Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

So Dubs still every chance of scraping through (Meath will defo their close neighbours a favour, half their team probably have Dub parents!). Although looking at those results it would seem a hammering v Kildare in the semis would be the ultimate fate if that did happen!

thejuice

Where did you get the tables from blowitup? I don't see them on the Leinster page.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 09:20:40 PM
:o :o :o
Time to split Wicklow!
The Wicklow Mountains are doing a fine enough job of that as it is.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thejuice on June 28, 2018, 07:26:34 AM
Where did you get the tables from blowitup? I don't see them on the Leinster page.

The Leinster GAA Twitter Account, an excellent resource in fairness to them.

@leinstergaa
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on June 28, 2018, 07:14:51 AM
So Dubs still every chance of scraping through (Meath will defo their close neighbours a favour, half their team probably have Dub parents!). Although looking at those results it would seem a hammering v Kildare in the semis would be the ultimate fate if that did happen!

The groups are very lopsided, group A much stronger. Took extra time to separate Kildare & Wicklow in the Fr Manning last year.

Meath should run their squad, they are guaranteed top spot.

Dublin have a different and successful strategy when it comes to development, I suspect the drop in a year has affected them the most. Their u20s play Meath this weekend, a much better indicator.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on June 28, 2018, 01:00:13 AM
We struggled tonight but dug deep with 14 men to get the vital scores in injury time. Bodes well but we can't afford to as play as poorly again. Only got 1-4 in the second half and goal came very late.

Where can I see the minor group tables? Who is number 2 in group 2?

Yeah, I saw the lads were 6 up in the 2nd half and that would be that.
Still though, every tight game you win is worth its weight in gold at this level.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2018, 10:12:16 AM
Quote from: thejuice on June 28, 2018, 01:00:13 AM
We struggled tonight but dug deep with 14 men to get the vital scores in injury time. Bodes well but we can't afford to as play as poorly again. Only got 1-4 in the second half and goal came very late.

Where can I see the minor group tables? Who is number 2 in group 2?

Yeah, I saw the lads were 6 up in the 2nd half and that would be that.
Still though, every tight game you win is worth its weight in gold at this level.

How much does a game weigh?

Jinxy

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2018, 10:23:11 AM
Games against Offaly weigh more than most.

I hope so, it would be nice to get back to that position!

Jinxy

And not just because of the pints & fags.  ;)
Offaly have a habit of pulling the rug from under us at underage level.
I never trust ye!

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: Hound on June 28, 2018, 07:14:51 AM

The groups are very lopsided, group A much stronger. Took extra time to separate Kildare & Wicklow in the Fr Manning last year.

Meath should run their squad, they are guaranteed top spot.

Dublin have a different and successful strategy when it comes to development, I suspect the drop in a year has affected them the most. Their u20s play Meath this weekend, a much better indicator.
Ah Meath wouldnt wanna be going into the semis on the back of a defeat  :P

It would be interesting to know reasons behind Dublin being relatively poor at minor, but being reasonably successful at U20/21. My understanding is that after minor, most of the lads fall away from Dublin completely, and some will get called up in a year or two years for the 20s/21s. In the meantime they are back at their clubs, and so my view is that I think it is playing adult with the club that helps improve them a lot.

(And also, maybe oddly enough, the U21 Dublin championship is the least thought of and worst run of all competitions run by the Dublin county board!)

I was going to say Dublin have a chance against Meath in the U20s, but that Meath will most probably take them. But just checked the odds and Dubs are very warm favourites.  I've heard very little positive about the Dublin U20s this year!

AZOffaly

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2018, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
Paul Rouse is staying on as Offaly manager just to annoy Dinny.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/paul-rouse-set-to-stay-on-as-offaly-manager-after-promising-start-on-faithful-sideline-37059007.html

I'd have thought Dinny'd be delighted. He'll be too busy sorting out rows in Offaly to be starting them on Newstalk.

Great news, fecking clown. In charge of a football team and he doesn't rate Michael Donnellan and celebrating beating Antrim as if they won an All-Ireland. No wonder he's a sports historian, he lives in the past.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy