Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 04, 2014, 11:37:51 PM
I don't think the above comments are fair or accurate any longer to be honest.

There are some comments which dont get posted because they are i) libellous, ii) incoherent, or iii) personally aimed, which is inappropriate. The majority of comments do get posted and where I have answers to questions posted, I'll provide them.

But posts like 'why did the referee last Thursday week not send off the opposition full forward......?? wont see the light of day, and rightly so.

Have you recently taken over the role as admin? If that is the case then that is to be welcomed, I would recommend a different approach to the previous admin, he has created an image not to be aspiring to. Good luck in the role and hopefully a more user friendly county guestbook going forward

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 04, 2014, 10:48:46 PM
I'm the admin on the county guestbook (for 90% of responses anyway) - can you tell me where the 'touchy' replies are?

Thanks
I take it you haven't been always doing that gig as the previous admin was the stereotypical Little Hitler control freak.

theskull1

8 out of 10 cats cant be wrong surely?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on March 05, 2014, 12:23:10 AM

Surely lads who have an issue with the website could easily cut and paste some of the comments and retorts ad maybe Brendan could explain the tone of them.

cfclg

Quote from: NAG1 on March 05, 2014, 08:03:17 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 05, 2014, 12:23:10 AM

Surely lads who have an issue with the website could easily cut and paste some of the comments and retorts ad maybe Brendan could explain the tone of them.

No harm to anyone but 'Brendan' is talking shite, he is not the admin for the guestbook. Another fact is that the county admin has been and still appears to be a ballbeg. End of

imtommygunn

A lot of the replies on that guestbook are an embarassment. Just filter the messages more. I know they're filtered but they're not very well filtered and that leads to all the narky replies.

Whoever does it should remember they are also representing their county to the outside world.

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2014, 09:06:42 AM
A lot of the replies on that guestbook are an embarassment. Just filter the messages more. I know they're filtered but they're not very well filtered and that leads to all the narky replies.

Whoever does it should remember they are also representing their county to the outside world.

Very true.

Sleeping giant

Something is telling me this isn't a good thing, the time it's taking on the hole creggan front.  Did I here the team they defeated in semi has now also lodged a complaint.   Boys I never heard the like of it!!!   15V15.  If your good enough your old enough.  Move on!!  Bitter crying cnuts!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 05, 2014, 02:14:25 PM
Something is telling me this isn't a good thing, the time it's taking on the hole creggan front.  Did I here the team they defeated in semi has now also lodged a complaint.   Boys I never heard the like of it!!!   15V15.  If your good enough your old enough.  Move on!!  Bitter crying cnuts!!

It's all painting both the defeated teams and the GAA officialdom in a really bad light.

If creggan broke a rule then fair enough - rules are rules.
But as I understand this all revolves around interpretation - and the easiest thing to interpret is tag at Creggan were the victors on the pitch.

Really hope it all works out in their favour and isn't allowed to tarnish a fantastic achievement!

Sleeping giant

I agree.  Looks bad, IMO they should scrap the rule now also.I seen somewhere that the same thing happened and the results stood a few years back.  So I can't see why it's taken so long. Which has me thinking they'll get fcuked!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 05, 2014, 05:49:30 PM
I agree.  Looks bad, IMO they should scrap the rule now also.I seen somewhere that the same thing happened and the results stood a few years back.  So I can't see why it's taken so long. Which has me thinking they'll get fcuked!!

The saving grace for Creggan is the fact that Portumna also played a 16 year old in the AI semi-final against Na Pairsigh, so whats good for the goose and all that.

Take the game off Creggan then surely they'd need to take the game off Portumna and let Na Pairsigh through to the final and that's not going to happen..

north_antrim_hound

How can they take this title of creggan, especially since the eligibility rule contested is so grey. At worst you could say creggan exploited a loophole at best they won it with two kids playing
My view is there playing senior hurling this year anyway so what's the big deal.
Ballysagart couldn't win this on the pitch after two attempts
I think if they win this in the corridors of croke park it will send out a worse message for future queries on rule interpretation
I see there manager apologised to the Wicklow ref but didn't apologise to creggan for calling them a bunch of footballers
Apart from the manager I don't think that the irish examiner has been impartial which is poor form also
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

I'd have a few words for describing him. Maybe best left of here.  Clown of a man

paddyjohn

I see a few county players having a pop at UUJ for not supplying a bus or tops to the Freshers who were playing in an all Ireland semi final. Surely can't be right!

clootfromthe21

I'd take the opposite interpretation. If they were going to do something about it, they would have done it quickly. I think its a mess (particularly if Portumna are in the same boat) and the powers that be are just going to let it slide i.e. there will be no announcement one way or another.