"Several dead" in helicopter crash in Mourne mountains

Started by Minder, October 23, 2010, 08:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

A number of people are feared dead after a helicopter crash in the Mourne Mountains in County Down on Saturday afternoon.
It is not known how many people were on board but local MLA Jim Wells said he believed that several had been killed.
He added that it had happened in an area known locally as Leitrim Lodge between Hilltown and Rostrevor.
Eyewitnesses reported that an aircraft was in distress in the area at about 1600 BST.
Police are leading the operation assisted by the Mourne Mountain Rescue Team.
A police spokesperson said that the Air Accident Investigation Authority had been informed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sandino

Sad News indeed! Bel Tel reporting that up to four people have died.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Hereiam

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

brokencrossbar1

Happened just up the road from us, about a mile from the house. We were actually out walking the dogs at the time when we heard the fire brigades heading up past the house, we had thought that maybe something had happened with a bonfire or something.  We were in the trees in Kilbroney so couldn't really see anything but we did hear a helicopter but it was probably a search one at that stage.  Terrible, just terrible.

Minder

We really need to ascertain if it was a military helicopter so the usual suspects can go  ;D crazy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2010, 10:34:40 PM
We really need to ascertain if it was a military helicopter so the usual suspects can go  ;D crazy.
You bastard, I near spluttered a mouthful of red over the screen when I read that
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Terrible news, no matter who was in the helicopter.
Testing Accessibility

sammymaguire

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 23, 2010, 10:43:59 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2010, 10:34:40 PM
You b**tard, I near spluttered a mouthful of red over the screen when I read that

That would be a shocking waste of a 'mouthful of red'. Are you referring to wine?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Puckoon

Quote from: ziggysego on October 23, 2010, 11:16:34 PM
Terrible news, no matter who was in the helicopter.

You would think that that would be the general sentiment alright ziggy - but has this board taught you nothing?

Hereiam

Now we all know it makes a big difference in this small corner of Ireland

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hereiam on October 23, 2010, 11:19:58 PM
Now we all know it makes a big difference in this small corner of Ireland
Keep your champagne on ice until there is confirmation. Just in case, like.