Manchester Arena

Started by Dougal Maguire, May 22, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I was thinking of the generation gap for that song. It was 20 years ago. The audience was not around then.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

I like to think that as good mancs they were all just appalled at Chris Martin singing both songs.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on June 04, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
That's what I thought as well - it would have turned into the Oasis show and taken away from the poignancy of the whole thing. Not the right audience either . Live Forever, don't look back in anger etc are Manchester anthems, bit other than that, the crowd were there for Bieber and Niall Horan and Miley Cyrus and, of course Ariana Grande.

Have to say she's come across very well through all of this. Didn't know much about her before but she's got a serious set of pipes on her and deserves a lot of credit for her reaction to everything.
She had some work to do after the original concert as it appeared that she ran away and hid. Concert not to my taste (apart from Katy Perry  :-*) but it was a serious lineup for the teen crowd.

Syferus

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 04, 2017, 11:14:08 PM
That's what I thought as well - it would have turned into the Oasis show and taken away from the poignancy of the whole thing. Not the right audience either . Live Forever, don't look back in anger etc are Manchester anthems, bit other than that, the crowd were there for Bieber and Niall Horan and Miley Cyrus and, of course Ariana Grande.

Have to say she's come across very well through all of this. Didn't know much about her before but she's got a serious set of pipes on her and deserves a lot of credit for her reaction to everything.
She had some work to do after the original concert as it appeared that she ran away and hid. Concert not to my taste (apart from Katy Perry  :-*) but it was a serious lineup for the teen crowd.

Ya what? What the fück would you do if 22 people died because they cared enough about you to pay money to see you perform? That's a seriously heavy weight for anyone to carry.

Tubberman

Ran away and hid? She's 22 or 23 and organised a concert with some of the biggest pop stars in the world within a week. I don't think that's running away from anything
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

gallsman

Ran away and hid?! What is she supposed to do?! Probably absolutely devastated and inconsolable, more then likely plagued with guilt and needed to be around family etc.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tubberman on June 04, 2017, 11:51:04 PM

Ran away and hid? She's 22 or 23 and organised a concert with some of the biggest pop stars in the world within a week. I don't think that's running away from anything
LOL Yeah she's a 22 or 23 year old sitting in her Ma's bedroom organising it. I'm sure her label (that small boutique label called Universal) had no part in it  :D

And I didn't say she ran away - she was criticised in the press.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2017, 12:00:46 AM
And I didn't say she ran away - she was criticised in the press.

No, you literally said in your post "she ran away and hid"

gallsman

Ah, I see, you're suggesting that because it "appeared" she ran away and hid, she came back and did it as a PR exercise? I think that's a load of balls to be honest.

seafoid

She made Piers Morgan look like a gobshite. Seriously impressive lady. The line up was like the royalty of pop music. It was a real mood lifter.

imtommygunn

Piers morgan makes piers morgan look like a gobshite. No one else needs to do anything. Odious man. As odious and irrelevant as katie hopkins.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2017, 12:24:08 AM
Ah, I see, you're suggesting that because it "appeared" she ran away and hid, she came back and did it as a PR exercise? I think that's a load of balls to be honest.
Jeez gallsman you were all over the place there lad. You'd have been better going to bed instead of making a w**ker of yourself. I'm sure it won't be the last time though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2017, 07:24:15 AM
Piers morgan makes piers morgan look like a gobshite. No one else needs to do anything. Odious man. As odious and irrelevant as katie hopkins.
Aye it was that p***k that stirred it up saying she ran away. He'll be foaming at the success of the concert. He has the wit to stay on the side of good taste in his contrarian views buy he'll get caught out (and sacked) at some stage.

PS Gallsman it wasn't a PR stunt. She didn't have to do it, visiting her fans in hospital would have been enough.

seafoid

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2017, 07:38:06 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2017, 12:24:08 AM
Jeez gallsman you were all over the place there lad. You'd have been better going to bed instead of making a w**ker of yourself. I'm sure it won't be the last time though.

I misunderstood the point you trying to make, fair enough.

Don't think she needed to do anything. As stated, c***ts like Morgan only interested in the clicks and controversy.