European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Taylor on April 19, 2017, 09:54:24 AM
Messi is an absolute genius - no other player can control a game the way he can. Even when double & triple marked he can do the business.

Ronaldo on the other hand has moments of genius but goes missing in many many games. Put a man marker on Ronaldo and he becomes annonymous ala Cashley Cole.

Messi has faded significantly the last 12 months. Neymar was the one who drove the miracle against PSG it should be remembered. In fact if you were taking a player for the future rather than for simply the now from Barca it'd probably be him and not Messi.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2017, 10:54:28 AM
Messi is an absolute genius - no other player can control a game the way he can. Even when double & triple marked he can do the business.

Ronaldo on the other hand has moments of genius but goes missing in many many games. Put a man marker on Ronaldo and he becomes annonymous ala Cashley Cole.

Messi has faded significantly the last 12 months. Neymar was the one who drove the miracle against PSG it should be remembered. In fact if you were taking a player for the future rather than for simply the now from Barca it'd probably be him and not Messi.

Faded significantly? He's comfortably the leading scorer in both la liga and the Champions league. As usual, you're talking absolute garbage.

Applesisapples

Bullshit he has carried Barca in La Liga with Neymar only showing periodically what he can do. It was Messi who took the fight to Juve only for Suarez to miss.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on April 19, 2017, 12:05:46 PM

Faded significantly? He's comfortably the leading scorer in both la liga and the Champions league. As usual, you're talking absolute garbage.

As usual, you try to warp the facts to suit the opinion you want to state. To make it clear how marginal what you've said is, according to WhoScored.com Messi has 47 goals for the season in all competitions while Ronaldo has 43. Strange stat to try to make your stand on, to say the least.

Real sit three points clear at the top of La Liga with a game in hand, chasing a double and with a chance to become the only team to defend the European Cup in the CL era. Barca are likely to be eliminated from that competition tonight, in case you've missed it. Ronaldo was also was a huge part of Portugal's first major tournament win last summer.

Both have faded somewhat in recent years but it's Ronaldo who's got it done on the big stage the last 12 months. People remember hat tricks with it all on the line against Bayern Munich - less so against Pep's Man City swiss cheese defense on a rainy day in October.

seafoid

Barca are looking like Roscommon at the moment.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on April 19, 2017, 09:15:11 PM

They looked like Roscommon when they were scoring and conceding a lot. They look like Ulsterball Galway atm.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2017, 09:30:14 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 19, 2017, 09:15:11 PM

They looked like Roscommon when they were scoring and conceding a lot. They look like Ulsterball Galway atm.
Superstars not performing reminded me of Ros

seafoid

So the Barse are out. Manager will probably go too. Maybe McGeeney could give it a lash.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on April 19, 2017, 09:43:56 PM
So the Barse are out. Manager will probably go too. Maybe McGeeney could give it a lash.

Enrique said he's stepping down at the end of the season weeks ago.

ONeill

Not a pile of difference between Arsenal and Barcelona. Arsenal just get hammered in both legs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2017, 09:54:15 PM
Not a pile of difference between Arsenal and Barcelona. Arsenal just get hammered in both legs.

I'd love to see Arsene managing Barca. Match made in heaven.

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2017, 09:58:04 PM

He'd create an even bigger defensive mess. Barca need a defensive guru right now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2017, 10:02:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2017, 09:58:04 PM

He'd create an even bigger defensive mess. Barca need a defensive guru right now.

Just buy in the Spainish version of Doni Buckleyon to coach the defence. It's not like any top level manager has the time to micro-manage every piece of a team anyways.

Captain Obvious

Disappointed by the lack of drama in the Champions league tonight. It's now looks like that Barcelona incredible comeback win was more to do with almighty collapse by PSG than the Barcelona of old returning.

Real Madrid the favourites of final four however most neutrals will be hoping anyone but them win this years Champions league. I don't care myself who wins it so long as the semi finals and final are enjoyable games to watch.

SHEEDY

Juventus havent conceded a goal in open play in this seasons champions league. 10 games so far. Unbelievable stat. They would be my favourites to win it. Only trophy buffon hasnt won.
nil satis nisi optimum