A half a loaf is better than......

Started by The Boy Wonder, October 07, 2008, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boy Wonder

.........a full sliced pan. My wife shops in our local Superquinn and has noticed of late that Old Mr. B's full sliced pans were a day older that than his half-pans. Today she saw the delivery man stacking the shelves and queried him. He says that the policy is not to put out today's bread whilst yesterday's loaves remain on the shelf.

Now we all know Old Mr B's slogan - "Today's bread today". His wrappers also proclaim this. Boring old farts like myself will know that today's bread will show a Best Before Date of 4 days from today and we all know that mass produced sliced pans are only "fresh" for a couple of days at most.

It might be just an isolated incident but I've complained to Mr B's company and Superquinn because lot of people will just pick up a sliced pan assuming it is fresh.

maggie

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on October 07, 2008, 11:53:56 PM
.........a full sliced pan. My wife shops in our local Superquinn and has noticed of late that Old Mr. B's full sliced pans were a day older that than his half-pans. Today she saw the delivery man stacking the shelves and queried him. He says that the policy is not to put out today's bread whilst yesterday's loaves remain on the shelf.

Now we all know Old Mr B's slogan - "Today's bread today". His wrappers also proclaim this. Boring old farts like myself will know that today's bread will show a Best Before Date of 4 days from today and we all know that mass produced sliced pans are only "fresh" for a couple of days at most.

It might be just an isolated incident but I've complained to Mr B's company and Superquinn because lot of people will just pick up a sliced pan assuming it is fresh.

You should stick with Pat-so fresh its famous.

Gnevin

And this is GAA related as it's Nickey Brennan's bread right?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Gnevin on October 07, 2008, 11:57:46 PM
And this is GAA related as it's Nickey Brennan's bread right?

Sorry....meant to post to non-GAA Discussion. Doh !

Yes I Would

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 08, 2008, 09:48:48 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 08, 2008, 12:01:11 AM
I don't like that bread.

Do you like anything or anyone Pints?
Yeah I like loads of people. I like the posters on this thread (though I don't know much about boy wonder).  That could change at anytime though. I quite like SuperQuinns bread they make themselves though it's a bit on the dear side.  It's actually about the only bread I really like but I can't get it very often. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?