Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 29, 2018, 03:21:18 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 02:26:03 PM
Thanks LC, nice post. Under pressure to make this as I am flying to France in the morning and have things to do.

Will be tight, just not sure of this Kildare team, they strike me as a team than think they are perhaps better than they are, might be harsh but I wouldn't back them to win a tight game.
Sure didn't that Hyland lad shoot the lights out?
He seems to be a talented chap.
Now the subs.
16. Jack Cullinane (Ferbane) Taller than Rohan. Not as good a shot-stopper, or on kickouts. Rohan has the ability to kick frees also, which I've never seen Cullinane do.

17. Michael Wren (Ferbane) Sticky corner back. Solid option.

18. David Nally (Ferbane) Baller. Two footed. Lacks pace unfortunately, and doesn't come across as the fittest. Still would cover a nice bit of ground all the same.

19. Brion Carroll (Cappincur) Younger brother of Eoin. The only Carroll brother that isn't currently ruled out due to a cruciate. There are 4 brothers. Bill his older brother is currently out with the dreaded injury. To be honest, I don't know much on him, so I gave some information instead.

20. Andrew Delaney (Shamrocks) Came on in the last two games. Looked a big man. Suitable for around the middle of the park to break things up.

21. Ed Bennett (Clonbullogue) Started the first day v Carlow. Missed the Louth game due to the Leaving Cert. I'd prefer Geoghegan meself. Looks a bit light.

22. Robin Galbraith (Bracknagh) Was brought on the last day in the half forward line. I feel that he's be more dangerous inside. Good player. Instrumental in Bracknagh winning the intermediate title in 2016.

23. Jack Darcy (Shannonbridge) Left footed. Good player. Kicked 0-8 in the Offaly u20 final.
Good player. Seems to have developed physically since last year, where he looked really light in action for his club. Came off the bench the last day and scored a goal. Kicked 0-02 with limited ball v Louth.

24. Séamus O'Brien (Clara) Came on the last day. Seems lively. Half back/forward.

Jimmy Hyland would be close to starting Saturday if he was available but he's being allowed play 20s, right decision as he's only recovering from a cruciate. The Clonbullogue and Bracknagh lads would know Jimmy well as they played together when Rathangan won the AI Schools C' a couple of years ago. Brian McLoughlin will Kildare's key man, I would be a big fan and think he has a big future, delighted he's fit to start.
#newbridgeornowhere

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 29, 2018, 03:25:12 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on June 29, 2018, 03:22:59 PM
Interestingly enough, there are more from intermediate clubs such as Shannonbridge and Clonbullogue than there are from Tullamore, Edenderry, Clara, with no representatives from Rhode.

Good to see the Ferbane lads coming through again. It's been too long.
If you're from Ferbane  ???

I'd actually rate Nally as the best footballer of the lot of yer lads. Lacks that bit of pace. Technically very good. Johnson obviously an outrageous talent.

Don't worry, Rhode are coming...eventually!
They're u13 team, I think are slaughtering everyone, both in and outside the county. Mind you, they'll have a couple of Croghan lads, perhaps the odd Clonmore native.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare 3-14 Offaly 2-5

Game was effectively over as a contest after ten minutes with Kildare 2-5 to 0-0 ahead. McLoughlin was in sparkling form although only he will know what was going through his head for the black card. I was also impressed by Nash on the forty tonight.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare won by 3-14 2-05.
A solid enough performance based on a very quick start as it was 2-05 to 0-00 after 7 minutes. Offaly were not prepared for Kildare's high press and were not able to cope with Nash at centre forward and McLoughlin at full. Kildare let them back into it as the half wore on and 2 goals brought Offaly back into it before half time. O'Neill is still not a convincing shot stopper. Ht 2-07 2-01.
In the second half Kildare started brightly again knocking over some early points before a flowing counter attacking move resulted in a McLoughlin goal which finished the game off, after that it got scrappy enough.

Offaly are probably not as bad as the result suggests but they failed to get going today and Cian Johnston was well marshalled by Mark Barrett who is almost turning into a carbon copy of Mark Dempsey who was also excellent. Masterson covers some ground for a big man.

Jinxy

Big game this evening in Navan.
As nice as it is to beat the Dubs at minor level, a win this evening would be massive for us.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Meath 1-05
Dublin 1-08

Half time. Started poorly. We were down 1-06 to 0-02 after 15 minutes but we're slowly getting back into it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Meath 2-10
Dublin 4-16
:(
If you take a form-line through us Dublin have to be massive favourites for the Kildare game.

The Hill is Blue

Good win in the end for the Dubs

Dublin 4-16
Meath 2-10
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

thejuice

Disappointing in the end to have lost by so much. I thought we'd be much closer. Shows how much we still need to do to get back to being competitive. That said there are still some good lads among this group that will make a big contribution to the seniors in a few years.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Meath making 12 changes for their game against Wicklow in the minor championship. Hopefully Wicklow can do the business against a fresh Meath team who will be doing their utmost to maintain the integrity of the competition.

Jinxy

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Just seen that the semi finals are scheduled for Saturday, Kildare have zero incentive to put out a strong team against Longford so even if it might be harsh on Laois (who aren't up to much anyway). If Kildare lose by 14 points however it will be a Kildare Meath semi final.

Hound

Jeez, that's a short turnaround. Would be silly of Kildare and Meath not to give other lads a chance to stake their claims in the circumstances.

All the pressure still on the Wicklow lads. If they win they'll fully deserve their semi final place.