Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Meaty should do the manly thing and let Wicklow win.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2018, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
Paul Rouse is staying on as Offaly manager just to annoy Dinny.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/paul-rouse-set-to-stay-on-as-offaly-manager-after-promising-start-on-faithful-sideline-37059007.html

I'd have thought Dinny'd be delighted. He'll be too busy sorting out rows in Offaly to be starting them on Newstalk.

Great news, fecking clown. In charge of a football team and he doesn't rate Michael Donnellan and celebrating beating Antrim as if they won an All-Ireland. No wonder he's a sports historian, he lives in the past.

In fairness, if you had seen them against Wicklow, you'd have considered beating Antrim a major achievement too.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2018, 03:36:59 PM

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/paul-rouse-set-to-stay-on-as-offaly-manager-after-promising-start-on-faithful-sideline-37059007.html

I'd have thought Dinny'd be delighted. He'll be too busy sorting out rows in Offaly to be starting them on Newstalk.

Great news, fecking clown. In charge of a football team and he doesn't rate Michael Donnellan and celebrating beating Antrim as if they won an All-Ireland. No wonder he's a sports historian, he lives in the past.

In fairness, if you had seen them against Wicklow, you'd have considered beating Antrim a major achievement too.

Na, I am being slight disingenuous, he spoke with great passion after that game, I almost almost warmed to him. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 28, 2018, 03:15:31 PM

He's not getting paid to be fair. He doesn't want anything.

How will Friday night go LC? Confident? They were a decent side 2 years ago, the semi-final that year against Laois didn't reflect their ability.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Our lack of mobility at midfield is bound to cost us at some point. Is Kelly from Carbury (last year's minor captain) on the scene at all?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

LooseCannon

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 03:43:01 PM

How will Friday night go LC? Confident? They were a decent side 2 years ago, the semi-final that year against Laois didn't reflect their ability.
I'm hoping of a win. They seem to have a good, organised setup anyway. I'd say that they've improved immensely since minor, mind you, they're missing Bill Carroll, younger brother of senior player Eoin, through a cruciate methinks. Also missing Micheál Mooney, a big, ball winning midfielder, due to either non commitment, or perhaps injury. Erin Rovers duo Nathan Poland and Conor Lynam were either dropped, or dropped out themselves, as I know that they were there at the start of the year.

Back to who are there, I'll edit later as I don't currently have the time.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2018, 04:18:38 PM
Our lack of mobility at midfield is bound to cost us at some point. Is Kelly from Carbury (last year's minor captain) on the scene at all?

Doesn't seem to be, watched Carbury against Towers a while back, don't recall him playing. Wonder is he injured. Masterson was very good against Carlow, Marnell was taken off. Jack Robinson would be a great addition if he was available.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2018, 04:18:38 PM

When Shane O'Sullivan comes on it changes that. He is almost Dan Flynn like in his athleticism and can play too. Easier to take advantage of that against tired defences though. He was u17 last year along with DJ Earley who reminds me a bit of a young Andrew McLoughlin with the added ability of hitting 50 metre frees with ease.

A couple of the Offaly lads played school football in Rathangan alongside Jimmy Hyland when they won the C All Ireland a couple of years back. Shane O'Brien definitely and Stefan Geoghegan possibly.

LooseCannon

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 28, 2018, 04:36:59 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 03:43:01 PM

I'm hoping of a win. They seem to have a good, organised setup anyway. I'd say that they've improved immensely since minor, mind you, they're missing Bill Carroll, younger brother of senior player Eoin, through a cruciate methinks. Also missing Micheál Mooney, a big, ball winning midfielder, due to either non commitment, or perhaps injury. Erin Rovers duo Nathan Poland and Conor Lynam were either dropped, or dropped out themselves, as I know that they were there at the start of the year.

Back to who are there, I'll edit later as I don't currently have the time.

The Team Selection is

1. Barry Rohan (Shannonbridge) good keeper. Would probably have been the starting keeper for the seniors, but was still u20. Plays in goals for his club, unlike Mulhall and Dunican. Saved a penalty in the last game and covered the angles well as the rebound was blasted over the bar. Appears to be small in height.

2. Ronan Hynes (Shannonbridge) Very good footballer. Calm and composed on the ball. Has two very good feet that deliver killer passes. I feel that he's restricted as he is full of running down the wing. I'd imagine that he'll pick up Hyland, Kildare's key man.

3. Pa Robilliard (Tullamore ) (Captain) The skipper. Seems to be a steady player. Haven't really seen too much of him as of yet.

4. Aidan Bracken (Ballycommon) Young for this age group. Would still be minor had it stayed at u18. Very good the last day v Westmeath. From what I've seen, a tight marker and a good bit of stuff.

5. Jack Quinn (Ballycumber) Athletic young buck. Up and down the field easily enough. Nice kick passer of the ball.

6. Stefan Geoghegan (Bracknagh) A rock of a young man. I believe that this lad has serious potential. Physically strong, has a good delivery. Good runner also. Well able to cover ground.

7. Jack O'Brien (Durrow) Up and down. Decent kick passer. Similar to Quinn.

8. Kyle Higgins (Ferbane) The more athletic of the two midfielders. Decent in the air.

9. Sean Ibbotson (Ferbane) Good fielder of a ball. Lacks pace, and a bit of game intelligence. Good fielder though!

10. Kevin McDermott (Durrow) Running and pace. Pops up with a sore or two as well which is nice. Good hurler as well.

11. Conor Dunne (Ballycommon) Rugby may be his first game, but he transfers the skills of handling and hard running seamlessly into our vastly superior sport.

12. Dan Wyer (Durrow) Appears to be a bit light. Covers a lot of ground and pops up with a score or two.

13. Cian Johnson (Ferbane) Good player. Was involved with the seniors. Left foot, left foot, left foot. A very good one he has!

14. Cian Farrell (Edenderry) Free taker from right and central areas. Can be hot and cold. Good player.

15. Shane O'Brien (Clonbullogue). Free taker from the left. Can be hot and cold also. Is a lanky lad.

Dinny Breen

Thanks LC, nice post. Under pressure to make this as I am flying to France in the morning and have things to do.

Will be tight, just not sure of this Kildare team, they strike me as a team than think they are perhaps better than they are, might be harsh but I wouldn't back them to win a tight game.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

LooseCannon

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 02:26:03 PM
Thanks LC, nice post. Under pressure to make this as I am flying to France in the morning and have things to do.

Will be tight, just not sure of this Kildare team, they strike me as a team than think they are perhaps better than they are, might be harsh but I wouldn't back them to win a tight game.
Sure didn't that Hyland lad shoot the lights out?
He seems to be a talented chap.
Now the subs.
16. Jack Cullinane (Ferbane) Taller than Rohan. Not as good a shot-stopper, or on kickouts. Rohan has the ability to kick frees also, which I've never seen Cullinane do.

17. Michael Wren (Ferbane) Sticky corner back. Solid option.

18. David Nally (Ferbane) Baller. Two footed. Lacks pace unfortunately, and doesn't come across as the fittest. Still would cover a nice bit of ground all the same.

19. Brion Carroll (Cappincur) Younger brother of Eoin. The only Carroll brother that isn't currently ruled out due to a cruciate. There are 4 brothers. Bill his older brother is currently out with the dreaded injury. To be honest, I don't know much on him, so I gave some information instead.

20. Andrew Delaney (Shamrocks) Came on in the last two games. Looked a big man. Suitable for around the middle of the park to break things up.

21. Ed Bennett (Clonbullogue) Started the first day v Carlow. Missed the Louth game due to the Leaving Cert. I'd prefer Geoghegan meself. Looks a bit light.

22. Robin Galbraith (Bracknagh) Was brought on the last day in the half forward line. I feel that he's be more dangerous inside. Good player. Instrumental in Bracknagh winning the intermediate title in 2016.

23. Jack Darcy (Shannonbridge) Left footed. Good player. Kicked 0-8 in the Offaly u20 final.
Good player. Seems to have developed physically since last year, where he looked really light in action for his club. Came off the bench the last day and scored a goal. Kicked 0-02 with limited ball v Louth.

24. Séamus O'Brien (Clara) Came on the last day. Seems lively. Half back/forward.

LooseCannon

Interestingly enough, there are more from intermediate clubs such as Shannonbridge and Clonbullogue than there are from Tullamore, Edenderry, Clara, with no representatives from Rhode.

AZOffaly

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 29, 2018, 03:22:59 PM
Interestingly enough, there are more from intermediate clubs such as Shannonbridge and Clonbullogue than there are from Tullamore, Edenderry, Clara, with no representatives from Rhode.

Good to see the Ferbane lads coming through again. It's been too long.