Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Those 4 goals conceded against Laois were tha making of the team. DJ Earley and MarK Barrett have been phenomenally good since they came in. Both are underage next year while Earley along with Shane O'Sullivan have 2 years left at this grade. Aaron O'Neill is not 19 until December too.

Hound

The no.11 scored one of the points of the year in any grade in the second half.

The keeper looked top class. Shot stopping good, made high balls look extremely easy and a very big and accurate kick out. Maybe overdid his forays up the field a tad, but he looks like he'll be putting pressure on for the no1 jersey in the senior team very quickly.

Gael85

Quote from: Hound on July 06, 2018, 11:24:27 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 06, 2018, 11:11:55 PM
No bitterness, just pointing out how bad Anthony Nolan was. Anyway it galvanised the players if anything.
The fact that you believe the ref was biased towards Dublin says it all!
Thank the lord for the biased, it really galvanised kildare  ;D

Anyway, enjoy, and I think you should give your lads and management a bit more credit than saying it required the ref to galvanise them!

Some lads will never be satisfied. Winning and coming on here after making history winning first u20 Leinster championship to have moan about referee. They're probably the crowd that verbally abused Anthony Nolan after game. Kildare scored 1-6 from frees Dublin only scored 0-1.

ballinaman

How many points did Kerry beat Kildare in 2016 by ? 8 days to prepare for a semi final is tough on Kildare .

Gael85

Quote from: ballinaman on July 07, 2018, 07:28:54 AM
How many points did Kerry beat Kildare in 2016 by ? 8 days to prepare for a semi final is tough on Kildare .

2-26 to 0-10.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gael85 on July 07, 2018, 07:23:28 AM
No bitterness, just pointing out how bad Anthony Nolan was. Anyway it galvanised the players if anything.

Anyway, enjoy, and I think you should give your lads and management a bit more credit than saying it required the ref to galvanise them!

Some lads will never be satisfied. Winning and coming on here after making history winning first u20 Leinster championship to have moan about referee. They're probably the crowd that verbally abused Anthony Nolan after game. Kildare scored 1-6 from frees Dublin only scored 0-1.

Kildare got 6 frees in the whole game, Dublin 16. Scored 1-2 from those 6. Were you at the game because I doubt any supporter would take time out from celebrating a famous win to abuse a referee. However I did see that same claim on Reservoir Dubs in between some poster calling Kildare fans 'cu*ts'. Classy site, went in looking for honest reaction, more fool me.

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Wasn't at our semi against Dublin, but given we beat Kildare in the group I wonder if we just had one of those days.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Hound on July 06, 2018, 10:41:34 PM
At least it'll stop the nonsense about how we "look after" 70 or 80 lads at this age group  ::)
Still doesn't hide the fact that Dublin have the U20 development squad running along with their county team

And it will continue to run through autumn

Gael85

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 07, 2018, 10:18:13 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on July 07, 2018, 07:23:28 AM

Kildare got 6 frees in the whole game, Dublin 16. Scored 1-2 from those 6. Were you at the game because I doubt any supporter would take time out from celebrating a famous win to abuse a referee. However I did see that same claim on Reservoir Dubs in between some poster calling Kildare fans 'cu*ts'. Classy site, went in looking for honest reaction, more fool me.

Well  I never posted that about kildare supporters. You  should be celebrating kildare victory rather searching opposition fans forum. I sure if there is a kildare gaa forum it will have it own bias view on their county too. Look ye were deserving  winners. I thought referee could have given ye more frees in first half but he didn't make any difference. When ye stopped kicking ball into FF line and played running game that won it.The 5/6 points  before half time for kildare was the game changer and dublin never recovered.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 07, 2018, 10:18:13 AM

Is that a tad disingenious Dinny?

You went to Res Dubs "looking for honest reaction" and picked out some knob saying "c***" rather than a post by what seems a reasonable poster who was actually at the game?

Just back from the game. It was what it was, the sum total of Kildare's football ability was greater then ours, so they won. We can't win it every year.

Our kickout strategy, both for and against was a bit insane though. We left one of their guys free on the half way line for a lot of their kick outs, it was a bit insane to see. For our kick outs, I don't really know what to say, the big high floaty kickout went out about 10 years ago, kicking to the opposition was never really in, so there wasn't really a lot going for them. They did change it up a bit in the second half though and it was better. If we had sorted out kickouts, it would have been closer.

But the big takeaway for me from the game is that the GAA going public are going insane! It can't just be Kildare fans (there were shag all Dublin fans there to make a comparison), but the roaring and abuse at the ref was mental. A guy beside me, with spittle coming out of his mouth, stood and demanded a free because three Dublin guys were tackling a Kildare player, and that's a 'third man tackle'! And that is typical, every time a Dublin guy went on any solo run, everyone roared 'steps' as if he wasn't allowed take one step.

It was extreme and very uncomfortable and unejoyable. Who do these people think they are that they can ruin the evening of people around them because they want to. They wound themselves up into such a collective frenzy that 3 oul' lads after the game went up to the ref and called him everything under the sun- they had just won by 9 points for god sake.

It's pure selfishness and nothing else, and for some reason U20 / U21 is often the worst for it. I think that is probably the last football game at that grade I go to.

The bold bit is me highlighting the most important part of that post

PS the same poster said a number of times afterwards the reaction of the fans is something he's seeing more and more across all counties, including Dublin, and it's not Kildare alone by any means

Hound

Interesting that two U20s called up to the Kildare bench. Would rule them out of the semi if they make an appearance.

Zulu

They won't be called on now anyway. Good to see Kildare on the up.