Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

So our reward for beating Kildare is to play Dublin in the semi, and if we beat them play Kildare again in the final (probably).  ???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LooseCannon

I'm going to make an out-there prediction.
Offaly are going to win the Leinster u20 Championship, and get to the all-Ireland.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:35:35 PM
So our reward for beating Kildare is to play Dublin in the semi, and if we beat them play Kildare again in the final (probably).  ???

Offaly might have been just as tough, they put Westmeath to the sword in more convincing fashion than Dublin did.

Jinxy

We topped our group and Dublin topped their group.
Someone explain to me how we're playing against each other in a semi-final.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 24, 2018, 11:41:04 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:35:35 PM

Offaly might have been just as tough, they put Westmeath to the sword in more convincing fashion than Dublin did.
And we decided to go for goals during a 5-10 minute period, getting none. Wasting countless attempts, whereas if we took points, the win would have been a lot more comprehensive.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:44:28 PM
Someone explain to me how we're playing against each other in a semi-final, and the 2nd place teams are in the other one.
Erm... we topped our group.

Wildweasel74

Offaly get to an-ireland, if they will get outta leinster they be playing Kerry

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Someone explain to me how we're playing against each other in a semi-final, and the 2nd place teams are in the other one.

Offaly topped their 3 team group too, Kildare the only team left who lost a game. It would have been logical for it to be set up with Meath and Dublin separated but the end result doesn't really matter too much as the 4 teams are probably well matched.

Jinxy

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 24, 2018, 11:46:27 PM
Erm... we topped our group.

I know, just edited.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 24, 2018, 11:46:40 PM
Offaly get to an-ireland, if they will get outta leinster they be playing Kerry
ah balls, I was banking on meeting Mayo or whoever wins/won Ulster.

Hound

Leinster minor football championship result from tonight:

Dublin 0-8 Wicklow 2-6

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Meath guaranteed to top the group and can knock Dublin out if they also manage to lose to Wicklow. Meath beat Offaly by a point tonight. Offaly can still scrape second but would need results to go their way.

Kildare had an extremely facile win over Laois where it finished 5-10 to 1-6. Kildare kicked awful wides and should have won by more. Kildare are guaranteed a semi final place and will more than likely top the group. Laois are in second but if Longford beat Kildare in the final round Longford will go through also. Group A is probably a higher standard.

thejuice

We struggled tonight but dug deep with 14 men to get the vital scores in injury time. Bodes well but we can't afford to as play as poorly again. Only got 1-4 in the second half and goal came very late.

Where can I see the minor group tables? Who is number 2 in group 2?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose