Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Cunny Funt

Great stuff from Longford. Dublin 18 points ahead at HT if Wicklow are playing a blanket its full of holes.

The Boy Wonder

seafoid

Meath and Kildare are the sick men of Leinster fuball but to see the 2 of them bet on the one day by Longford and Carlow is dochreidte.
What a day for the 2 counties.
I presume there was a Mullinalaghta input in the Meath match.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

Quote from: thejuice on April 13, 2018, 11:17:59 PM
Longford beating Meath won't be a shock and the venue won't make a huge difference. We don't have the talent to do anything to begin with and there's more talk of lads leaving the squad since the league ended. Longford are looking more and more like a worthwhile bet at 5/2.

Feck it, I shouldn't have kept me money in me pocket.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare bounced back from similar losses to Wicklow in 2008 and Louth in 2010 to having good seasons but unlike McGeeney in those years there has been no signs of Dr Cian learning from his mistakes. We were set up perfectly for Carlow all year and nothing was done to come up with a plan to play with such a tricky opponent. Also the continuation of playing numerous players in roles that don't suit them and the late introduction of Eamon Callaghan was pathetic, he was once a good servant for Kildare football but hasn't had a good game in over 3 years and doesn't stand out at club level.

Hopefully Carlow make the final now and give Dublin another scare, they are the only team in Leinster smart enough to be competitive with them.

LaurelEye

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Meath and Kildare are the sick men of Leinster fuball but to see the 2 of them bet on the one day by Longford and Carlow is dochreidte.

5 out of 15 starters (Fox, McElligott, two McGivneys and Brady) and 7 out of 16 points.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Rossfan

Well done the Larries and Scallions.
Time to amalgamate or just abolish Meath and Kildare.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: LaurelEye on May 27, 2018, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 05:09:27 PM

5 out of 15 starters (Fox, McElligott, two McGivneys and Brady) and 7 out of 16 points.
Great experience.
Would come in handy in a theoretical Leinster Club Championship.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tippabu

I expected longford to win today but Carlow beating kildare was a massive shock to me. Ill be honest i thought carlow were getting far too much credit for the last two years as they had really beaten nobody of note (Dublin and monaghan good performances i put down to them not playing 100%), after today i can say i was wrong, I rated kildare alot higher than they deserved and rated carlow still alot lot lower than they deserved. Brilliant win today and it would be great to see them make the leinster final now

Shamrock Shore

Didn't honestly know what to expect today. But one thing I didn't expect was to see Meath line up the same way as our O'Byrne Cup semi-final. In other words 13 men behind the ball and letting Longford control large amount of possession. Had we been smarter with some shots we could have been home and hosed in second half. But Meath did miss perhaps 3 clear goal chances and they too had some bad wides. I didn't see the sending off - it certainly made a difference to Meath.

All in all a win - over a big boy which is rare. Meath supporters were very deflated all throughout. It was like they knew that Meath were in a bad place and that defeat was inevitable. But with 10 to go we were 5 up which Meath reduced to 1 so I was bricking it. A marvellous save from Longford goalie Paddy Colum with 4 to go was something special. Have Colum been playing for Liverpool last night.........

One question for the Meath boys. How can the county champions (Simonstown Gaels) have not one player on the entire panel?

Next up - the Dubs. First time we have not been in Rd1 of Qualifiers.

This will test us. Dublin are on the up so we'll have to play well to qualify for our first Leinster final in 50 years. If we keep an eye on one or two of their better than average players then it should be grand.

Already I have the LONGFORD - LEINSTER FINAL 2018 (V CARLOW) t-shirts ordered on some Chinese website. I'll take orders for anyone interested....

twohands!!!

The last team to get relegated from Division 1 with 7 losses (Down in 2016) lost both their championship games that year (to Monaghan and to Longford)

The draw tomorrow is crucial for Kildare.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 27, 2018, 10:32:26 PM
The last team to get relegated from Division 1 with 7 losses (Down in 2016) lost both their championship games that year (to Monaghan and to Longford)

The draw tomorrow is crucial for Kildare.

Doesn't really matter, O'Neill is finished regardless and getting the 2019 backroom team set up early would be nice.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Congrats Carlow, full value for that win, mighty stuff (and Longford too)!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

twohands!!!

According to Dont Foul, Carlow scored 2-14 from 16 attempts - a 100% shooting return.
He tweeted he has nothing like it in his database of games.
You often hear of games where everything you hit goes over but Carlow managed this today.