European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 12, 2018, 12:02:45 PM
Was said on BT sports last night its the first time that the last 4 of the CL has had one team from England,Spain,Italy and Germany. You have to go back to 1981 for the last time that happened in the European cup and back then Liverpool beat Bayern Munich in the semi final and Real Madrid in the final and i think that was Madrids last final defeat? the omens are all stacking in Liverpools favour.

Yeah. Unfortunately Hansen, Dalglish, Rush, Souness and the great Alan Kennedy are not playing for Liverpool, and Ronaldo is playing for Madrid :)

sid waddell

If Ronaldo plays like he did last night, and history shows that's how he usually plays in the really big matches, Liverpool have little to fear from Real Madrid.

DuffleKing

Quote from: sid waddell on April 12, 2018, 12:09:11 PM
If Ronaldo plays like he did last night, and history shows that's how he usually plays in the really big matches, Liverpool have little to fear from Real Madrid.

Liverpool wouldn't be a big match for Madrid though

TabClear

Was said on BT sports last night its the first time that the last 4 of the CL has had one team from England,Spain,Italy and Germany. You have to go back to 1981 for the last time that happened in the European cup and back then Liverpool beat Bayern Munich in the semi final and Real Madrid in the final and i think that was Madrids last final defeat? the omens are all stacking in Liverpools favour.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bizarre-omen-suggests-liverpool-make-14377725

Well there's a Royal wedding on the cards and the Eurovision stars have aligned. They might as well give us the trophy now!

Denn Forever

Quote from: sid waddell on April 12, 2018, 12:09:11 PM

They have more to fear from  their own players e.g. Lovern
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: TabClear on April 12, 2018, 12:32:37 PM

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bizarre-omen-suggests-liverpool-make-14377725

Well there's a Royal wedding on the cards and the Eurovision stars have aligned. They might as well give us the trophy now!

Liverpool supporters need to embrace the reality that a 6th European cup is a high possibility this May and its basically Liverpool's trophy to lose now!

AZOffaly

Ha ha ha. Liverpool's to lose :)

laoislad

The last time Liverpool won 5-1 on aggregate in a European Cup quarter final was in 1984. They beat Roma in the final that year...just saying...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 12, 2018, 01:09:53 PM

Jesus, ya gotta be in it to win it! Last 4 and nothing to lose, win a trophy and Klopp will have at least achieved something, good run in the champions league and a possible 4th place in EPL would amount to another poor year.. coming 2nd in the league and winning the CL would be a huge achievement.

Can Liverpool be caught in the league? how many points are required to stay top 4? and should they now take stock (if safe) to rest players during the final games of the league to give them every chance of securing a fantastic 6th title ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

Did I  hear right that Coutinho gets a champions league medal if Liverpool win?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 12, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

Why not? if Liverpool win the league, he would also be able to get a medal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2018, 01:26:51 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 12, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

Why not? if Liverpool win the league, he would also be able to get a medal
Harry Kane too,  he touched his shoulder one time

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2018, 01:20:57 PM

Jesus, ya gotta be in it to win it! Last 4 and nothing to lose, win a trophy and Klopp will have at least achieved something, good run in the champions league and a possible 4th place in EPL would amount to another poor year.. coming 2nd in the league and winning the CL would be a huge achievement.

Can Liverpool be caught in the league? how many points are required to stay top 4? and should they now take stock (if safe) to rest players during the final games of the league to give them every chance of securing a fantastic 6th title ?

Of course they are in it to win it. But that's a long way from saying it's there's to lose :)

TabClear

I'm still nervous about securing at least 4th. I know Chelsea are 10 points back but we still have to play them and they have a game in hand so it could be 4 points in reality. There are a couple of tricky ties in the remaining fixtures to teams battling for survival (Stoke/Brigton). I am hoping that WBA are relegated before we play them and Brighton are safe by the final fixture because if Liverpool players start saving themselves for CL Chelsea could have a chance.

trueblue1234

That's not true. Successive CL qualification and a good run in this years CL is progress. You have to be realistic of the starting point. Liverpool haven't challenged for the league in years. I'll be honest a cup would have been nice, but you can fluke a cup even when there isn't progress so I don't see it as a major barometer of success. CL last 4 is progression, as is Liverpool's league performance this year. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit