Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2017, 08:59:46 PM
People keep talking about McGregor winning titles at 2 weights! But g he didnt even defend one if them! When he fighting the no 1 rated fighter at his current weight and not someone like diaz who only rated 5th or6th

But he beat both the champions of each division, as well as some of the top ranked featherweights. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Will anyone here NOT be tuning in to have a look at this (and save the 'but i wont be paying for it')? I see it as nothing more than a bit of craic, and tbh, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

MoChara

Quote from: JoG2 on July 18, 2017, 09:36:22 AM
Will anyone here NOT be tuning in to have a look at this (and save the 'but i wont be paying for it')? I see it as nothing more than a bit of craic, and tbh, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Exactly it has crossing into Sports Entertainment, I'll be watching it for sure for the entertainment value not the quality of boxing.

Targetman

Wouldn't miss it, should be some craic, i wonder what entrance Mc Gregor will make, any ideas?

screenexile

I'll watch it but more for nosiness than anything else.

Kind of like the way two drunk lads start squaring up in the kebab shop and you go "ah for f**k sake look at these two dickheads" but you still watch the scrap because it's just human nature!

yellowcard

Quote from: JoG2 on July 18, 2017, 09:36:22 AM

Have yet to watch any of McGregors fights live and I won't be changing for this farce. If it was at a decent hour I'd watch it but I'm not overly interested in UFC bouts to interrupt my sleep pattern, least of all this mismatch. I suspect the viewing figures will be huge in the US though.

PAULD123

I'll probably watch it. But agree this is an entertainment production it is not a serious sporting contest. I want McGregor to win simply because he's Irish. But Mayweather knocking him out would be a more appropriate result for anyone who appreciates the technical skills of boxing. Also Mayweather is such a monumental asshole that its very hard to say anything good about him.

bennydorano

How many will pay for it tho? This board is full of knaves who pay for nuttin.

ONeill

It's the night before the potential Tyrone/Dublin semi? Or the morning of it. Some bleary eyes in Croke that day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

LilySavage

No interest in Mcgregor after the NY press conference. Feel sorry for anyone who thinks that's entertainment or funny or witty. The guys an embarassment.

screenexile

magpie seanie

Taylor

Give me a break Dave.
Just because he is arrogant doesn't lessen his achievements.

Would far rather we put him on a pedestal (for his acheievements) than boast about being gracious losers and the best supporters at a tournament.

Why do the Irish have to be humble about their achievements?

nrico2006

Quote from: Taylor on July 27, 2017, 10:27:25 AM
Give me a break Dave.
Just because he is arrogant doesn't lessen his achievements.

Would far rather we put him on a pedestal (for his acheievements) than boast about being gracious losers and the best supporters at a tournament.

Why do the Irish have to be humble about their achievements?

Well said.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'