all three, we're right there 🎯 🐶

Maiden1

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 10, 2018, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 10, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

Ya. Between that, Brady inexplicably taking a sack to allow time expire at the end of the first half and former player Brandon Bolden's 2 TD's it was a hilarious day for those of us who do not like the Patriots. Belichick will be furious!
https://www.patriots.com/video/bill-belichick-12-9-it-came-down-to-one-play

Gotta love Belichick press conferences, he makes Jim Gavin look animated.  I was half expecting tumbleweed to roll past at one stage.

There are no proofs, only opinions.