Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2024, 10:08:19 PMThe goal of Oct 7 was to show the true face of Israel to the world. Today the Attorney general spoke at the ICJ about Israeli settlers. Mission accomplished.
If that was the goal of oct 7, then it was a perverse masochistic act where Hamas leadership knowing their militia could in no way protect the Palestinian civilians, deliberately provoked the reaction of Israel and expected the mass slaughter of the innocents but were at peace with that plan because it would show the true face of Israel to the world?
That would point to Hamas leadership cynically and sadistically not giving a damn about the slaughter of the innocents but look to the propaganda value of such
Maybe that played a part, who knows with Hamas.
I would also look to who also benefits from this imposed conflict, namely the barely concealed hidden hands of Iran, Syria and Russia.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Main Street on February 22, 2024, 11:31:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2024, 10:08:19 PMThe goal of Oct 7 was to show the true face of Israel to the world. Today the Attorney general spoke at the ICJ about Israeli settlers. Mission accomplished.
If that was the goal of oct 7, then it was a perverse masochistic act where Hamas leadership knowing their militia could in no way protect the Palestinian civilians, deliberately provoked the reaction of Israel and expected the mass slaughter of the innocents but were at peace with that plan because it would show the true face of Israel to the world?
That would point to Hamas leadership cynically and sadistically not giving a damn about the slaughter of the innocents but look to the propaganda value of such
I would also look to who also benefits from this imposed conflict, namely the barely concealed hidden hands of Iran, Syria and Russia.

Russia/Syria/Iran!!!

the palestinan struggle and resistence is 75 year old, since the nakba. Hamas aren't the first or only resistence group. Hamas goals etc. are set out in its charter and in numerous briefing it has held since Oct 7. (they were online at the time and I assume still available). Hamas since taking power in Gaza have offered numerous peace initiatives and recently had the terms for a ceasefire rejected by Israel. Why not look them all up rather than engage in conjecture and saying who knows with Hamas!!

johnnycool

When you've nothing left to lose what Hamas did on the 7th of October is understandable, that doesn't make it right but even those bastions of freedom, the Chinese recognise the rights of the occupied and oppressed to defend themselves.
Almost half of those killed by Hamas were IDF or security services which is a pretty decent strike rate compared to the IDF before and after that day.

Context of what Palestinians were living with day in and day out prior to this day is conveniently forgotten about by those in the West, irrespective of Hamas in Gaza as the same was and is happening in the West Bank right now with no Hamas involvement.

The world now sees the US and the EU enablers of this genocide for what they are.

Keyser soze

No need to look too hard for barely concealed hidden hands of those who benefit as they are in plain sight. The people enabling and cheerleading a genocide as they send billions in weapons to bomb children and women.

Sure they are all on TV every day of the week with comments such as 'kill them all' when asked about a ceasefire or proudly voting to stop funding to relief organizations.

These are the people benefitting with cash from AIPAC and other lobby groups such as weapons manufacturers who are making a killing from this.

So no need to to go looking for Reds under the Beds or Abduls in the Attic in this case mate.

bennydorano

A good reply Main Street to more Seafoid nonsense. October 7th was a terrorist atrocity, conducted with no thought for what their own people were likely to endure in response. It was uber blood sacrafice bullshit. The retrospective revisionism is sickening my hole. The subsequent genocidal acts of Israel in no way make the actions of Oct 7th any less awful.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: bennydorano on February 23, 2024, 11:14:46 AM

A good reply Main Street to more Seafoid nonsense. October 7th was a terrorist atrocity, conducted with no thought for what their own people were likely to endure in response. It was uber blood sacrafice bullshit. The retrospective revisionism is sickening my hole. The subsequent genocidal acts of Israel in no way make the actions of Oct 7th any less awful.

go on benny whats the retrospective revisionism?

bennydorano

In the last page of posts here - "The goal of Oct 7 was to show the true face of Israel to the world".

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: bennydorano on February 23, 2024, 12:03:20 PMIn the last page of posts here - "The goal of Oct 7 was to show the true face of Israel to the world".

Sorry, I ignore seafoid for the most part. Anything else? I would agrue that your response that there was no thought for their own people and uber blood sacrifice is also way off the mark...

bennydorano

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 23, 2024, 12:09:35 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 23, 2024, 12:03:20 PMIn the last page of posts here - "The goal of Oct 7 was to show the true face of Israel to the world".

Sorry, I ignore seafoid for the most part. Anything else? I would agrue that your response that there was no thought for own people and user blood sacrifice is also way off the mark...
The 29,000+ dead & millions displaced & homeless might disagree with you on that - if they could. I expected savage ruthlessness from Israel in response (they've surpassed that tenfold), what did Hamas expect?

Denn Forever

Can't say anything that happens or has happened is a supprise.

It is like it is a game that may be played by Dungeon and Dragons players just to play something different.

AS Shakespeare said, A plague on  both your houses
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

It really wasn't. Netanyahu had convinced Israelis that the Palestinian issue was sorted out. A security system kept them locked up. Saudi was about to sign a deal with Israel. the arabs didn't care.

Everything is different now.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Sorry, I ignore seafoid for the most part. Anything else? I would agrue that your response that there was no thought for their own people and uber blood sacrifice is also way off the mark...

Benny was clearly at the Hamas October 7th planning meetings

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: bennydorano on February 23, 2024, 12:24:15 PM

Sorry, I ignore seafoid for the most part. Anything else? I would agrue that your response that there was no thought for own people and user blood sacrifice is also way off the mark...
The 29,000+ dead & millions displaced & homeless might disagree with you on that - if they could. I expected savage ruthlessness from Israel in response (they've surpassed that tenfold), what did Hamas expect?

so even your expectation of Israeli response is tenfold, I doubt anyone (including Hamas) would have expected the level of moral cowardice of the Us/Uk/EU and that they actually  support and arm Israel in its ongoing genocide.

I cannot tell what Hamas expected, its not something I remember them commenting on but I might try and read their statements again, but as above I doubt they expected a genocide supported by the West.