Quote from: omaghjoe on April 27, 2018, 09:43:28 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on April 27, 2018, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2018, 04:29:29 PM
Quote from: AQMP on April 27, 2018, 04:02:47 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 27, 2018, 10:27:01 AM
There is a Referendum debate on Late late Show tonight shud be interesting

Oh f**k, please...no

Wonder who'll be on it?

I'd imagine there will be a couple of reasonable people to whom facts are important and who have thought through the issues in a calm and considered manner on the Yes side, and a couple of backward, shouting, lying ignoramuses to whom facts are irrelevant on the No side.

A Various selection of facts are important on the Yes side, like they are on the No side,

I suspect tho that for many on both sides appearing to be associated or disassociated with a certain ideology and castigating those with a different opinion is more important than looking at the subject and forming your own opinion based on logically applying your own principles.

Err, yet more attempted false equivalences on GAABoard. I can assure you the Yes side are far more worried about women having control over their own bodies than they are what the other side thinks. To suggest otherwise is franklyin insulting.

Im sure you would never resort to ad hominen Syerfus ...oh hang on.... you don't but .... you just did?

It also seems that what your saying is the right to choose for a woman supersedes the right to life for a child, is that right?

Zzzzzzzzz.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2018, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on April 27, 2018, 11:09:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2018, 10:56:59 PM

Oh f**k, please...no

Wonder who'll be on it?

I'd imagine there will be a couple of reasonable people to whom facts are important and who have thought through the issues in a calm and considered manner on the Yes side, and a couple of backward, shouting, lying ignoramuses to whom facts are irrelevant on the No side.

A Various selection of facts are important on the Yes side, like they are on the No side,

I suspect tho that for many on both sides appearing to be associated or disassociated with a certain ideology and castigating those with a different opinion is more important than looking at the subject and forming your own opinion based on logically applying your own principles.

Err, yet more attempted false equivalences on GAABoard. I can assure you the Yes side are far more worried about women having control over their own bodies than they are what the other side thinks. To suggest otherwise is franklyin insulting.

Im sure you would never resort to ad hominen Syerfus ...oh hang on.... you don't but .... you just did?

It also seems that what your saying is the right to choose for a woman supersedes the right to life for a child, is that right?

Zzzzzzzzz.

Ignore it if you want Sy but thats what the vast majority of on demand abortion cases boil down to.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2018, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on April 27, 2018, 11:09:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2018, 10:56:59 PM

Oh f**k, please...no

Wonder who'll be on it?

Zzzzzzzzz.

Easy on the medication. Its meant for the sheep only
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Jinxy

Another example of the potential for association with either side.
People standing outside GAA grounds.
https://twitter.com/SaveEighth/status/990148021416493057
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Jinxy on April 28, 2018, 12:05:27 PM
Another example of the potential for association with either side.
People standing outside GAA grounds.
https://twitter.com/SaveEighth/status/990148021416493057

Its natural that canvassers will go where the crowds are. It happens at every election.
What annoys me is when having a few pints in the clubhouse the local gombeen is brought in by the Chairman to press the flesh and we are told how he was great help getting the Lottery grant for the all weather pitch.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

longballin

I see a video of Petie Harte in a Tyrone jersey and other 'GAA athletes' in their team jerseys supporting NO vote. Cynical use of their GAA status. Is also issue of sponsor's name on the jersey. Did they ask their counties-clubs or sponsors for endorsement to wear their kits? Tyrone jersey or not, Harte doesn't represent me as a member of the GAA in Tyrone.

longballin

Quote from: hardstation on April 30, 2018, 06:46:26 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 12:12:40 PM
I see a video of Petie Harte in a Tyrone jersey and other 'GAA athletes' in their team jerseys supporting NO vote. Cynical use of their GAA status. Is also issue of sponsor's name on the jersey. Did they ask their counties-clubs or sponsors for endorsement to wear their kits? Tyrone jersey or not, Harte doesn't represent me as a member of the GAA in Tyrone.
You don't need permission to wear a jersey. I'd say you'd see loads of Tyrone tops on show at Sinn Fein or dissident rallies. It doesn't mean Tyrone GAA endorses these organisations or their views.

When it's a group called GAA athletes is exploiting position on county team to peddle his agenda. Sponsor name seems pixulated out so he knows the craic...

southtyronegael

where did you see this longballin? and why would he even be wearing a tyrone jersey if its nothing to do with football?

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 30, 2018, 09:04:26 PM
where did you see this longballin? and why would he even be wearing a tyrone jersey if its nothing to do with football?

Is on a Facebook vote NO site. Yer man Forker and a few others on it too.

southtyronegael

Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 30, 2018, 09:04:26 PM

Is on a Facebook vote NO site. Yer man Forker and a few others on it too.
cheers.

southtyronegael

just watched this 'gaelic athletes for life' video. they may have dropped the 'gaa' name but still very cynical use of the gaa. no suprise to see mickeys nephew having his say, but why did he have to wear a tyrone jersey to do it?

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 30, 2018, 10:25:18 PM
just watched this 'gaelic athletes for life' video. they may have dropped the 'gaa' name but still very cynical use of the gaa. no suprise to see mickeys nephew having his say, but why did he have to wear a tyrone jersey to do it?

Very thing I ask. When he plays he represents me but doesn't give him licence to assume he represents our political views 

imtommygunn

So is it any relation you have it in for now too?

southtyronegael

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 01, 2018, 07:33:45 AM

So is it any relation you have it in for now too?
i have absolutely nothing against peter harte. i just dont like to see the tyrone jersey being used as political tool, especially in such a divisive referendum. same goes for any tyrone player.

Jinxy

The main reason I think the GPA will stay out of this (unlike the last referendum), and not seek the views of their members, is that it could reveal a significant North/South divide.
If you were any use you'd be playing.