Pacts in the North.

Started by T Fearon, April 25, 2017, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Seems like the tribes cannot even agree themselves internally on candidates and which constituencies to step aside from etc.Another example of the utterly failed philosophies of unionism and nationalism and the splits therein.

laoislad

Brilliant. Another thread about the North.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omaghjoe

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2017, 10:51:13 PM
Brilliant. Another thread about the North.

Its Funny, I rarely look in the Golf or soccer threads

JPGJOHNNYG

The greens have sunk the antibrexit alliance. Disapointed. I know bailey instead of mcdonnell in south belfast is not a bad idea but they couldnt honestly believe the sitting MP would step aside when he gets triple their vote. Dont know why they couldnt let bailey go for north belfast or something. The abortion talk is pish i thought the pact was about brexit if it was about other issues then why discuss pact in the first place. Still i back them over Alliance. Alliance claiming they entered a nationalist sectarian pact. The fact the greens and possible independents involved means alliance are talking shite. My respect for them has dropped significantly in the last few days.

armaghniac

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 25, 2017, 11:16:44 PM
The greens have sunk the antibrexit alliance. Disapointed. I know bailey instead of mcdonnell in south belfast is not a bad idea but they couldnt honestly believe the sitting MP would step aside when he gets triple their vote. Dont know why they couldnt let bailey go for north belfast or something. The abortion talk is pish i thought the pact was about brexit if it was about other issues then why discuss pact in the first place. Still i back them over Alliance. Alliance claiming they entered a nationalist sectarian pact. The fact the greens and possible independents involved means alliance are talking shite. My respect for them has dropped significantly in the last few days.

As you say, neither Alliance nor the Greens come out of this with any credit. Alliance for characterising it as a nationalist pact, when it was their refusal to join that made it so and the Greens for a gratuitous comment about abortion, which would be decided in Stormont anyway and where allowing the DUP get elected would not be lead to any different outcome. It is sad that civic society has not managed any sort of anti Brexit gathering of any sort, that you cannot oppose Brexit just because SF happen to be in against it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on April 25, 2017, 10:49:04 PM
Seems like the tribes cannot even agree themselves internally on candidates and which constituencies to step aside from etc.Another example of the utterly failed philosophies of unionism and nationalism and the splits therein.
It is par for the course in the UK at the moment. The Tories and the Unionists wont address how potential dangerous Brexit is. The referendum opeed a Pandora Box.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on April 25, 2017, 10:49:04 PM

Its as bad across the water. The pro Brexit Tories will win lots of seats even though there will be a majority voting against them in many constituencies
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

north_antrim_hound

Alliance get most of their votes from unionist strongholds
Any pact with nationalist would swing a lot of their vote back over to unionist I would have thought
It's the only reason I can see
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Ronnie

Naomi Long will most likely win East Belfast.  IMO David Forde could win in East Londonderry, North Belfast, South Belfast, Upper Bann or North Down if his manifesto committed to ensuring a single market with the Republic of Ireland.  SF and SDLP could probably live with that.  Any word on where Claire Sugden is standing? Your constituency will always be DUP.

T Fearon

Claire Sugden is an MLA not a Westminster candidate

OakleafCounty

South Belfast is the only seat the Green Party could have had a chance of winning so there's nothing in it for them. Why would they say yes to being used as a pawn by Colm Eastwood for no reward. 

Keyser soze

I must say you are giving me a good laugh Ronnie, your lack of knowledge exceeded only by the absolute conviction with which you propound your predictions. I really hope you're not a WUM.

Ronnie

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 27, 2017, 09:27:12 AM
I must say you are giving me a good laugh Ronnie, your lack of knowledge exceeded only by the absolute conviction with which you propound your predictions. I really hope you're not a WUM.

No. I wouldnt be regarded as funny. Thanks

stew

Brexit is happening and the liberals need to accept that, the people voted so why do we need to vote again?????

It seems to me the liberal snowflakes the world over want do overs when they dont get what they want, f**k them! The rules of democracy need to be applied everywhere and I would bor be a fan of brexit, i simply accept the will of the people.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.