Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: ONeill on April 04, 2014, 10:18:32 PM
Quote from: CD on April 04, 2014, 10:15:07 PM
Is it just me or did that count start at 6!!

The count starts as soon as he's down. The ref sends the opponent away, then looks at the timekeeper and takes over.

Thought that - he was certainly down for over 10! Great hit - my head was spinning just looking at it!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

J OGorman

8 then 10 is right...madness

ONeill

Yes, the ref's fingers definitely went from 8 to 10.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Weird one that. Dunne saying he'd have finished him off anyway but that's speculation. He seemed fairly clear-headed when remonstrating with the ref straight away.

Tables turned and Frampton got up in the same circumstances, there'd have been a riot.

J OGorman

Agreed.....thought none of them gave that old warrior any respect there.  Has had 15 world title fights. Hasnt been stopped since 1999. Trains hard, travels across the world and doesn't get a fair craic because of a complete and utter cockup by the ref

Not Framptons fault. Class act in and out of the ring. Superb boxer. World champion before the year is out

bridgegael

never saw fight.  did the ref make a balls of it?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ONeill

Frampton knocked him down with a clinker. He stayed on one knee, winked at his corner, smiled at Frampton and seemed OK to continue. The ref counted 6....7....8...10. He jumped up at 10 to say what the feck.

Milltown Row2

Aye back from fight. We all said same thing. Very strange but in fairness i think Carl would have won out. Started really well and kept up pressure. Seems I might be off to Vegas if this continues.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2014, 11:54:33 PM
Very strange but in fairness i think Carl would have won out.

Impossible to say so early.

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2014, 11:54:33 PM
Aye back from fight. We all said same thing. Very strange but in fairness i think Carl would have won out. Started really well and kept up pressure. Seems I might be off to Vegas if this continues.

How were the afters MR? I went to a fight in the Kings Hall a few years back and it was complete madness inside and outside afterwards! Lads fighting all over the shop!

The atmosphere looked amazing - great to see in Belfast!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Its always simmering but last night nothing kicked off and it was a great atmosphere.

Yes O'Neil impossible to say. He could have lost. Or he could have won. He'd be fit to give him a rematch but can't see it happening. The lads done well and hopefully this leads to a shot at a title soon.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0405/606923-nevin-mullingar/

Boxer John Joe Nevin Nevin suffers broken leg in Mullingar assault

Some toe-rags in Mullingar.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0405/606923-nevin-mullingar/

Boxer John Joe Nevin Nevin suffers broken leg in Mullingar assault

Some toe-rags in Mullingar.

According to the official statement he was attacked by "two cousins, one with a golf club and one with a stick"........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Was watching prize fighter there, christ it's good craic!!

bridgegael

big enzos corner pulled him out after the fifth round with a ba eye, suspected broken eye socket/cheekbone. took heart to fight like for four rounds. this will prob be the end for him now.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"